Judgement at Nuremburg 1961

By education, I mean transmission of facts and skills, not indoctrination.
I know what you meant which validates my claim that based on their history either the europeans are not cultured and educated or it is a meaningless claim/term
Children that are taught the truth about other races and cultures and to judge people as individuals are far more likely to reject racism than those that aren't
hmmm...what about an academic education? ya know, with more in-school time devoted to Math, history, science ,and grammar...a top flight academic education would surely be one of fact and skill and quell any racism.
Unfortunately, parents and even schools often teach children to fear or hate those that are different either literally or metaphorically. Subtle comments and put downs directed at minority groups are very effective at turning children into bigots who become prejudice against people on the basis of their membership in a particular group.
And what happens when that becomes indoctrination? you don't dare point it out.

I would appreciate you keep this on what my claim is about, that education and culture have done nothing to calm European savagery...In America Tommy's point of view is vehemently antisemetic thanks to our social education.

Last edited:
I know what you meant which validates my claim that based on their history either the europeans are not cultured and educated or it is a meaningless claim/term

hmmm...what about an academic education? ya know, with more in-school time devoted to Math, history, science ,and grammar...a top flight academic education would surely be one of fact and skill and quell any racism.

And what happens when that becomes indoctrination? you don't dare point it out.

I would appreciate you keep this on what my claim is about, that education and culture have done nothing to calm European savagery...In America Tommy's point of view is vehemently antisemetic thanks to our social education.
An academic education is not reading writing and arithmetic. An academic education teaches you not what to think but how to think; to solve problems not just in math but in communications, natural science, and social science.

In Europe, leaders not just in the WWII era, have used racism as a tool to reach their goals.. The fact that Europe has such a mixture of races, cultures, and religions, it was relatively easy for political leaders to fan the flames of racism as they saw fit. The Nazis in Europe forced schools to actually teach racism. Teachers that did not go long with it found themselves out of a job or worse.

An academic education is not reading writing and arithmetic.
An academic education teaches you not what to think but how to think; to solve problems not just in math but in communications, natural science, and social science.
thats just parsing...and social educations are where one is taught what to think, they are the antithesis of academic educations...they are what I am railing against.
In Europe, leaders not just in the WWII era, have used racism as a tool to reach their goals.. The fact that Europe has such a mixture of races, cultures, and religions, it was relatively easy for political leaders to fan the flames of racism as they saw fit. The Nazis in Europe forced schools to actually teach racism. Teachers that did not go long with it found themselves out of a job or worse.
we have an education system that constantly pits the races against each other, 24/7...if it were an academic system there would be no place or time for it... and your post doesn't even attempt to dispel my claim, it only claims there was a reason for all the savagery.

the point you and tommy overlooked in the movie scene is what Dietrich and Tracy represented at the time...Dietrich represented the old world aristocrat whose outmoded/dying way of life was at hand and Tracy the new world "pragmatic everyman" who was about to ride the crest of a new wave into the future.

thats just parsing...and social educations are where one is taught what to think, they are the antithesis of academic educations...they are what I am railing against.

we have an education system that constantly pits the races against each other, 24/7...if it were an academic system there would be no place or time for it... and your post doesn't even attempt to dispel my claim, it only claims there was a reason for all the savagery.

the point you and tommy overlooked in the movie scene is what Dietrich and Tracy represented at the time...Dietrich represented the old world aristocrat whose outmoded/dying way of life was at hand and Tracy the new world "pragmatic everyman" who was about to ride the crest of a new wave into the future.
Are you saying the social sciences; Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Geography, History, Law, Linguistics, Politics, Psychology and Sociology should not be taught?

You are a bit insane. What you are afraid of is people learning about things you dont like.
Education has always been politicised in the US. Segregation, bussing, white schoole getting 10 times the budget of black schools and now the nonsense going on in Florida.
Maybe Tracy just fancied her.

You are a bit insane.
What you are afraid of is people learning about things you dont like.
like tracy scratching his head when the "cultured and educated" dietrich tried to explain how the nazi' really weren't so bad outside of their atrocities.
Education has always been politicised in the US. Segregation, bussing, white schoole getting 10 times the budget of black schools and now the nonsense going on in Florida.
An academic educational system would end all of that
Maybe Tracy just fancied her.
...and pitied her as well.

Tommy your antisemtic views are pretty transparent

Last edited:
like tracy scratching his head when the "cultured and educated" dietrich tried to explain how the nazi' really weren't so bad outside of their atrocities.

An academic educational system would end all of that

...and pitied her as well.

Tommy your antisemtic views are pretty transparent
Dietrich never made that claim. Watch the film.

I wasn't quoting her just inferring...what she did say is far more indicting , that she "didn't know"...leading to the validation of my claim, that "cultured and educated" either don't exist or have no real meaning, whereas Tracy knew exactly what the score was.
Get your facts right.

Forum List

Back