Just an observation, people in Toronto are sad and lonely.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I have been trying to make friends online. Men or women, just platonic since I am going through alot emotionally and otherwise. I would like to do so in public but lack the time and even places to hang out. I'd prefer to meet people at a library or chess tournament rather than a bar. Regardless,.one point I have noticed, outside of how forward and aggressive women are today online is how lonely people are. Superficial too often, but very lonely. So many of us in our late 40s 50s and beyond, single, trying to find friendship (and others more). There is no way any of us saw ourselves in this situation when we were in our 20s and there are ALOT of us.

Last edited:
Do those "ladies" demand a Vaccine proof or Test w/i 24 hours before they will get close?
My friend warned me of this too. Everyone is plastic, they talk about themselves an inordinate amount in ther profiles, I mean not even subtle arrogant. The type of man they are looking for would basically have so many options that these woman would be waaaay down the list, but, they demand it. Thus, I see a plethora of woman (and possibly men) growing old and dying alone. It is eye opening tbh. They all have Reality TV, Diva attitudes in their profiles lol.

Last edited:
I love Bill. Coolest Canadian we have produced.

https://vip.premium4kflix.website/images/movies/imdbcache/tt0734600.jpg

WHAT? Not TREBEK?
Yeah, Alex is up there. Both icons. Shatner is just a step above for his global recognition and really funny interactions in radio and otherwise. Google the stuff when he is working a radio commercial and does the take over and over, basically being a dry with the producer who is advising him how to act and he takes exception. He also has an advtantage if being from Montreal, which I have to admit is the coolest major city in Canada.

Last edited:
So I have been trying to make friends online. Men or women, just platonic since I am going through alot emotionally and otherwise. I would like to do so in public but lack the time and even places to hang out. I'd prefer to meet people at a library or chess tournament rather than a bar. Regardless,.one point I have noticed, outside of how forward and aggressive women are today online is how lonely people are. Superficial too often, but very lonely. So many of us in our late 40s 50s and beyond, single, trying to find friendship (and others more). There is no way any of us saw ourselves in this situation when we were in our 20s and there are ALOT of us.

Does your library have any social activities? I know my parents library has various social activities like movie nights and various classes on stuff. My mother-in-law went to some classes on computer/cell phone stuff at her library in the past so not sure if most classes are geared towards seniors.
Another place to meet people is community centers. When my mom retired she meet her best friends taking a jewelry making class. The center has other activities mostly geared towards seniors but there is always a some middle aged people as well.

Does your library have any social activities? I know my parents library has various social activities like movie nights and various classes on stuff. My mother-in-law went to some classes on computer/cell phone stuff at her library in the past so not sure if most classes are geared towards seniors.
Another place to meet people is community centers. When my mom retired she meet her best friends taking a jewelry making class. The center has other activities mostly geared towards seniors but there is always a some middle aged people as well.
Yeah. Very little. Just a difficult place to hit Middle Age even when few think I am the age I am. It is monents like these I miss my wife, abuse and all.

Forum List

Back