Jussie Smollet vs. Morton Downey, Jr.

As I have been trying to tell Joe all over this board while he slops the misinformation everywhere. The airport called the police, as the airport would if they saw someone stumbling out of the bathroom claiming they had been attacked. The police showed up, Downey refused to be examined or file the report:

The thing was, the airport DID File a report. There was an investigation. Resources were wasted proving he drew a swastika on his own face.

AAAAAAAnd. White guy. No charges filed.

He didn't go to jail Joe because being a drama queen is not a crime. Being stupid is not a crime. But filing a false police report IS a crime, which he did not do. Therefore, there was nothing for which to go to jail because, as I keep telling you, he did NOT FILE A POLICE REPORT.

Wow, when you find some misinformation you really triple down, don't you???

He committed a fraud in a secure facility that would have automatically triggered a police investigation. The police were involved. there was plenty they could have charged him with, including disorderly conduct, but they didn't... because. White Privilege.

Wow, just wow!

So one guy does not go to jail, so the other should not either.

You had to go so far back to 1989 to find a case of some idiot white guy doing this to make your case that if the black guy goes to jail then it is racism...

Well Joe the reality is Morton should have been sent to jail back then for at least thirty days and then sent to a mental hospital.

The other guy in today news should do thirty days in jail and again mental hospital!

Or neither one of them should go to jail because jail should be for dangerous people. But if you give the white celebrity a pass and come down like a ton of bricks on the black guy...

that smacks of racism.

It's a pathetic man that can't admit he's wrong. You're wrong Joe. The police "investigated" which just means they came out, no doubt because the airport called them. No report was filed. Downey Jr was the supposedly "offended" party and he didn't want to file a report, bc he was smarter than the really stupid Smollett. So there was nothing for him to go to jail for.

An "investigation" is not a report, Joe. You were wrong.

As I have been trying to tell Joe all over this board while he slops the misinformation everywhere. The airport called the police, as the airport would if they saw someone stumbling out of the bathroom claiming they had been attacked. The police showed up, Downey refused to be examined or file the report:

The thing was, the airport DID File a report. There was an investigation. Resources were wasted proving he drew a swastika on his own face.

He didn't go to jail Joe because being a drama queen is not a crime. Being stupid is not a crime. But filing a false police report IS a crime, which he did not do. Therefore, there was nothing for which to go to jail because, as I keep telling you, he did NOT FILE A POLICE REPORT.

He committed a fraud in a secure facility that would have automatically triggered a police investigation. The police were involved. there was plenty they could have charged him with, including disorderly conduct, but they didn't... because. White Privilege.

Wow, just wow!

You had to go so far back to 1989 to find a case of some idiot white guy doing this to make your case that if the black guy goes to jail then it is racism...

Well Joe the reality is Morton should have been sent to jail back then for at least thirty days and then sent to a mental hospital.

The other guy in today news should do thirty days in jail and again mental hospital!

Or neither one of them should go to jail because jail should be for dangerous people. But if you give the white celebrity a pass and come down like a ton of bricks on the black guy...

that smacks of racism.

You are comparing Morton crime from thirty years ago to today standards.

Morton would be in deep shit in today time!

He would have been removed from air, arrested and convicted in San Francisco in today time, so please stop trying to excuse the Chicago incident by saying it is double standards and racist to put the Black man in jail.

As I have stated Morton should have gone to jail but that was San Fran and the State of California fault.

As for the Chicago incident there is more to the story than just this one incident...

Wow, just wow!

that smacks of racism.

He would have been removed from air, arrested and convicted in San Francisco in today time, so please stop trying to excuse the Chicago incident by saying it is double standards and racist to put the Black man in jail.

As I have stated Morton should have gone to jail but that was San Fran and the State of California fault.

As for the Chicago incident there is more to the story than just this one incident...

Nope.

Downey Jr. did not call the police and did not file a report. He was not in the air. He was in a bathroom, stumbled out, and claimed the attack happened there. The airport, I'm assuming, called the police. Downey Jr. refused to be examined and refused to file a report. End of story. There was nothing for which to jail him. He's an idiot drama queen, but you don't put people in jail for that.

See earlier in the thread where I quoted an article from the NYT about the incident going back to 1989.

Wow, just wow!

that smacks of racism.

It's a pathetic man that can't admit he's wrong. You're wrong Joe. The police "investigated" which just means they came out, no doubt because the airport called them. No report was filed. Downey Jr was the supposedly "offended" party and he didn't want to file a report, bc he was smarter than the really stupid Smollett. So there was nothing for him to go to jail for.

You hit that JoeyB Dolezal nail squarely on it’s empty, lying head. Good work, thanks.

Wow, just wow!

that smacks of racism.

You hit that JoeyB Dolezal nail squarely on it’s empty, lying head. Good work, thanks.

This is how people stay liberals at 57 years old.

When they're wrong, and they're actually PROVEN wrong, rather than saying, like mature adults, do, "Hey I was wrong, gee my bad".....they double and triple down.

It's sad to watch. Interesting, but sad.

Wow, just wow!

that smacks of racism.

Nope.

