July 27, The Anniversary Of The House Beginning Impeachment Of Nixon

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

Today is the anniversary of the day in1974 when the House Judiciary Committee voted to recommend that President Richard M. Nixon be impeached and removed from office for obstruction of justice.

The day before this important anniversary, a report in the Wall Street Journal tells us Allen Wesselberg has been subpoenaed to testify before a Federal grand Jury. Wesselberg has handled personal financial matters for the idiot trump and has worked for the trump organization for decades. He, better than anyone in the organization, knows where all the bodies are buried. So far, his loyalty has been unquestionable.

The Wesselberg subpoena was issued after his name was mentioned on one of the “Cohen Tapes” when Cohen said "we'll have to pay" to purchase the rights to McDougal's story. Audio forensics experts reviewing the tape concluded the idiot trump then responded with, "I'll pay with cash," to which Cohen immediately replied, "no, no, no," several times, appearing to reject the idea of paying with cash. Cohen went onto explain, “I’ve spoken to Allen Weisselberg about how to set the whole thing up,” Cohen tells Trump. “So, I’m all over that. And, I spoke to Allen about it.”

With Wesselberg set to testify, Mitch McConnell had better get his a$$ in gear and get Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as the next Supreme Court Justice. McConnell knows full well that Kavanaugh is the idiot trump's “get-out-of-jail-free card”, so he had better quit dragging his feet.

Less than an hour after the idiot trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, Yale Law School issued a press release praising their alumnus, Kavanaugh, in superlative language.

“Yale Law’s Dean, Heather Gerken, offered this breathless praise: ‘I have known Brett Kavanaugh for many years. I can personally attest that, in addition to his government and judicial service, Judge Kavanaugh has been a longtime friend to many of us in the Yale Law School community. Ever since I joined the faculty, I have admired him for serving as a teacher and mentor to our students and for hiring a diverse set of clerks, in all respects, during his time on the court.’ ”

However, nearly 1000 Yale Law Students, Alumni, and Educators Regarding Brett Kavanaugh signed and open letter (additional signatories will be added regularly), which included statements that they are, “ashamed of our alma mater" for its glowing recommendation of Kavanaugh, and that he is an “intellectually and morally bankrupt ideologue intent on rolling back our rights and the rights of our clients.”

The letter listed many other instances proving Kavanaugh would be a serious detriment to our democratic system. All of which will help convince any Republican Senator on the fence over Kavanaugh’s confirmation, that he is the perfect choice to protect the corruption and thievery rampant in the GOP controlled executive and and legislative branches of our government.

Giving control of the Judicial branch to the Republicans as well, the GOP would win the federal trifecta, permitting the 0.1% and Big Business to run amok for decades.

Of course, conservatives consider being subservient to the whims of an oligarchy as “winning”, but that can only last so long. The next step for the ruling class will be to end Second Amendment protections (along with all other constitutional laws). Because permitting guns in the hands of the peasants (and yes, that includes the loyal right wing racists) has become dangerous to the new order.

Trump Organisation's top official Allen Weisselberg to testify over Michael Cohen's leaked recordings

Yale students and alumni blast law school for praising Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s choice for Supreme Court

32077699_206473536748516_6363187009019707392_n.jpg

That seemed very therapeutic... good for you... :)

230lbw.jpg

Stalin on liberal Democrats..

11063635_10204541453476412_5989068899810593492_n.jpg

Forum List

Back