Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates to Submit Tax Returns

the way to get around having to show your tax returns is to sue Congress - fuck the voters

Analysts say most Americans want to see Trump's tax returns
Congress has no right to his tax returns, so your claim is patently false.

you do know Trump is suing Congress dont you ?

If Trump is kept off a ballot, he can indeed sue.
The voters can also sue, moron.

When they are denied. They have no been yet.
:laughing0301:

So, they have to wait until AFTER they have been fucked over and there is nothing the court can do, BEFORE they sue.

You need to take your ass back to law school.

the way to get around having to show your tax returns is to sue Congress - fuck the voters

ROFL! Only an idiot believes they aren't being denied until we have an election.

I'm not sure this will work because of "standing". It may have to be a candidate that gets disqualified.

Not saying this is fact, just a possibility.

Thats possible. But considering that various "groups" challenge various laws successfully all the time, I think this will work.

It might. If you read my reply it says it was possible. But sheesh, the jumping off a cliffs here.

he is even if he's still on the ballot -

Trump Sues House Panel, New York Officials to Protect State Tax Returns

He can do that. He will likely IMO win.
And the voters of California will win their lawsuit for the same exact reason.

So, they have to wait until AFTER they have been fucked over and there is nothing the court can do, BEFORE they sue.

No, the elections and the candidates are determined long before there are elections. The GOP hasn't even officially picked a candidate. If they pick one and California says "No" then there would be grounds for a lawsuit.

No, the elections and the candidates are determined long before there are elections. The GOP hasn't even officially picked a candidate. If they pick one and California says "No" then there would be grounds for a lawsuit.
They are already saying "no," you idiot.

he is even if he's still on the ballot -

Trump Sues House Panel, New York Officials to Protect State Tax Returns

He can do that. He will likely IMO win.
And the voters of California will win their lawsuit for the same exact reason.

Once there has been harm. You think I am arguing they wouldn't win. I think they will. My only statement was that there has to be actual harm and only those harmed can file a lawsuit. At this point that has not happened.

Wrong again. If a candidate may be excluded from the ballot, they don't have to wait until after they ballots are printed (waste) and THEN complain.

You're out of your element here, Donny.

They are already saying "no," you idiot.

I won't reply to those who reply as if they are 12.

It may not make it through the courts, and may be dismissed, because those suing are not harmed??? AND because according to the constitution, aren't States given the power to set the parameters/rules of their own elections???
Of course they are harmed. They are being prevented from voting for the candidate of their choice because of some arbitrary whim of the state government.

That happened in 39 states last election for every one that wanted to vote for Evan McMullen
He was kept off the ballot because he didn't follow the prescribe procedure for getting on the ballot.

Which would be the case in Cali also.
This criteria is not of the same category as "you didn't get the required number of signatures on your application." This is of the nature of "your skin is the wrong color" or "you don't own any property."

That is your opinion. We will see if the courts agree.

I do not agree, I cannot chose to change my skin color, but I could agree to show my taxes

Wrong again. If a candidate may be excluded from the ballot, they don't have to wait until after they ballots are printed (waste) and THEN complain.

You're out of your element here, Donny.

Not what I said.

I knew that was going to happen. If states can't impose term limits on members of Congress, then they can't require them to submit tax returns. The Petulant Dims believe that just because they whine about something, that means they are going to get it.

Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates Appearing on Primary Ballot to Disclose Tax Returns - Judicial Watch

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of four California voters to prevent the California secretary of state from implementing a new state law requiring all presidential candidates who wish to appear on California’s primary ballot to publicly disclose their personal tax returns from the past fPoliticsive years ( Jerry Griffin et al. v. Alex Padilla (No. 2:19-cv-01477). The suit alleges that the law unconstitutionally adds a new qualification for candidates for president. Judicial Watch’s clients include a registered Independent, Republican, and Democrat California voter.
It has been tradition for that public office.

I knew that was going to happen. If states can't impose term limits on members of Congress, then they can't require them to submit tax returns. The Petulant Dims believe that just because they whine about something, that means they are going to get it.

Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates Appearing on Primary Ballot to Disclose Tax Returns - Judicial Watch

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of four California voters to prevent the California secretary of state from implementing a new state law requiring all presidential candidates who wish to appear on California’s primary ballot to publicly disclose their personal tax returns from the past fPoliticsive years ( Jerry Griffin et al. v. Alex Padilla (No. 2:19-cv-01477). The suit alleges that the law unconstitutionally adds a new qualification for candidates for president. Judicial Watch’s clients include a registered Independent, Republican, and Democrat California voter.

The Democratic Party's relentless lawlessness, corruption, abuse of power, propaganda and hate mongering is a threat to our democracy*.

bidenisdumberthanarocksdfsdkfsdhf.jpg

Of course they are harmed. They are being prevented from voting for the candidate of their choice because of some arbitrary whim of the state government.

That happened in 39 states last election for every one that wanted to vote for Evan McMullen
He was kept off the ballot because he didn't follow the prescribe procedure for getting on the ballot.

Which would be the case in Cali also.
This criteria is not of the same category as "you didn't get the required number of signatures on your application." This is of the nature of "your skin is the wrong color" or "you don't own any property."

That is your opinion. We will see if the courts agree.

I do not agree, I cannot chose to change my skin color, but I could agree to show my taxes
Yeah, we'll see on the substance.

This dude is arguing procedure, and he clearly ain't know shit.

Feds don't require tax returns in a Fed election.
Legally, there should be no way a state can disenfranchise their voters in a Federal election; unless state's rights now supersede Federal law/requirements.
And if that's the case, then Civil War 2.0 is a foregone conclusion.
which federal law and which requirements?

I think all Red States should require candidates to disclose all places of faith attended in the last 10 years, including dates. As well as disclosure of what TV shows and movies watched in the last 10 years. And what their sexiest clothing they’ve ever worn is.

This law will get tossed by the courts state law does not overrule federal law and there is no federal law requiring one to release their tax returns as a requirement to run for President.

I don't think it will stand but there is no requirement that a candidate get X amount of signatures either but that is how it works.

This law will get tossed by the courts state law does not overrule federal law and there is no federal law requiring one to release their tax returns as a requirement to run for President.
The argument they are going to try and make is that it is an application requirement of some sort. The CLEAR political motivation behind the requirement is likely going to be the deciding factor.

Forum List

Back