Downey Jr. did not call the police and did not file a report. He was not in the air. He was in a bathroom, stumbled out, and claimed the attack happened there. The airport, I'm assuming, called the police. Downey Jr. refused to be examined and refused to file a report. End of story. There was nothing for which to jail him. He's an idiot drama queen, but you don't put people in jail for that.

See earlier in the thread where I quoted an article from the NYT about the incident going back to 1989.

Then I stand corrected but you are discussing this with Joe and he will scream that it is the same thing...

Uh, yeah, disorderly conduct. Disrupting the operations of an airport. There were a shitload of things they COULD have charged him with.

They didn't. They just proved he did it to himself, pointed it out, and let the world have a good laugh at him.

Or do you think it's okay to disrupt airport operations? Try it out some time, it should be amusing.

Uh, yeah, disorderly conduct. Disrupting the operations of an airport. There were a shitload of things they COULD have charged him with.

They didn't. They just proved he did it to himself, pointed it out, and let the world have a good laugh at him.

Or do you think it's okay to disrupt airport operations? Try it out some time, it should be amusing.

Joe don't make a fool of yourself. You were wrong, just admit it and move on like a man.

Joe don't make a fool of yourself. You were wrong, just admit it and move on like a man.

Nothing to move on from.

White guy fakes a hate crime... gets a pass.
Black guy fakes a hate crime... throw the book at him.

Check your privilege.

You're comparing apples and oranges, Joe. But we know liberals are allergic to facts. We understand this.

Nothing to move on from.

Check your privilege.

White guys own slaves in the 1800's and black couple in Texas had a slave in the 2000's, so should that couple been sent to jail?

I mean what a racist society!

My point?
Downey was in 1989 and this is 2019 which mean different time but hey go with that it is racist to enforce the law when Chicago is a Progressive City!

Nothing to move on from.

Check your privilege.

White guys own slaves in the 1800's and black couple in Texas had a slave in the 2000's, so should that couple been sent to jail?

My point?
Downey was in 1989 and this is 2019 which mean different time but hey go with that it is racist to enforce the law when Chicago is a Progressive City!

The article I quoted in 1989 even cited that Downey refused to file a police report and, at that time, filing a police report was a misdemeanor. So it was clear that Downey escaped legal action because he did not file a report.

That's the difference.

Nothing to move on from.

Check your privilege.

My point?

The article I quoted in 1989 even cited that Downey refused to file a police report and, at that time, filing a police report was a misdemeanor. So it was clear that Downey escaped legal action because he did not file a report.

That's the difference.

Actually Joe goal is to call everyone that disagree with him a racist because he believe Chicago Police Department should just turn a blind eye to the false report.

What Joe should understand is the Chicago PD will throw the book at the individual because of the wasted resources that could have been used for real victims.

But Joe will scream racism...

Nothing to move on from.

Check your privilege.

My point?

That's the difference.

Actually Joe goal is to call everyone that disagree with him a racist because he believe Chicago Police Department should just turn a blind eye to the false report.

What Joe should understand is the Chicago PD will throw the book at the individual because of the wasted resources that could have been used for real victims.

Very few people thought this Smollett case would come to much, even though a lot of us thought it was a hoax from very early on. I held out hope that it would be exposed, though, and it was because of the beat cops I thought that it might. I knew it would royally tick them off top to bottom. These seriously overworked cops DO NOT want some drama queen eating up their time and resources with drama queenery. Worse, they do not want him to get away with it....therefore, inviting more. When the leaks started, I saw this as the beat cops running an end game around the politico heads at the top.

Joe also does not understand that cops hate injustice. They are black and white, good and evil thinkers. They will be upfront with you if you are upfront with them. Jerk around with them the way he did.....they're coming after you. As he learned, the hardest way possible.

You're comparing apples and oranges, Joe. But we know liberals are allergic to facts. We understand this.

No, the only disparity is privilege..

It's why white folks like Rush Limbaugh and Cindy McCain get rehab and some poor black kid gets jail.

The disparity is one could earn you a misdemeanor or felony and the other could not. Facts, Joe. I know you don't understand those and prefer feeeeeellllings

Nothing to move on from.

Check your privilege.

My point?

That's the difference.

Very few people thought this Smollett case would come to much, even though a lot of us thought it was a hoax from very early on. I held out hope that it would be exposed, though, and it was because of the beat cops I thought that it might. I knew it would royally tick them off top to bottom. These seriously overworked cops DO NOT want some drama queen eating up their time and resources with drama queenery. Worse, they do not want him to get away with it....therefore, inviting more. When the leaks started, I saw this as the beat cops running an end game around the politico heads at the top.

Joe also does not understand that cops hate injustice. They are black and white, good and evil thinkers. They will be upfront with you if you are upfront with them. Jerk around with them the way he did.....they're coming after you. As he learned, the hardest way possible.

As you can see Joe is just making this about race.

Nothing to move on from.

Check your privilege.

My point?

That's the difference.

As you can see Joe is just making this about race.

Joe likes his feelings. "Touchy feely with the wind chimes"--Bill O'Reilly

the CPD has no business throwing hte book at anyone after it's bad conduct related to the Van Dyke case or Sgt. Watts who framed hundreds of people for fake drug charges.

Hopefully, the States Attorney will have the good sense to not escalate this against a celebrity defendant with deep pockets.

Forum List

Back