Junk Science Returns to the White House

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toomuchtime_, Nov 2, 2009.

1. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    RealClearMarkets - Junk Science Returns to the White House

2. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,840
    Good information. This general discussion was held last week. I was told it was the egg manufacturer's fault. One of the funniest and sadest points of the week.

3. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    Egg manufacturers? Obama's blaming it on the chickens?

As the number of dead children continues to rise, voters are going to want to blame some one, just as they did as the full horror of Katrina sank in, and if the Obama administration seems to have made politically motivated decisions that contributed to the shortage of vaccine, and thus to more dead children, or if the WH appears not to have exercised due diligence in overseeing the process, it could bring about a tipping point in voter approval that costs the Dems control of the House and their super majority in the Senate next year and that denies Obama the Dem nomination in 2012.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Global Warming = The World's Largest Doomsday Cult. Carbon Dioxide really wont be the death of us all. Shame on the Global Warming fanatics and their hysterical fear mongering.

5. Polk

Polk Classic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +569
    1. You're making the assumption (without evidence) that the vaccine was produced in single-dose form due to lower thimerosal content.

2. The hottest year on record was eleven years ago according to some sources (others say 2005 was hotter). In any even, we're still in the middle of a huge warming trend. And yes, the models can explain why.

3. Ethanol is a huge waste, but as long as Iowa remains such a bellwether state, neither party is going to shoot themselves in the face by cutting the subsidies.

6. ayiakri

ayiakri Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    :clap2::clap2:

(and I'd add that, according to NASA, "The ten warmest years all occur within the 12-year period 1997-2008" - from data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2008/ )

7. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yes but what is a "Warming Trend?" It seems like the goal posts keep getting moved on that one. What amount of time makes up a "Trend?" It seems that our Society has become so hyper-sensitive and prone to panic & fear mongering. The study of Climate really isn't an exact Science like so many like to claim it is. It really is incredibly complicated. They need to better define the word "Trend" in my opinion. Accurate records of Climate Change have only been possible in recent times. The rest of the studies before recent times are only based on opinion & conjecture. In the end much more needs to be studied before we engage in all this hysterical fear mongering. The Global Warming Fanatics have simply jumped the gun with all their panic and fear mongering in my opinion. The Sun is the more likely cause of any significant climate change. Carbon Dioxide is not nearly the Boogeyman it has been made out to be. Less pollution is a good and i think most people agree on that but there really is no need for all this panic stuff. Hey just my take anyway.

8. Polk

Polk Classic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Take it up with the hard data:

9. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    I don't even need to do any research on this because I was a kid when treaties were signed to stop hunting the polar bears, get this, "50 years ago".

So the population is 5 times larger because people stopped hunting them (Super frigging DUH!). I bet the last 10 years has seen a decline of polar bears with the disappearance of the "sea ice", their natural hunting grounds.

I remember when it was said the population was less than 5,000 because of over hunting, yea, 50 years ago.

10. Polk

Polk Classic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Well, there goes another talking point sunk.