Just heard a news story I cant believe. say it aint so

Prediction: The "employer mandate" will be permanently delayed/eliminated.

quite likely. However, THAT could be legally challenged. Delaying implementation for policy reasons gets a pass. But flat out ignoring a statutory commandment is something admins supposedly cannot do

On an ABC news break on the radio I heard that Obama has decreed (my word) that it is unlawful for businesses to hire or fire based on the obamacare mandate. Under threat from the IRS.

Is this accurate? This has to be highly illegal if so. Also if true I guess we can expect employees laid off to start suing on these grounds? Who the fuck is Obama to tell PRIVATE industry how to structure their businesses?

Not entirely accurate.
There is a subsidy that businesses can get if they have so many employees.
Let's say 50 to 100 employees.
What the IRS is going to look for is if a company has had say 115-120 employees for several years, and then when the subsidy becomes available - they go down to 100.
That 100 not being their average number of employees over a time.

However - this is an INCREDIBLE slippery slope.

Someone at the IRS will be determining that your business decision to downsize is "fraudulent" as it pertains to the subsidy as opposed to part of a long term business plan.

Slippery slope doesn't come close to defining the dangers of this.

This is unlawful, but liberals won't care, because obama is doing it. What they do not realize that someone will be president that don't agree with their agenda. This new power can be bad for them in the future.

quite likely. However, THAT could be legally challenged. Delaying implementation for policy reasons gets a pass. But flat out ignoring a statutory commandment is something admins supposedly cannot do

Highly doubtful that it would be challenged since Rs or Ds aren't challenging the decrees, changes, extensions, waivers made to certain groups, delays...which have nothing to do with policy, made by O to obamacare.

This CAN NOT be allowed to stand.
Who is going to stop him?

The media has their heads up his butt and the republicans are straight up cowards.

All it is going to take is one test case.

When the IRS tries to implement the "decree" which Obumbler is trying to foist off as "law," any such impacted employer will probably simply file a lawsuit in the OTHER Branch of government. Maybe they will seek an outright injunction to prohibit the enforcement of an unConstitutional "law" that was never passed by congress.

I saw how the SCOTUS (especially our pitiable Chief Justice) caved-in on ObumblerCare in the first place. So I DO have some concerns about how that might turn out in the long run.

But in the short term, it is quite clear. Obumbler and his IRS cannot "enforce" Obumbler's own non-law "decree."

As usual, Fakey (the Obumbler salad-tossing liberal Democrat) is just plain wrong --

again.

Last edited:

"Reverse prediction"...it won't.
Businesses would LOVE to get out of the insurance business.
Take pensions, company after company is getting away from providing pensions.
Our company for instance, the total healthcare cost to the company is about $800 per employee. Per employee.
It is a wet dream of many a business owner to not have to pay these costs. And they know Obamacare is THE pathway to single payer.
And if Hillary Clinton or any other Democrat wins - single payer will happen.
We lose, and once again corporations win. (besides insurance companies and the health industry of course)

Not only does Obama the Authoritarian lie to the American people.....now he is forcing business to lie for him....:evil:

Congress better stop funding anything and everything he wants.....:eusa_hand:

This CAN NOT be allowed to stand.
Who is going to stop him?

The media has their heads up his butt and the republicans are straight up cowards.

Obama can not be stopped as long as the Democrats in the Senate are agreeable to his power grabs. Impeachment, and removal from office is the only remedy for a runaway presidency, and Obama knows that the Senate Democrats would never allow his removal from office.

Consequently, a house impeachment would be an exercise in futility.

However, if we get a Republican majority in the Senate, they can stop his nonsense through the appropriations process. They can refuse to appropriate funds necessary to enforcing his power grabs.

Ummm......
for something to be "unlawful" shouldn't there be a law on the books making it illegal?

Who passed this law?
Who signed it?

The premise is when you sign the tax return it clearly states you are signing a true statement i.e. your return.
If though as part of your filing you have received ACA subsidies because you let employee 101 go because your costs are going up because of ACA YOU are lying on your return.
Because to justify letting employee 101 go you must attest it WAS NOT due to Obamacare but other considerations.

