Jury convicts Chicago police officer of murder in 2014 of black man

what lie?

First that Laquan raised the knife. Never happened. The video clearly shows it never happened. Second. That Laquan turned and lunged towards Van Dyke. Again. Never happened. All the cops who said it did were busted for lying.

So if the cops did nothing wrong, why did they lie about it? I though if you had nothing to fear you had nothing to hide. Or does that only apply to non cops?
You were there huh?

I can read. You should try it. Or get someone to read it to you. I can watch the video. Just as the Majority White Jury did and reject the lies of Van Dyke.
Can you read it to me? I can type but I can't read.

I assumed you were using voice to text. I would say dictation software but I figured it would be a too obvious opening for your juvenile humor.
Don't think for a minute people can't see through your arrogance and pretense. Scum are scum and you are scum.

First that Laquan raised the knife. Never happened. The video clearly shows it never happened. Second. That Laquan turned and lunged towards Van Dyke. Again. Never happened. All the cops who said it did were busted for lying.

So if the cops did nothing wrong, why did they lie about it? I though if you had nothing to fear you had nothing to hide. Or does that only apply to non cops?
You were there huh?

I can read. You should try it. Or get someone to read it to you. I can watch the video. Just as the Majority White Jury did and reject the lies of Van Dyke.

I assumed you were using voice to text. I would say dictation software but I figured it would be a too obvious opening for your juvenile humor.
Don't think for a minute people can't see through your arrogance and pretense. Scum are scum and you are scum.

Because I prefer truth I am scum. Not surprising you haven’t yet explained why the conviction should be overturned. Just your fervent hope that cops can continue to enjoy their above the law mentality I suppose.

The times are changing. Police will be held accountable. I was afeared for my life is not going to be the automatic get out of jail free card anymore.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/08/us...-charged/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Apparently I am scum because I believe the law applies to all equally. I can live with that. Because when someone like you declares that I am scum because I believe in one law for all, that should be a point of pride.

Jury convicts Chicago police officer of murder in 2014

Van Dyke is the first Chicago police officer to face a murder charge for an on-duty incident in decades. His conviction could quell any possible unrest of the kind that has occurred in other cities in recent years when white officers have been cleared of charges in the shooting deaths of black men.

"This is historic for Chicago and police misconduct cases around the country. The jury did what they could with the evidence," said Reverend Janette Wilson of Rainbow PUSH Coalition, a Chicago-based civil rights organization.

Jury convicts Chicago police officer of murder in 2014 shooting of black teen
---------------------------------------------------------

LOL, finally.

I hope the threat of mob violence did not sway the jury.

You were there huh?

Because I prefer truth I am scum. Not surprising you haven’t yet explained why the conviction should be overturned. Just your fervent hope that cops can continue to enjoy their above the law mentality I suppose.

The times are changing. Police will be held accountable. I was afeared for my life is not going to be the automatic get out of jail free card anymore.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/08/us/pennsylvania-police-officer-charged/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Apparently I am scum because I believe the law applies to all equally. I can live with that. Because when someone like you declares that I am scum because I believe in one law for all, that should be a point of pride.
Quoting cnn makes you scum.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Choosing to engage in name-calling, instead of engaging in a mature adult conversation about SYSTEMIC Child Abuse, Penelope replied to Avery, "It's so obvious you hate blacks esp black women."

Hello, Penelope. In your opinion are these fellow citizens haters:

"I agree that SINGLE MOTHERS are DESTROYING their sons." ~Neko Cheri

___
"BLACK MOTHERS CORRUPTING THEIR DAUGHTER'S"
~LadyMocha

"Young Mothers Are Poisoning the black community"
~LadyMocha

___
"How black Women sabotage their sons" ~Law of Polaris -North Star-

"On the Couch #4: Black Women Ain't Shit...."
~jazzyslim2005

"Black women are destroying themselves and black men" ~BlacksUnited - Alexis Erika Published on Mar 7, 2014

Black women are destroying themselves and black men

Black American Men 'Take Control of Emotionally Troubled Women'

Black American Men 'Take Control of Emotionally Troubled Women'

"Oprah Winfrey 'Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

Oprah Winfrey "Fixing The Hole In Your Soul"

Penelope, I look forward to reading your intelligent reply.

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/08/us/pennsylvania-police-officer-charged/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

And here is he Fox News Report.

Jason Van Dyke trial: Chicago cop found guilty of second degree murder of Laquan McDonald

Van Dyke claimed he shot McDonald 16 times when the teen swung a knife at him. Grainy dash cam video — released 13 months later after a court order — showed McDonald holding a knife at the side of his body, about 15 feet away from VanDyke, and walking away from him and other officers who'd responded to a report that the youth was trying to break into vehicles. McDonald fell to the pavement less than two seconds after he was shot. Van Dyke continued shooting for another 12 seconds, emptying his 16-shot semiautomatic gun

Prosecutors, who rested their case Sept. 20, called the 2014 killing “completely unnecessary” and argued that race had been a factor in the brutal incident. They claimed that on the night McDonald was shot and killed, the only thing VanDyke saw was a “black boy walking down the street” who had the “audacity to ignore the police.”

