Judicial Watch files Open Records Lawsuits on Sanctuary Cities

Key words: If arrested...reported to ICE.

Also, the Arizona law makes it a criminal state offense...it is in no way the same thing as California is doing. A state is not within its rights to have the police make me prove my citizenship simply because they've pulled me over for a traffic infraction.

A travel infraction? Like driving without a license or using a stolen one? Here in NJ, you can serve up to 60 days in jail. AZ does not provide licenses to illegals, so in the case of a a "travel infraction" asking for documentation is not only legal; it is necessary. Lotsa drunks without licenses ya know?
No, like speeding or running a stop sign...something that almost everyone on earth is guilty of on occassion.

Well now that the portion of SB-1070 that requires you prove citizenship has been stayed yet another argument on SB-1070 is mute. I'm frankly surprised that the same people who seem to be upset over this, are not upset over ICE "Secure Communites " program. So please do continue to support people who traffic in human beings, drugs and murder along the border rather than advocate for laws that actually end all this once and for all.
I don't particularly like the Secure Communities program, it has a few flaws. But it is up to the states to decide if they want to participate.

And no one is supporting people that traffic in humans, drugs or murder.

:cuckoo:

If they don't support those sorts of things, then why advocate for open borders and show indignation over a states attempt to enforce laws that the Federal Govt. will not ? It's very simple, when anyone advocates for open borders or not enforcing immigration laws even if they are not aware of it, they are supporting the same people who traffic in human beings, the cartels that run the drug trade and the murder that is associated with it.

Um Ravi - last I checked, cops need to ask for license and registration when a person is stopped for running a stop sign or speeding. Care to expound on why someone would be exempt from supplying it?

Oh and Judicial Watch files Open Records suits nationwide. They must have standing.

Well now that the portion of SB-1070 that requires you prove citizenship has been stayed yet another argument on SB-1070 is mute. I'm frankly surprised that the same people who seem to be upset over this, are not upset over ICE "Secure Communites " program. So please do continue to support people who traffic in human beings, drugs and murder along the border rather than advocate for laws that actually end all this once and for all.
I don't particularly like the Secure Communities program, it has a few flaws. But it is up to the states to decide if they want to participate.

If they don't support those sorts of things, then why advocate for open borders and show indignation over a states attempt to enforce laws that the Federal Govt. will not ? It's very simple, when anyone advocates for open borders or not enforcing immigration laws even if they are not aware of it, they are supporting the same people who traffic in human beings, the cartels that run the drug trade and the murder that is associated with it.
Wrong. Some of us don't wish to be forced to carry identity papers. It's really that simple.

Much better to enforce the laws against smuggling, drugs and people, and murder.

Why doesn't Brewer do something about that? Her NG could help her with all of it, legally. Alternatively she could decriminalize marijuana and cut down on a lot of the drug trafficking.

Forcing me to prove to the cops that I'm a citizen isn't a state right.

When BO is too busy campaigning and vacationing and when BO's Administration would rather turn their back to enforcing our immigration laws and fixing the problem, then guess what, it is the states' right. Our federal government is asleep at the wheel, and our states are coming together as one to fix the problem. Oh, at the voters will fix the problem in less than 100 days.

Wrong. Some of us don't wish to be forced to carry identity papers. It's really that simple.

Much better to enforce the laws against smuggling, drugs and people, and murder.

Why doesn't Brewer do something about that? Her NG could help her with all of it, legally. Alternatively she could decriminalize marijuana and cut down on a lot of the drug trafficking.

If your involved in a crime or wish a State ID here you still have too, and regardless of your feelings on being forced to carry identity papers, at some point in Arizona if you are involved with Law enforcement and cannot prove who you are they will eventually prove it for you. Lacking that proof and and if under arrest for a crime, you will be most likely deported SB-1070 or otherwise. To support the Federal Govt. looking the other way, while Illegal immigration continues is to support the things I mentioned. The fact is there are laws against all the things you mentioned, including, Illegal Immigration, however the Federal Govt. chooses not to enforce them. Had most of those bothered to even read SB-1070 they would have seen, that a person would need to be engaged with law enforcement in order for it's provisions to hold sway. I also have news for you, if your a resident Alien you are REQUIRED by LAW to have your identity papers on your person at all times. So what you are saying, is that we should require resident Aliens but give Illegals a pass? As for your other suggestions, Arizona state Law enforcement has been on the front lines of this issue for years in terms of enforcement for years. So its not a matter of Arizona enforcing the laws.

Each year illegal immigration costs Arizona 1.3 billion dollars a year, and at this moment we have somewhere around 500,000 illegal aliens here. Further, the costs of housing illegal alien prisoners has run to a total well over a billion dollars which the Federal Govt. is supposed to pay back to the states for doing so, and has yet to pay Arizona. Want me to mention the several officers, citizens, that have died, as a result of illegal immigrants? So no this is not a matter of you having to carry your papers, it's a matter of the Federal Govt. refusing to do what it is mandated to do and thats enforce the law. If you don't believe me at this point, just take a look and see how many people in the state of California were prosecuted for illegal immigration, ill give you a hint it's less than 1.