So if the employer can't come up with any other reason, can't let employee go and employer now must provide insurance under ACA.. added cost of doing business is NOW not acceptable IF because of ACA law!

Step one to nationalized businesses...

Ummm......
for something to be "unlawful" shouldn't there be a law on the books making it illegal?

Who passed this law?
Who signed it?

The premise is when you sign the tax return it clearly states you are signing a true statement i.e. your return.
If though as part of your filing you have received ACA subsidies because you let employee 101 go because your costs are going up because of ACA YOU are lying on your return.
Because to justify letting employee 101 go you must attest it WAS NOT due to Obamacare but other considerations.

So if the employer can't come up with any other reason, can't let employee go and employer now must provide insurance under ACA.. added cost of doing business is NOW not acceptable IF because of ACA law!

anyone who is a business owner and rented space is well aware that every lease has escalations that are implemented annually.

So all one would have to say is "this years escalations were such that I had to lay off an employee"

The problem I see is.....some attitudinal guy at the IRS will have the right to say "I think you lied"

Even if it were true.

Scary shit if you ask me.

Ummm......

Who passed this law?
Who signed it?

No no.

If you accept ObumblerCare "subsidies" but are required to affirm or swear that to qualify for them you have not fired any employee over the COST of providing ObumblerCare, then OF COURSE you can be prosecuted.

Perjury is still a crime.

But, if you are compelled to let employees go to EVADE the financial burdens imposed BY ObumblerCare and assuming you don't accept any ObumblerCare "subsidies," then there is no law (certainly none which the President can "decree" by himself) which can sanction you for taking a necessary business decision.

No perjury; no IRS sanctions regardless of anything "decreed" by President Obumbler.

Ummm......

Who passed this law?
Who signed it?

anyone who is a business owner and rented space is well aware that every lease has escalations that are implemented annually.

So all one would have to say is "this years escalations were such that I had to lay off an employee"

The problem I see is.....some attitudinal guy at the IRS will have the right to say "I think you lied"

Even if it were true.

Scary shit if you ask me.

It sure is. Plus, a president seeking criminal prosecutions against business owners for speaking out against his law is very illegal and scary.

Ummm......

Who passed this law?
Who signed it?

No no.

If you accept ObumblerCare "subsidies" but are required to affirm or swear that to qualify for them you have not fired any employee over the COST of providing ObumblerCare, then OF COURSE you can be prosecuted.

Perjury is still a crime.

But, if you are compelled to let employees go to EVADE the financial burdens imposed BY ObumblerCare and assuming you don't accept any ObumblerCare "subsidies," then there is no law (certainly none which the President can "decree" by himself) which can sanction you for taking a necessary business decision.

No perjury; no IRS sanctions regardless of anything "decreed" by President Obumbler.

Thanks for that clarification.

On an ABC news break on the radio I heard that Obama has decreed (my word) that it is unlawful for businesses to hire or fire based on the obamacare mandate. Under threat from the IRS.

Is this accurate? This has to be highly illegal if so. Also if true I guess we can expect employees laid off to start suing on these grounds? Who the fuck is Obama to tell PRIVATE industry how to structure their businesses?

I think Obama just needs to saddle up and pass a law stating that if any individual persons, business, or organization publicly states that an Obama-approved policy or law has negatively affected them in any way, they will be arrested immediately in the name of the "safety and well-being of the country".

Screw the slow road, let's get on the fast track to an economy that's completely controlled by the Fed Gov't!!! Who's with me?

Last edited:
Bsides Fakey, any other liberals gonna step in and defend the big O?

I'll defend him.

Obviously steady employment is top of mind with most Americans today, and if they were to truly understand how much of a negative effect Obamacare has on hiring and laying off individuals, they might just be forced to take action and (perhaps) pressure Congress to overturn the legislation, paving the way to a more rational system of Healthcare.

This new initiative effectively works to "cover up" some of the negative aspects of Obamacare, ultimately making the administration look better.

Perfectly rational.

Last edited:
Obama wants to stop negative backlash from companies top down...but too frikkin bad for middle class workers.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back