jupiter: the scariest planet in our solar system

In my esteemed, learned opinion, the scariest planet in our solar system is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
Listen to its electromagnetic vibrations that have been converted into pseudo sounds, and see if you agree:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fqE01YYWs]"sounds" of the planet jupiter[/ame]

This is an old video posted on YouTube seven years ago. And I've little doubt that most of us have long since seen (or, well, heard) it before.

But I am starting this thread for those of us who have not.

Jupiter: don't ever—never, ever—go there on a ship called the Event Horizon.

Wow. I never heard it before or seen it on youtube. Fascinating..and spooky!

I'd say Venus is as it is
-800+ degree's
-900 earth atmospheres in pressure
-acid rain

And all kinds of jam-packed with supervolcanoes that make it smell like sulfur. :ack-1:

Matthew said:
We all know jupiter is a gas giant, but Venus just shouldn't be this way!

And the fact that it has no moon makes me want to agree with you.

In fact, it really seems to me like a more evil twin of this frick'n utterly despicable lowlife right here:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAKXaUMZpOc]"sounds" of jupiter's moon io[/ame]

But those infinite storms on Jupiter which boast 1100 to 1600 kilometers per hour (or 700 to 1000 miles per hour) winds, combined with its hellish pressure make me vote it as the scariest.

-800+ degree's
-acid rain

Why not? It is after all DIFFERENT planet!:lol::lol: That being said I would say that Uranus is more imposing. Super cold, axial tilt of 98 degrees, magnetic field that is tilted 60 degrees off from the rotational axis.....

Yeah, give me some of that!

Gotta be Mars. Didn't you guys see Angry Red Planet or any of those other movies where Mars is a bad ass planet?

Yep. And Total Recall, and a whole buncha vintage and more contemporary Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits episodes with kinda corny props and special effects.

But aside from its infinitesimal supply of water and its lack of oxygen, Mars doesn't give me bad dreams.

Jupiter, on the other hand: wow. Just. Wow.

That place is IMHO pretty much the quintessential horror story.

Gotta be Mars. Didn't you guys see Angry Red Planet or any of those other movies where Mars is a bad ass planet?

Yep. And Total Recall, and a whole buncha vintage and more contemporary Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits episodes with kinda corny props and special effects.

But aside from its infinitesimal supply of water and its lack of oxygen, Mars doesn't give me bad dreams.

Jupiter, on the other hand: wow. Just. Wow.

That place is IMHO pretty much the quintessential horror story.
I'll be sure not to go there.

-800+ degree's
-acid rain

Why not? It is after all DIFFERENT planet!:lol::lol: That being said I would say that Uranus is more imposing. Super cold, axial tilt of 98 degrees, magnetic field that is tilted 60 degrees off from the rotational axis.....

And with that, heck, we may as well go ahead and throw this puppy into the mix, too — fun juvenile sexual puns notwithstanding :badgrin:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Ngl2RY8sA]"sounds" of the planet uranus[/ame]

Indeed, Uranus is one seriously scary mother.

-800+ degree's
-acid rain

And with that, heck, we may as well go ahead and throw this puppy into the mix, too — fun juvenile sexual puns notwithstanding :badgrin:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Ngl2RY8sA]"sounds" of the planet uranus[/ame]

Indeed, Uranus is one seriously scary mother.
I hear it has a lot of Klingons.

Unless one of them is coming at us none of them are scary.

Ahhh, yes: dear Politico, the final poll option.

So, if the technology were available to say, travel through a planetary wormhole which would enable you to get there quickly, and you had the capital and the will to take your family to vacation on Jupiter for a week, would you do it?

Bet you sure as shinola wouldn't.

Just sayin'.

It keeps the solar system's hemorrhoids in check bra. Without the giant gas bubble the solar system would poop asteroids all day.

So, if the technology were available to say, travel through a planetary wormhole which would enable you to get there quickly, and you had the capital and the will to take your family to vacation on Jupiter for a week, would you do it?

Just sayin'.

Hmm yes I would certainly pay to get off this useless rock. That Is not the point. If the fantasy tech that none of us will ever see were available I will be glad to discuss it. Let me know when it exists.

Just sayin'.

Hmm yes I would certainly pay to get off this useless rock. That Is not the point. If the fantasy tech that none of us will ever see were available I will be glad to discuss it. Let me know when it exists.

The technology that we need to take us to jupiter is probably only 30 years away, actually.

Listen to its electromagnetic vibrations that have been converted into pseudo sounds, and see if you agree:

"sounds" of the planet jupiter

This is an old video posted on YouTube seven years ago. And I've little doubt that most of us have long since seen (or, well, heard) it before.

Without Jupiter's immense gravity well, Earth, or at least life on Earth, wouldn't exist since we'd be getting struck by asteroids and comets sucked into Jupiter instead.

Scariest planet imo is Mars. Used to be just like Earth they say. Oh good, so does that mean that's our future?

I can't remember if it was the "sounds" of Saturn or Jupiter, but this one time during college I invited an aquaintence over to get to know him. He had never smoked weed before, lol. I got him super blazed for the first time and played those sounds on my surround sound system.

Dude.

He got freaked the fuck out! He started trippin! He said he saw my ring lift up off the table and start spinning, then he "started seeing living shadows". He eventually got so freaked out that he left, despite my insisting that he remain. He hauled ass home on foot and didn't go anywhere for three days, not even work or class!

When I saw him again, he said that a "demon followed him home", this shadowy figure that he found so shocking and frightening that he did his best not to crawl out of bed for three days.

Now.

I know I was smoking some good, high grade Las Vegas bud. But damn! This was weed! THC, not Shrooms or LSD! What the fuck!

I blame it on those Saturn or Jupiter "sounds". Personally I found them nice to have on during meditation.

The funniest thing was though, was that this dude was that "tough and brutal" type. Lmao not on THC.... hahaha.

I can only imagine him on Shrooms. Or Acid!

Last edited:

I can't remember if it was the "sounds" of Saturn or Jupiter, but this one time during college I invited an aquaintence over to get to know him. He had never smoked weed before, lol. I got him super blazed for the first time and played those sounds on my surround sound system.

Dude.

He got freaked the fuck out! He started trippin! He said he saw my ring lift up off the table and start spinning, then he "started seeing living shadows". He eventually got so freaked out that he left, despite my insisting that he remain. He hauled ass home on foot and didn't go anywhere for three days, not even work or class!

When I saw him again, he said that a "demon followed him home", this shadowy figure that he found so shocking and frightening that he did his best not to crawl out of bed for three days.

Now.

I know I was smoking some good, high grade Las Vegas bud. But damn! This was weed! THC, not Shrooms or LSD! What the fuck!

I blame it on those Saturn or Jupiter "sounds". Personally I found them nice to have on during meditation.

The funniest thing was though, was that this dude was that "tough and brutal" type. Lmao not on THC.... hahaha.

I can only imagine him on Shrooms. Or Acid!

Given that he was coming from your place, there prolly was a demon following him home. :FIREdevil:

Just sayin'.

Jupiter, size. She explodes, well.......................................

Forum List

Back