Just heard a news story I cant believe. say it aint so

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
On an ABC news break on the radio I heard that Obama has decreed (my word) that it is unlawful for businesses to hire or fire based on the obamacare mandate. Under threat from the IRS.

Is this accurate? This has to be highly illegal if so. Also if true I guess we can expect employees laid off to start suing on these grounds? Who the fuck is Obama to tell PRIVATE industry how to structure their businesses?

On an ABC news break on the radio I heard that Obama has decreed (my word) that it is unlawful for businesses to hire or fire based on the obamacare mandate. Under threat from the IRS.

Is this accurate? This has to be highly illegal if so. Also if true I guess we can expect employees laid off to start suing on these grounds? Who the fuck is Obama to tell PRIVATE industry how to structure their businesses?

It is entirely accurate. If an employer wants to lay off or fire someone that employer has to meet IRS criteria and swear under penalty of perjury that the action was not financially necessary.

The waivers are illegal.

The delaying of the corporate and individual mandates are illegal.

The bailout of GM and arranged payoff to the UAW was illegal.

The shotgun marriage of Chrysler and Fiat was illegal.

But progressives and Obie's lapdogs in the media don't care. He's their despot and they're standing by him.

It is entirely accurate. If an employer wants to lay off or fire someone that employer has to meet IRS criteria and swear under penalty of perjury that the action was not financially necessary.

only IF they continue to accept the subsidies.

It is not as cut and dry as you seem to believe.

• Banned

That would make sense but I have a question.....why the fuck are private for profit businesses getting subsidies anyway?

Not entirely accurate.
There is a subsidy that businesses can get if they have so many employees.
Let's say 50 to 100 employees.
What the IRS is going to look for is if a company has had say 115-120 employees for several years, and then when the subsidy becomes available - they go down to 100.
That 100 not being their average number of employees over a time.

However - this is an INCREDIBLE slippery slope.

That would make sense but I have a question.....why the fuck are private for profit businesses getting subsidies anyway?

I agree. Its about as legal as giving tax dollars to GM and Chrysler.

If Obumbler "decrees" a "law," who "signs" it?

It can't be HIM, since he is acting as a Legislature, not as an Executive. Fairness would thus require that it be signed-off on by the Legislative Branch (acting as a kind of Executive?), I suppose.

But since the actual Legislative Branch is not led by one Chief Executive (or chief legislator), then logically, I would further guess that the only way they could sign-off on an Obumbler decree would be to -- ya know -- pass the legislation constituting a "signing."

Of course, the reason Obumbler is attempting to pretend that he is also the Legislative Branch is to EVADE such a check and balance. And if Congress wouldn't pass the law in the first place for Obumbler to sign, then it stands to reason they wouldn't pass a bill to constitute their "signing," either.

Obumbler is FOILED again.

He really does NOT much care for the Constitution.

Last edited:

I don't know, ask Exxon.

Forum List

Back