Eury Patrick, the prosecution’s expert on deadly use of force by the police, testified that Van Dyke kept shooting “long beyond the point of being reasonable.”

“They’re not trained to just empty their gun,” Patrick said. “It’s not a knee-jerk reaction. They’re trained to shoot until the risk is ended.”

Now the defense expert tried to claim that the police had to shoot. But the jury didn’t buy it. Neither did I. 6 takeaways from the ninth day of testimony in the Jason Van Dyke trial

The Jury had one black person. One. All the defense had to do was convince one white person out of nine. Just one. That gets a mistrial, a doover. The defense couldn’t convince even one juror out of twelve, much less the 9 whites.

I admit, and have never pretended otherwise. Chicago is notoriously corrupt, and I expected it to be an acquittal. Not because Van Dyke was innocent, but because of the corruption.

Even the defense video which was a 3D computer rendition did not show Laquan doing what Van Dyke said he did. So what grounds for having the verdict overturned do you see?

Jason Van Dyke trial: Chicago cop found guilty of second degree murder of Laquan McDonald

Van Dyke claimed he shot McDonald 16 times when the teen swung a knife at him. Grainy dash cam video — released 13 months later after a court order — showed McDonald holding a knife at the side of his body, about 15 feet away from VanDyke, and walking away from him and other officers who'd responded to a report that the youth was trying to break into vehicles. McDonald fell to the pavement less than two seconds after he was shot. Van Dyke continued shooting for another 12 seconds, emptying his 16-shot semiautomatic gun

Prosecutors, who rested their case Sept. 20, called the 2014 killing “completely unnecessary” and argued that race had been a factor in the brutal incident. They claimed that on the night McDonald was shot and killed, the only thing VanDyke saw was a “black boy walking down the street” who had the “audacity to ignore the police.”

Eury Patrick, the prosecution’s expert on deadly use of force by the police, testified that Van Dyke kept shooting “long beyond the point of being reasonable.”

“They’re not trained to just empty their gun,” Patrick said. “It’s not a knee-jerk reaction. They’re trained to shoot until the risk is ended.”

Now the defense expert tried to claim that the police had to shoot. But the jury didn’t buy it. Neither did I. 6 takeaways from the ninth day of testimony in the Jason Van Dyke trial

The Jury had one black person. One. All the defense had to do was convince one white person out of nine. Just one. That gets a mistrial, a doover. The defense couldn’t convince even one juror out of twelve, much less the 9 whites.

I admit, and have never pretended otherwise. Chicago is notoriously corrupt, and I expected it to be an acquittal. Not because Van Dyke was innocent, but because of the corruption.

Even the defense video which was a 3D computer rendition did not show Laquan doing what Van Dyke said he did. So what grounds for having the verdict overturned do you see?
miketx is just another feral simian He wants this dude to get off because he is afraid of Black people and this guy is his hero.

Jury convicts Chicago police officer of murder in 2014

Van Dyke is the first Chicago police officer to face a murder charge for an on-duty incident in decades. His conviction could quell any possible unrest of the kind that has occurred in other cities in recent years when white officers have been cleared of charges in the shooting deaths of black men.

"This is historic for Chicago and police misconduct cases around the country. The jury did what they could with the evidence," said Reverend Janette Wilson of Rainbow PUSH Coalition, a Chicago-based civil rights organization.

Jury convicts Chicago police officer of murder in 2014 shooting of black teen
---------------------------------------------------------

LOL, finally.
No shit. Actually it's typical for the attorneys, of murder suspects who are likely to lose, to draw out the case for as long as they can. Over 2 years isn't atypical when the defendant can pay.

miketx is just another feral simian He wants this dude to get off because he is afraid of Black people and this guy is his hero.

Oh I know Miketx. He likes to show up and toss out a single sentence reply and then when you put him in a position where he has to explain why he thinks something he rushes off and pretends he won something other than the Booby Prize.

In this thread he stated that the conviction would be overturned on appeal. When asked why he refused to answer as usual, and instead calls anyone who disagrees with him names.

I’ve seen kindergarten kids argue a point that well. The First says “No it is not stupid.” The second screams “You are a poopie head.”

Most of us grow out of that. Usually by the third grade. Even for the slightly slower learners. A very few of us never do grow out of it even as the insults take advantage of the newly learned swear words.

At least he has stopped calling everyone who disagrees with him a Troll. I’m assuming someone explained what an internet Troll is. That may be all he can learn for the next year, but hope springs eternal.

Oh I know Miketx. He likes to show up and toss out a single sentence reply and then when you put him in a position where he has to explain why he thinks something he rushes off and pretends he won something other than the Booby Prize.

