Just got my Gurkha / Kukri knives!

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
These things are heavy duty and the Rosewood handles are very nice!!!
The larger one is easily 5/16 thick and the forward weight is perfect!!
Total price was $186 and I didnt even know I was getting the smaller version as well as the large.
Can't wait to try em out!!

3283C479-B4F6-4F6F-BAFD-E680F543B152.jpeg

BE6DD561-43F3-4713-9393-EBFFA73AF8AD.jpeg

What is the functionality/advantage of that blade style?

What is the eyelet at the base of the blade, near the handle for?

Total price was $186 and I didnt even know I was getting the smaller version as well as the large.

View attachment 618915

View attachment 618916
Nice. I like the small one. Never really liked a large knife other than the K-bar I carried, as it was more utilitarian for my needs, and not so expensive, I did not put it to good use in the field or in civilian back country. My boss saw me with mine and told me it was a vulgar looking weapon for a General's Aide, and asked what I use it for. I turned, drew, threw and stuck it up an inch and quarter, dead center in a pine tree, about 18 feet away and said, anything that comes up, including hammering tent pegs, cutting wire, rendering hot mortar rounds safe or working on this jeep. He seemed satisfied.

What is the functionality/advantage of that blade style?

What is the eyelet at the base of the blade, near the handle for?

It's made for chopping and with the front heavy blade it does that very well.
I believe it was Nepal who's military used them in battle and they'll easily chop off an arm in one swing.
Not sure about the notch just yet,I wanted one mainly for it's chopping ability.
It'll out perform a machete with ease.

It's made with high carbon steel which I'm a fan of.
Easy to sharpen and they hold an edge.
It was made in Nepal.
Amazon product

You ever try making your own.?

I experimented a few times with Chinese stars and knifes I couldn't get the heat treatment right, when I was playing around in a Bridgeport and oil quenching

Nice. I like the small one. Never really liked a large knife other than the K-bar I carried, as it was more utilitarian for my needs, and not so expensive, I did not put it to good use in the field or in civilian back country. My boss saw me with mine and told me it was a vulgar looking weapon for a General's Aide, and asked what I use it for. I turned, drew, threw and stuck it up an inch and quarter, dead center in a pine tree, about 18 feet away and said, anything that comes up, including hammering tent pegs, cutting wire, rendering hot mortar rounds safe or working on this jeep. He seemed satisfied.

The bigger blade is 16 inches long,havent checked the short version as of yet.
The small one would be great for carrying on your belt.
The biggun would be more of a chopping tool around camp.

View attachment 618915

View attachment 618916

They look good. I picked up a British military one dated 1945 when I was in Madras back in the 1970's.

Chopping like you would use a machete.
From what I've read they work far better than your average machete.
It's all about the weight forward design.
Couldn't you just use this, your cute wife could operate it while your watching a Texan football game.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back