Judge Sotomayor should be impeached for lying under oath about the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Congress' started by USArmyRetired, Jun 29, 2010.

1. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    This shows that she lied to get a government job and she committed a felony in lying to congress under oath. She should be held accountable since she has lied about her stance on the right to bear arms.

http://news-political.com/2010/06/2...nd-amendment-before-she-didnt/comment-page-1/

The news is in: Sonia Sotomayor explicitly endorses and supports the individual right to bear arms as decided in the Supreme Court case DC v. Heller. The following are direct quotes from her testimony this week before the Senate Judiciary Committee:

“Like you, I understand that how important the right to bear arms is to many, many Americans. In fact, one of my godchildren is a member of the NRA. And I have friends who hunt. I understand the individual right fully that the Supreme Court recognized in Heller.”

Read more:
    Blue Steel Democrats: Sonia Sotomayor Explicitly Supports the Heller Decision

Today (June 28 2010) she said:
    “I Can Find Nothing In The Second Amendment’s Text, History, Or Underlying Rationale That Could Warrant Characterizing It As ‘Fundamental’ Insofar As It Seeks To Protect The Keeping And Bearing Of Arms For Private Self-Defense Purposes.”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,670
    I agree. The last thing we need on the supreme court is a bald faced lying judge.

3. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739
    It just goes to prove that liberals all have to lie through their teeth in order to get into office.
    All four that voted against should be removed from the bench.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    That would be a partisan battle, but I would enjoy watching it.

5. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    She needs to go. I guess when she said "Court of Appeals is where policy is made." she meant the highest court in the land.

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,905
    Liberals are losers and liars and they prove it time and again.

7. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,687

CON$ervoFascists are whining, crying, sore losing, America-hating scum and they prove it time and again. :lol:

8. Woyzeck

Woyzeck Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Maybe she changed her mind about the issue? I didn't realize changing your political stances was grounds for impeachment, or counted as 'lying under oath.' Although let's be honest, this quote that's being bandied around:

She understands people who want to bear arms. But that's all she says. She understands it, in this quote she never says she supports it. Plus, she has a history against gun ownership.

By the way, anyone else notice the website the OP linked to cribbed their layout and look from an old BBC News one?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  9. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    That's a cop out, she recognized it as a right when she understood how important the right was to most americans.

However,what she said in regards to THIS case seems to be that she doesn't buy personal protection as a reason to own guns. Least that's how I took it.

10. Woyzeck

Woyzeck Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Do you have any idea how disingenuous of an assumption that is to make? If I can understand why someone would be against abortion, or for national health care, or what have you does that make me automatically for those positions even though I've only said I can understand people who do? No, because then I'd be holding numerous contradictory positions, so you simply cannot base it off "I understand why people like it" or some similar statement.