Just how far behind the curve can we put our children?

Journalists these days are hindered by having any knowledge of math.

How can they be expected to accept politicians budget figures if they can even add?

If your job requires it math is very important. A journalist with little math knowledge shouldn't be writing articles on budget figures in the first place.
Anybody can write an article on budget figures. What they shouldn't do is write an OPINION piece on it, which isn't the job of a journalist in the first place.

Of course most people don't realize that because our media has become the spokesperson for the state, and thus ONLY writes opinion pieces or pieces that are disguised as straight reporting when really they are just fluff pieces meant to forward an agenda.....

Most advanced math really is useless unless the career you choose to go into requires it. Remember all the stuff you learned in school your teacher assured you you would use in the real world? Most of it was horseshit.

Like writing? After all how often does one need to write.

Reading and writing are obvious musts. Nobody would debate that. But I had my teachers in school saying, "No, really. You will use algebra in your everyday life when you're an adult." I've never come remotely CLOSE to a situation where I had to use algebra.

Tough classes like math may hurt students' feelings, causing them to run to their safe spaces.

The subsequent over-crowding of safe spaces makes them even more upset and anxious, causing them to seek psychiatric treatment.

So really, this is a mental health issue.

Tough classes like math may hurt students' feelings, causing them to run to their safe spaces.

The subsequent over-crowding of safe spaces makes them even more upset and anxious, causing them to seek psychiatric treatment.

Yes we know, College kids are stupid yada yada

Yes we know, College kids are stupid yada yada
:itsok:

General studies is just a scam to gouge more money out of students.

But I assume you are correct and that they will still be keeping the various diversity indoctrination classes.

Just say it. You know you want to say it....

Just say it. You know you want to say it....
breath.jpg

If your job requires it math is very important. A journalist with little math knowledge shouldn't be writing articles on budget figures in the first place.

Yeah, but the future of the entire Democrat Party rests on their having zero knowledge of the subject. In a perfect world, not even be aware that the might be knowledge to had!

That's a great idea.

Imagine all those college educated waiters and waitresses needing someone to total up the bill for them.

the lawyers and other professionals that will have to hire an accountant to balance their checkbooks.

homemakers needing someone to set up the family budget

(satire)

Family budget? The way so many people live on credit they'll never pay back, I'd say the concept of a budget stopped being a concern for many long before this school decided to stop requiring math.

I get the satire.

Most advanced math really is useless unless the career you choose to go into requires it. Remember all the stuff you learned in school your teacher assured you you would use in the real world? Most of it was horseshit.

Advanced math, I agree. Basic math used in daily life regardless of career, not so much.

Reading and writing are obvious musts. Nobody would debate that. But I had my teachers in school saying, "No, really. You will use algebra in your everyday life when you're an adult." I've never come remotely CLOSE to a situation where I had to use algebra.
As a millwright, I have used, and use, algebra, trig, and geometry quite often. In fact, anyone in the crafts really should be proficient in those subjects.

As a millwright, I have used, and use, algebra, trig, and geometry quite often. In fact, anyone in the crafts really should be proficient in those subjects.

But you suck.

General studies is just a scam to gouge more money out of students.

But I assume you are correct and that they will still be keeping the various diversity indoctrination classes.
Well now, it is evident why you are so ignorant.

College debt is a crushing problem for millions of Americans.

Forcing students to pay for credits that are not relevant to their major is not justifiable in this environment.

Your airy dismissal only shows how little you considered the issue before you engaged your mouth.

Well, that post certainly explains a lot about you and your beliefs.

So math is out for our children, but diversity classes are in.
Wayne State drops math as general ed requirement
David Jesse, Detroit Free Press 4:45 p.m. EDT June 12, 2016
The move means students won't have to take math class to graduate unless their major requires it
635844739880781441-WSU-102708-PB-107.jp-1-1-4K9D2VTT-L532927184.JPG
Buy Photo

(Photo: Patricia Beck, Detroit Free Press)

Wayne State University has subtracted mathematics from the list of classes all students must take to graduate.
Wayne State drops math as general ed requirement

Hilarious. That explains where all the idiots in the house-flipping business come from, for instance ... and why so many go bankrupt.

The real reason they dropped it is because they're desperate to warm yet more seats, and increase their budgets via the practice of govt. programs that base their grants on attendance, that's all. Too many uneducated high schoolers who can't pass entrance exams or drop out because they feel depressed n stuff over not getting trophies and A+'s for getting two out of three letters right when spelling 'cat'.

Well, that post certainly explains a lot about you and your beliefs.

Being snide is not a rebuttal.

That you don't grasp that shows your education is not nearly as advanced as you would like to think.

Forum List

Back