June 2014: 10th Circuit Extends the Halt on Gay Marriage in Utah

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
June 5, 2014 - 8:34 PM SALT LAKE CITY (AP) —
More than 1,000 couples who rushed to wed after a judge overturned Utah's gay marriage ban will have to keep waiting for many of the legal benefits of being married following an appeals court decision Thursday.

The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals granted Utah's request to delay the implementation of a ruling that ordered state officials to start recognizing the marriages next week.
Recognition of Utah gay marriages to stay on hold | CNS News

Whereas by June 12, 2014 Utah would have had to start recognizing LGBT marriages, the 10th circuit court of appeals extended the stay.

After a rather difficult search, I came up with the blurb above. Several of the other websites who reported on this incident came up with "page missing" or "error" messages. ie: someone is squelching the release of this report. After all, the LGBT propaganda machine can't really pull off the fake it till you make it mantra "we've already won so just lie down and take it" if there are signs they may not be able to force their new and strange "marriages" on an unwilling citizenry.

And the 10th extending the stay on gay marriage is not the rosiest of omens for how it ultimately will be deciding if you're one of the people seeking to tell Utahans they have no say in the matter.

Perhaps the 10th got a whiff of the false premise used so successfully to win all these advances in the courts? http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...wins-gay-legal-challenges-simple-as-that.html

Many studies [over 300 of them] cited in the OP of that thread lay in cement that homosexuality is a learned deviant sexual affect. As such, it is a behavior. Which legally is a crucial distinction as it turns out. Behaviors are regulated by the majority and if just some that are objectionable to the majority are allowed to dictate to the majority...turns out we no longer have a democracy.

Once the "LGBT" incomplete behavioral grouping gets to dictate to the majority, the courts may not arbitrarily discriminate against other behavioral minorities. Based on what? That the majority rejects them?

You can see the problem legally...

Last edited:
Here are some:

Item Not Found

« Return to the Previous Page

The item you've requested, http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Gay-couples-ask-appeals-court-to-reject-Utah-stay-5534605.php, was not found.

Gay Couples Ask Appeals Court to Reject Utah Stay - ABC News

abcnews.go.com/…eStory/gay-couples-appeals-court...

Gay Couples Ask Appeals Court to Reject Utah Stay. Now; ... 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals granted Utah's request ... Unions, Gay Marriage, Supreme Court ..

...takes you to "http://abcnews.go.com/US" instead: a page that refers not at all to the stay on gay marriages in Utah

Misrepresent what happened all you want, Sil, those of us who are better informed or more objective know what it happened.

Sotomayor wants the appeal in Washington so she and her majority will put an end to the fight against marriage equality for all time.

This can easily wait until next term.

Misrepresent what happened all you want, Sil, those of us who are better informed or more objective know what it happened.

Sotomayor wants the appeal in Washington so she and her majority will put an end to the fight against marriage equality for all time.

sotomayor has nothing to do with this you ignorant tool

You're that sure of Kennedy's support eh? He's a weird one. Fickle. He always likes to keep people guessing. Wouldn't hang my hat on him just yet. After all, can you imagine being the swing vote on a brand new precedent that allows just some minority behaviors to dictate to the majority that objects to them "how it's gonna be!"? That's the same as making a cult the rulers of the People. I can look back in history and point out an example or three of how that didn't work out so good.

There's the end to American law right there. Pretty sure Kennedy is going to put on his thinking cap and look waaaaaaaaaaaayy out into the future on the longterm ramifications of that one: http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...wins-gay-legal-challenges-simple-as-that.html

Last edited:
I was hoping people would comment on the prognosis for "gay marriage" at the 10th circuit level now that the 10th has extended the stay on it?

It's the right decision. There is much to learn before we as a society give this stuff the thumbs up. If we ever should, my opinion is no. There is no benefit but to the hedonists involved. Usually kids end up having serious issues growing up in these environments.

This cannot be handled all willy-nilly. Folks have to consider the issue seriously, ignore mass media propaganda, think for yourselves.

