Just heard a news story I cant believe. say it aint so

On an ABC news break on the radio I heard that Obama has decreed (my word) that it is unlawful for businesses to hire or fire based on the obamacare mandate. Under threat from the IRS.

Is this accurate? This has to be highly illegal if so. Also if true I guess we can expect employees laid off to start suing on these grounds? Who the fuck is Obama to tell PRIVATE industry how to structure their businesses?

It is entirely accurate. If an employer wants to lay off or fire someone that employer has to meet IRS criteria and swear under penalty of perjury that the action was not financially necessary.

only IF they continue to accept the subsidies.

It is not as cut and dry as you seem to believe.

That's why it's wise to never take money from the government. They own your ass afterwords.

On an ABC news break on the radio I heard that Obama has decreed (my word) that it is unlawful for businesses to hire or fire based on the obamacare mandate. Under threat from the IRS.

Is this accurate? This has to be highly illegal if so. Also if true I guess we can expect employees laid off to start suing on these grounds? Who the fuck is Obama to tell PRIVATE industry how to structure their businesses?

I think Obama just needs to saddle up and pass a law stating that if any individual persons, business, or organization publicly states that an Obama-approved policy or law has negatively affected them in any way, they will be arrested immediately in the name of the "safety and well-being of the country".

Screw the slow road, let's get on the fast track to an economy that's completely controlled by the Fed Gov't!!! Who's with me?

**Raises right arm**

I think Obama just needs to saddle up and pass a law stating that if any individual persons, business, or organization publicly states that an Obama-approved policy or law has negatively affected them in any way, they will be arrested immediately in the name of the "safety and well-being of the country".

Screw the slow road, let's get on the fast track to an economy that's completely controlled by the Fed Gov't!!! Who's with me?

**Raises right arm**

Careful, you may lose it in a "legal" drone strike

Is this accurate?

Nope. You heard, or the maniac you were listening to, heard what they wanted to hear, and believe what you want to believe.

It ain't so.

Is this accurate?

Nope. You heard, or the maniac you were listening to, heard what they wanted to hear, and believe what you want to believe.

It ain't so.

We'll take your word for it
:doubt:

Is this accurate?

It ain't so.

IlarMeilyr clarified. Essentially, his proclamation deems that any business that receives subsidies for obamacare has to certify... It's what happens when you get in bed with the govt. It can not affect businesses that cut employees or hours because of obamacare who did not receive subsidies. That was just confirmed by private legal counsel of my own.

Is this accurate?

It ain't so.

why is it you require proof from g5000 - asking him to prove a negative, incidentally - and don't require any of Grampa Murkd?

It ain't so.

why is it you require proof from g5000 - asking him to prove a negative, incidentally - and don't require any of Grampa Murkd?

Besides Grandpa's OP there have been several other members (Ilar, for one) that have provided further insight on the matter.

Simply popping in and saying, "Nuh unh" doesn't count as a rebuttal

Ah, Exon, the Oil Company that takes the same tax incentives that all other companies take.
The same company whose profit margin is smaller than most companies.
The same Company whose tens of thousands of stock owners get dividends from that small profit margin.

Dutch, FYI the Federal Government makes more off Exon in taxes than Exon makes off Exon.

It doesn't make it illegal to fire workers because of ObamaCare...it just makes it incredibly uncomfortable to publicly claim that it was done by using the IRS as a goon squad.

It ain't so.

Prove what though? It's a verified story. The law states that companies can't lay off employees to get under the 100 persons threshold just to avoid having to pay now (vs getting an extension).

How about this: Democrat Allen Boyd's family received over a million dollars in farm subsidies while he was on the Agriculture Committee.

It blocks companies from telling the truth under threat of Obama's Gestapo, the IRS.

Prove what though? It's a verified story. The law states that companies can't lay off employees to get under the 100 persons threshold just to avoid having to pay now (vs getting an extension).

No, the law says you cant have a SUBSIDY if you do that.

It doesn't say you can't do that, Legally and Generally.

It ain't so.

Proof from me for what exactly? Can you read? I ASKED for details, I didn't offer details.

Christ

Forum List

Back