In this thread he stated that the conviction would be overturned on appeal. When asked why he refused to answer as usual, and instead calls anyone who disagrees with him names.

I’ve seen kindergarten kids argue a point that well. The First says “No it is not stupid.” The second screams “You are a poopie head.”

Most of us grow out of that. Usually by the third grade. Even for the slightly slower learners. A very few of us never do grow out of it even as the insults take advantage of the newly learned swear words.

At least he has stopped calling everyone who disagrees with him a Troll. I’m assuming someone explained what an internet Troll is. That may be all he can learn for the next year, but hope springs eternal.
That's not true, troll. I'm like Calvin Coolidge, a man of few words. Why blubber and blabber like you trolls do?

That's not true, troll. I'm like Calvin Coolidge, a man of few words. Why blubber and blabber like you trolls do?

I was mistaken. Obviously no one has told Miketx what Internet Troll means. Well hope continues to exist.

Hey Mike. Here are a couple videos for you to watch. This way you can see what a lot of people are thinking.

Now one question. What grounds do you think will lead to the appeal?

Hey Mike. Here are a couple videos for you to watch. This way you can see what a lot of people are thinking.

Those only show what libstain morons think.

Those only show what libstain morons think.

Well the PBS one described what the Jury thought and why they found him guilty. I can see where you wouldn’t care about that.

Here you go, with a news report on the “Defense” expert and his 3D Computer Generated video. And all the things left out, and how it really doesn’t help Van Dyke at all.

Even if you accept that video and version of events, which is contradicted by the testimony of the officers who were fired for lying, and now facing prosecution they’re telling the truth, barely. Even if you accept that video as gospel, it does not show the across the body lunge knife move, nor the lunge that Van Dyke claimed happened.

So what is the basis of the appeal other than a White Man should not go to prison for killing a Black Man? Because when you strip away all the nonsense and look at the evidence, that’s pretty much all you’re left with isn’t it?

No it's not.

Ok. So what is the basis for your belief that the conviction will be overturned on appeal?
Because they guy was a threat.

Then you should have watched the PBS news clip that I posted after all. You see, the Jury considered that, and decided that there were arguments against his actions. First, once Laquan was on the ground, there was no reason to shoot him eleven more times. Any threat that may have existed, had ended. Second, Van Dyke’s testimony was considered unreliable. Why? He lied. You see, it’s hard to believe a liar. Once you’ve been caught in a lie, it’s hard to get someone to believe you on anything else. See boy who cried wolf.

Third, even the Prosecution’s 3D video did not show any aggressive move by Laquan to be a threat. Other officers testified that Laquan did not threaten them, and they saw no threat. Of course, that testimony was found after the cops realized the video had caught it all, and the lie wasn’t going to work anymore.

So if Van Dyke Lied about the actions that he claimed justified his use of force, that is to say the shooting, why was it justified? What threat did Laquan present that necessitated shooting? The Jury ruled out Murder One because of two reasons, you would be more informed again if you had watched the video I posted from PBS. But your mind, such as it is, is made up.

Your argument was considered in the original trial, and rejected. Why will it be more convincing to the Appeals Court that tends to go with Jury Verdicts whenever possible unless there is a procedural error that negates the decision?

No it's not.

Ok. So what is the basis for your belief that the conviction will be overturned on appeal?

Then you should have watched the PBS news clip that I posted after all. You see, the Jury considered that, and decided that there were arguments against his actions. First, once Laquan was on the ground, there was no reason to shoot him eleven more times. Any threat that may have existed, had ended. Second, Van Dyke’s testimony was considered unreliable. Why? He lied. You see, it’s hard to believe a liar. Once you’ve been caught in a lie, it’s hard to get someone to believe you on anything else. See boy who cried wolf.

Third, even the Prosecution’s 3D video did not show any aggressive move by Laquan to be a threat. Other officers testified that Laquan did not threaten them, and they saw no threat. Of course, that testimony was found after the cops realized the video had caught it all, and the lie wasn’t going to work anymore.

So if Van Dyke Lied about the actions that he claimed justified his use of force, that is to say the shooting, why was it justified? What threat did Laquan present that necessitated shooting? The Jury ruled out Murder One because of two reasons, you would be more informed again if you had watched the video I posted from PBS. But your mind, such as it is, is made up.

Your argument was considered in the original trial, and rejected. Why will it be more convincing to the Appeals Court that tends to go with Jury Verdicts whenever possible unless there is a procedural error that negates the decision?
PBS are liberal pukes.

No it's not.

PBS are liberal pukes.

They interviewed the jury members. If you had watched it you might not make such stupid arguments and predictions.

Ok. Probably you would. Since the He was a threat argument was presented, unsupported by evidence, and rejected. What else do you have as a reason to overturn the conviction?

Forum List

Back