Last edited:
Why would the federal government have to pay a state for illegally detaining someone? That's just stupid.

And yes, laws that hurt the innocent are always wrong.

I read the article and from what is stated JW doesn't have a case. No one has forbidden anyone from sharing information with ICE, instead they merely don't ask people their immigration status.

It boggles my mind that people, namely "conservatives", are against states rights when they involve brown people.

they seem to be against ALL rights when it comes to brown people....

unless the brown people hate other brown people.

why are you such a racist? I bet if white people were sneaking across the border you'd be outraged.

Why would the federal government have to pay a state for illegally detaining someone? That's just stupid.

why do the feds force a state to educate, medicate and incarcerate someone who is illegal.. oh?? yes?? do tell.

First that cost is for housing and transporting and feeding prisoners for ICE. So they are not being illegally detanied. Let me give a small example of the impact of illegal immigration here in the state of Arizona. Last year in the school district that I live in they were forced to lay off 500 teachers as a result of state budget cutbacks. As I pointed out the cost of illegal Immigration each year is over 1.3 Billion dollars and perhaps had we a system by which our laws were enforced and those what wished to be here to work or to live could do then perhaps some of those 500 teachers would still be working and thats just one small example.

How much do they contribute to economy through taxes and purchasing local goods? I bet more than that...so in reality, these people are the scapegoats of Arizona.

All states are hurting for money...and if Arizona wants to use its budget to detain people that are guilty of a minor offense why should I have to pay for it?

And if CA wants to offer welfare, education, and healthcare to the undocumented, why should we have to pay for it?

It appears that the judge in AZ, has declared sanctuary cities illegal. While the Obama Admin. may be declaring a "victory", it may actually be a "victory" for the American people (who seem to be the on the opposite side of the admin on just about everything)

Three cops were shot in Phoenix yesterday.

Those are in the state budget.

On sanctuary cities:

A. NO OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR
17 OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY ADOPT A POLICY THAT LIMITS OR
18 RESTRICTS THE ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS TO LESS THAN THE FULL
19 EXTENT PERMITTED BY FEDERAL LAW.
No one does that anyway.

The shoot out was drug related...when are the people of Arizona going to quit freaking out about immigrants and do something about their drug problem?

No one does that? Tell that to the people of Phoenix, San Francisco, Pasadena, Philadelphia, etc. Judicial Watch will find out.

Oh it's the drugs in AZ. Not the drug dealers. Got it. :cuckoo:

Everytime you get behind the wheel of an automoblie you MUST have identification in the form of a driver's license.

How would decriminalizing pot stop the trafficking of pot?

On a side note: You have got to be the dumbest liberal on USMB.

How much do they contribute to economy through taxes and purchasing local goods? I bet more than that...so in reality, these people are the scapegoats of Arizona.

All states are hurting for money...and if Arizona wants to use its budget to detain people that are guilty of a minor offense why should I have to pay for it?

Arizona is detaining people who are suspected of violating FEDERAL LAw , much the same as they would if someone robbed a bank and were wanted for that crime in another state. The taxpayer pays to feed, house and transport those individuals. If you are upset because enterting the nation is a Federal crime then perhaps the focus should not be on Arizona , but rather it should be on your own Senator or member of congress to change the law. As for the contribution to the economy, none of the illegal aliens you speak of, pay state taxes other than sales tax, in just about every case they do not have health insurance or automobile insurance. So other than those that would abuse these people for thier cheap labor only because of their status they pose an undue financial burden on the state because of that status. You see, people seek to reward someone for the violation of Federal Law, I don't. Ask yourself, what sort of message does that send to all those who did the hard work to become citizens, pay taxes, state. Federal, Local, and waited in line to become citizens, black white, brown, of all colors, to simply reward someone that made the choice to not follow the law.

Last edited:
I read the article and from what is stated JW doesn't have a case. No one has forbidden anyone from sharing information with ICE, instead they merely don't ask people their immigration status.

It boggles my mind that people, namely "conservatives", are against states rights when they involve brown people.

And yet they still collect taxes on something they admit they will not even do the job... Sounds like fraud to me.

you are. because they are brown

Those are in the state budget.

On sanctuary cities:

A. NO OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR
17 OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY ADOPT A POLICY THAT LIMITS OR
18 RESTRICTS THE ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS TO LESS THAN THE FULL
19 EXTENT PERMITTED BY FEDERAL LAW.
No one does that anyway.

The shoot out was drug related...when are the people of Arizona going to quit freaking out about immigrants and do something about their drug problem?

first you need to prove that the people of Arizona are freaking out about "immigrants" can you show that please?

New Topics

Forum List

Back