Just gained a new respect for Andy Griffith.

I'm sure lots of people got upset when JFK was shot. My father, who lived through those times, told me that the assassination of JFK was the reason the Democratic Party went insane.

I've never been a fan of the Andy Griffith show, but I did see an episode of it over the weekend and Barney at the beginning was funny when he said that he bought a septic tank for a person's birthday because it would be a gift that the person that he was giving it to could use. :D :D :D

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'm sure lots of people got upset when JFK was shot. My father, who lived through those times, told me that the assassination of JFK was the reason the Democratic Party went insane.
There was massive sympathy and Johnson was elected in a 1964 landslide that also brought total control of the House and Senate. All of Johnson's agendas were passed. The Progs were in control.

He was a good actor, especially when he played bad guys. All the sitcom back then pretty much sucked, except for Burns and Allen, Jack Benny and Dobie Gillis. My favorite characters in Andy Griffith's was Ernest T. Bass and Floyd. Saw a couple of episodes of Dobie Gillis a couple of months ago; they've aged pretty well, and could be run today and not look like 'old timey stuff', except for the 'beatnik' thing with Maynard, though a lot of 'hipsters' are kind of into that retro thing, only instead of bongos I think ukeleles are big.

Forum List

Back