Judicial nominee faces Senate scrutiny over Knights of Columbus membership

Do you have some sort of problem with Hawaii? :p One senator saying support for Prop 8 was an extreme position seems like a pretty thin reason to "cut Hawaii loose".

Based on the article, the opposition to Buescher's Knights of Columbus membership sounds ridiculous; politicians reaching for any reason they can find to speak against a candidate nominated by a president they don't like.

Mazie Hirono is a good reason to cut Hawaii loose and give it back its sovereignty. If the Knights of Columbus and their potluck dinners are radical then I am not sure what the meaning of that word is anymore.
So stupid. The Knights of Columbus are an amazing organization.
I've got a feeling this is just the way it's gonna be from now on.

You'd better be pristine, or the other side will get you.

We've pretty much lost our shit.

And the Dims go further and further into the fever swamps of leftwing extremism.

Dems challenge Trump judicial nominee over Knights of Columbus membership

Two Democratic senators are scrutinizing a federal judicial nominee over his membership in the Knights of Columbus, drawing a stern rebuke from the Catholic organization.

Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, raised concerns about Omaha-based lawyer Brian Buescher's membership as part of the Senate Judiciary Committee's review of his nomination by President Trump to sit on the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, as first reported by the Catholic News Agency.

In a series of questions sent to Buescher, Hirono asked whether his membership in the Knights of Columbus would prevent him from hearing cases “fairly and impartially” and, if confirmed, whether he would end his membership in the Roman Catholic charitable organization.

“The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions,” Hirono said in the questionnaire. “For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California’s Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage.”​

Democrats Claim Knights of Columbus an 'Extremist organization'

I think we can call Democrat party a terrorist organization and there will be a lot more truth to that than to their statement above.

Well, they do have Antifa as their military wing, apparently.

And the Dims go further and further into the fever swamps of leftwing extremism.

Two Democratic senators are scrutinizing a federal judicial nominee over his membership in the Knights of Columbus, drawing a stern rebuke from the Catholic organization.

Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, raised concerns about Omaha-based lawyer Brian Buescher's membership as part of the Senate Judiciary Committee's review of his nomination by President Trump to sit on the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, as first reported by the Catholic News Agency.

In a series of questions sent to Buescher, Hirono asked whether his membership in the Knights of Columbus would prevent him from hearing cases “fairly and impartially” and, if confirmed, whether he would end his membership in the Roman Catholic charitable organization.

“The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions,” Hirono said in the questionnaire. “For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California’s Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage.”​
Sounds kind of like Trump questioning the impartiality of a Mexican judge

Wow, so the DNC wants to besmirch the legacy of JFK huh?

kennedy-knights-of-columbus.jpg

JFK-K-of-C.jpg

We remember how Senator Feinstein attacked Judge Kavanaugh for being a Christian.
The Democrat bigots hate Christians.

Yeah its really weird that someone would think anti abortionists and anti gay marriage people were extremists. :rolleyes:

How bizarre, that our society has degenerated to this point, that common decency, protection of society's most essential institutions, and especially the protection of the most innocent and defenseless of all human life, can be characterized as “extremist”.

It's a Catholic organization for elites. Rome has traditionally been hostile to the Mason's, it is sort of a sister organization to them. The CIA, Jesuits and organized crime pull a lot from their ranks, and vice versa. It is a prestige thing more for connections, networking and power than anything else. One's membership doesn't necessarily connote or determine one's political attitudes or beliefs. That is lunacy.

However, it is very short sighted of the left to make such an attack with most of the immigrants, both legal and illegal coming up from the south being Catholic.

Though, I'm not sure how much credence I give to the story, as it comes from a corporate source, i.e. FOX. It could be largely to enrage folks, just a flash in the pan, here today, gone tomorrow. Purely for ratings, nothing more.

Yeah its really weird that someone would think anti abortionists and anti gay marriage people were extremists. :rolleyes:

How bizarre, that our society has degenerated to this point, that common decency, protection of society's most essential institutions, and especially the protection of the most innocent and defenseless of all human life, can be characterized as “extremist”.
How is trying to keep gay people from being married protecting innocents? :rolleyes:

Lol @ Knights of Columbus being an extemist group. If that's the case half the males in my family were or are extremists.

Efffin bunch of left loons keep embarrassing themselves

And here's the "extremist" YOU voted for in 2008:

Barrack Obama

“I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov. 2, 2008, while running for president, in an interview with MTV.

Forum List

Back