It's the right decision. There is much to learn before we as a society give this stuff the thumbs up. If we ever should, my opinion is no. There is no benefit but to the hedonists involved. Usually kids end up having serious issues growing up in these environments.

This cannot be handled all willy-nilly. Folks have to consider the issue seriously, ignore mass media propaganda, think for yourselves.

That's what the court has to do: it has to ignore mass media and the smoke and mirrors of the LGBT cult push to normalize their religion via forcing the majority to accept their sexual practices as "legit". They're particularly keen to force this perception into the minds of children. And this is particularly troubling when you consider my signature below...

...The 10th undoubtedly is snagged right now weighing the rights of a cult of behaviors vs the rights of orphans in Utah and Oklahoma to be protected from people whose value system includes public sober displays of lewdness in front of kids, as well as a messiah who sodomized minor teens on drugs he plucked off the streets while officiating as "their father figure/guardian" [Harvey Milk].

Can you imagine being one of that panel on the 10th thinking about allowing a green light for adoption in Utah to gay men who just the day before were posing ass-up in public with a rainbow-speedo on in a "do-me" pose, crouched in filth on the street...who the next day march into an adoption agency with the full blessing of your decision to force that agency to adopt kids to them?

That would snag me up for sure. I'd want an infinite delay in granting these people access to orphans. At least while they delay, they've continued the halt not just on the illegal marriages performed in Utah, but also a halt on adoption agencies in Utah adopting orphans to them.

gaymidwestparadejpg_zpse239f00e.jpg

I wouldn't get too excited, bigots. A decision hasn't even been made yet.

The Denver-based judges gave the four same-sex couples who sued Utah until next Thursday to file papers laying out why the order should be implemented. The court must next choose whether to lift or extend the temporary stay.

And when it goes to the SC, gay marriage will win yet again, and for good. See you then. Have fun pretending you stand a chance .

Married Same Sex Couples Receive Federal Benefits

The newly expanded benefits allow people in a same-sex marriage to take time off from work to care for their spouses. The Labor Department will install nationwide rules to handle those workers' claims.

And after the appeal those benefits will be extended to the good people of Utah :thup:

Married Same Sex Couples Receive Federal Benefits

The newly expanded benefits allow people in a same-sex marriage to take time off from work to care for their spouses. The Labor Department will install nationwide rules to handle those workers' claims.

And after the appeal those benefits will be extended to the good people of Utah :thup:

So you're 100% certain, in spite of the 10th issuing an extension on the stay, that these hearings on the rights of states to define marriage are "mere formality" and you believe that in the next year or so all 50 states will have to allow gay marriage?

Well, I hope you step carefully with that basket you're holding with all your eggs in it.

If I were you, I'd start planning for Plan B. And that would be, petitioning each state one by one to gain their approval for the behaviors "LGBT" and of course, polygamy too since you cannot arbitrarily exclude other disagreeable behaviors to the majority. Hopefully you can convince all 50 states' voters that what you're selling is a good buy.

And, with all that baggage tying your ilk so closely to child predators, good luck!

So you're 100% certain, in spite of the 10th issuing an extension on the stay, that these hearings on the rights of states to define marriage are "mere formality" and you believe that in the next year or so all 50 states will have to allow gay marriage?

Nah I think it'll take like 5 years. :thup:

Wait a minute. Why 5 years? The US Supreme Court is likely to hear all these appeals next year. Are you saying you'll have to get the US Supreme Court to overturn its own ruling in the four years that follow next year?

So I guess you HAVE read Windsor and realize it affirms states' rights to weigh in via consensus on so-called "gay marriage"? Good. At least now you're being realistic.

And if you mean to say that it will only take 5 years to convince all 50 states that sexual exhibitionists should gain legal access via marriage to adoptable orphans, I say again "good luck". You're going to need it.. If they are near naked and dry-humping on the streets, anyday, anytime, as a sober matter of "pride", an adoption agent's mind might run wild with all the possibilities going on behind closed doors..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back