Just establishing the safe space...

I have found that people rarely say mean things to me when I am armed. LOL

What happens when they do? Would you be able to shoot somebody 'cos they said something bad to you?

If not why carry the gun?

I find the threat, implicit only, of a swift head but keeps people nice. Although here in the UK it can be a bit full contact.

il_570xN.1170204011_3jql.jpg

enjoy visiting & keep an eye out for our next revolution... at least this time you can enjoy some popcorn watching the crossroads 'merika is heading for. :popcorn:

What happens when they do? Would you be able to shoot somebody 'cos they said something bad to you?

I find the threat, implicit only, of a swift head but keeps people nice. Although here in the UK it can be a bit full contact.
Don't know it's never happened. Shoot some one because of thier mouth? No, but you pull on me yes. I do not carry often as stated before but there are times due to my work where I have to be in some bad areas with realy expensive equipment in m truck. That is about the only time I am armed these days unless I am going hunting. I recently started a fishing charter buisness with a couple of retired cops they are normally armed. One screwed me this year by taking a job with the FBI instead of helping me run the charter buisness and I am not happy with him. Running a buisness with a childhood friends was why we started the thing in the first place. We have done our time and are collecting retirement. We made a pact way back in 7th grade that we would start this buisness when we retired and both of them have prettty much left me holding the bag getting it started. For this reason I do not have time to go hunting and visions of spending the summer with my best friends has not surfaced. Actually since I retired I have not carried once.
PS. I am not happy with my friends not helping me with our buisness, it was a real let down. I have met some of the up and coming captains on the lake and they are wanting to partner with me. My buddies might get horned out.

So shifting gears here, you're a home-owner, right? What do you think of your new PM Boris Johnson? Do you think he'll help to bring your property taxes down a little?

Hi,

New here, not new to this sort of thing.

I expect to annoy people. If you don't like having your ideas questioned you will not like me much. Still it can't be as bad a the pub poker I play twice a week, there insults are compliments and the whole thing often revolves around psychologically breaking each other.

I'm in Sheffield UK if that matters.
tenor.gif

:)

Absolutely nothing. Not even bears and dinosaurs.

Well maybe space aliens. I've never shot one of those, so I don't know how many rounds it takes to put them down.
If daily life doesn't terrify you, why do you need all the things you listed for your safe space?

Daily life doesn't terrify me because I have those things. I don't have them because I feel that I need them. I have them because I want them, because I can have them, because I can afford them, and because fuck you.
Yet you define that as your "safe space".

Denial?

No matter where I go, my "safe space" extends out 100 yards in all directions.

Bet you couldn't hit a man-sized target with a 9mm at 100 yards.
You come with a nine mil at a hundred yards against the guy that brings the right tool for the job you will be dead,dead,dead. Any one using a nine in that situation is not hte brightest bulb in the bunch. You don't sound tough to me you sound extra stupid.

Of course, silly. That's why I usually throw an AK a a few magazines in the trunk, if I'm going out of town

Now for a lesson in ballistics:

A 124 grain 9mm JHP depending on the brand, has an average muzzle velocity of 1150 fps. That's an equivalent energy force of 384 foot-pounds. At 100 yards, the velocity has dropped to 997 fps, with an energy of 274 foot-pounds.

Now let's look at the same thing in .22 LR: A 40-grain .22 high-velocity Long Rifle round has a muzzle velocity of 1470 fps and an energy of 192 foot-pounds. At 100 yards, the velocity has dropped to a velocity of 1128 fps, with an energy of 113 foot-pounds.

I've shot squirrels at 100 yards with a scoped .22 rifle. A 9mm handgun has over twice the equivalent energy at the same range and as you can see, I wound not want to take a 9mm round at 100 yards. It would sting a little.

If daily life doesn't terrify you, why do you need all the things you listed for your safe space?

Daily life doesn't terrify me because I have those things. I don't have them because I feel that I need them. I have them because I want them, because I can have them, because I can afford them, and because fuck you.

Denial?

You come with a nine mil at a hundred yards against the guy that brings the right tool for the job you will be dead,dead,dead. Any one using a nine in that situation is not hte brightest bulb in the bunch. You don't sound tough to me you sound extra stupid.

Of course, silly. That's why I usually throw an AK a a few magazines in the trunk, if I'm going out of town

A 124 grain 9mm JHP depending on the brand, has an average muzzle velocity of 1150 fps. That's an equivalent energy force of 384 foot-pounds. At 100 yards, the velocity has dropped to 997 fps, with an energy of 274 foot-pounds.

Now let's look at the same thing in .22 LR: A 40-grain .22 high-velocity Long Rifle round has a muzzle velocity of 1470 fps and an energy of 192 foot-pounds. At 100 yards, the velocity has dropped to a velocity of 1128 fps, with an energy of 113 foot-pounds.

I've shot squirrels at 100 yards with a scoped .22 rifle. A 9mm handgun has over twice the equivalent energy at the same range and as you can see, I wound not want to take a 9mm round at 100 yards. It would sting a little.
It's not about the impact, it's about accuracy and short barrels. Plus the damn things drop over a foot in a hundred yards.

Denial?

It's not about the impact, it's about accuracy and short barrels. Plus the damn things drop over a foot in a hundred yards.

No shit. 1.8" at 50 yards, 12.03" at 100. It's called "holdover." If you know the ballistic characteristics of the caliber, it's easy to adjust your point of aim. All guns shoot much better than the idiot holding them.

Thanks to all for the welcomes.

So what's the scoop there Tim..?

Both my Gramps were British and moved to Canada after WW1.. I kinda feel related or something..
Er,..?
I don't quite understand the question.

So you're not a mind reader? .. :lol:

eh, just being friendly.. I thought since you were here you might have something to say..
I'm sure I will but I try to keep the Hello bit clean-ish...

Sounds Good.. and there's plenty of good hearted and friendly folks around here as well.

Soo... see you around...

Hi,

I expect to annoy people. If you don't like having your ideas questioned you will not like me much. Still it can't be as bad a the pub poker I play twice a week, there insults are compliments and the whole thing often revolves around psychologically breaking each other.

Welcome to USMB, Tim the Plumber. Please read the forum rules. People here to merely troll other posters are quickly removed from membership. Other than that, welcome to USMB. I hope you enjoy the boards and do not jeopardize your membership. ;)

Hi,

Welcome. Are your teeth crooked?

BTW. Are you related to Joe The Plumber by chance?

Hi,

Are you one of the civilized blokes who cannot be trusted with fire arms?
I am one of those men who would rather not trust my fellow citizens with guns. Some of them are mad.

What better reason to own a firearm?
Those same crazies could kill you with a knife.

Denial?

Most of us understand bullet drop and aim points....just sayin.

Denial?

And? That doesn't make a hundred yard shot with a 9mm easy.

And? That doesn't make a hundred yard shot with a 9mm easy.

A man-sized target? Easy peazy.

Hi,

Are you one of the civilized blokes who cannot be trusted with fire arms?
I am one of those men who would rather not trust my fellow citizens with guns. Some of them are mad.

What are they mad about? Did someone say something mean to them?
Yes. But more generally mad in the insane sense.

I find that people often say mean things.

upload_2020-3-2_21-29-50.png

Hi,

Welcome. Are your teeth crooked?

BTW. Are you related to Joe The Plumber by chance?
No. No relation.

Forum List

Back