Judge says he can order abortion for disabled Nevada woman

The no-abortion crowd is flatly wrong. Period. No compromise. Period.

Exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother are morally, spiritually, and legally acceptable.

Oh, I could see any possible man using the defense of "I didn't know" if the state attempted to charge him. However, I still think its illegal to have sex with someone whose been deemed mentally incompetent by the state.

Yet you provide no evidence.

Now, let me provide evidence that I am right that Nevada does not judge consent by IQ.

The baby's father has not been identified. It is not clear whether the pregnancy resulted from consensual sex or a rape.
Nevada court mulls abortion for pregnant mentally disabled woman - Yahoo! News
your evidence is ridiculous Windbag....

How do you know that they are holding back on calling it rape due to consent reasons on her part or because they don't know if someone who is also mentally retarded staying in the same home as she is, was not the father vs and adult with full mental capacity? If it was another mentally retarded person, then they too would not be able to make any legal decisions for themselves thus not be held responsible for the rape.....

I found this from another state and I am certain will be able to find it for this state with a little time.....read it....be enlightened.

http://www.nycourts.gov/cji/2-PenalLaw/130/130.30%282%29.pdf

and this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC181173/

Last edited:
If she's not allowed to make decisions for herself, she can't consent to sex.

Sexual assault as defined in NV
"
***** 1. *A person who subjects another person to sexual penetration, or who forces another person to make a sexual penetration on himself or another, or on a beast, against the will of the victim or under conditions in which the perpetrator knows or should know that the victim is mentally or physically incapable of resisting or understanding the nature of his conduct, is guilty of sexual assault."

I dont know any states where it's legal to have sex with someone who is too mentally handicapped to consent.

I love when people post part of a law without posting the whole thing. Tell me something, what is the definition of being mentally incapable of giving consent? My guess without looking, is that applies to being drunk or under the influence of drugs, not IQ. Feel free to prove me wrong.

The law might say that, but I know it isn't what you believe. Of course you don't think that this woman can consent to sex. It is wrong for someone to have sex with a person who is mentally disabled. They are being taken advantage of.

It doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what the law says. I see having sex with people that are retarded as being rape, but the law doesn't, so we go from there.

There is a living person inside of her and if she can't take care of them, someone else can, like a person who wants kids of their own, but is not able to produce any themselves for example.

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

No 6-year-old should be forced into becoming a surrogate mother. Physical adult or not she didn't have the mental capacity for consensual sex, technically her pregnancy resulted from rape.

She is not 6, she is 34, and has an IQ of 64. (If I remember correctly.) You should stop pretending we are talking about a child.

Oh, I could see any possible man using the defense of "I didn't know" if the state attempted to charge him. However, I still think its illegal to have sex with someone whose been deemed mentally incompetent by the state.

Yet you provide no evidence.

Now, let me provide evidence that I am right that Nevada does not judge consent by IQ.

The baby's father has not been identified. It is not clear whether the pregnancy resulted from consensual sex or a rape.
Nevada court mulls abortion for pregnant mentally disabled woman - Yahoo! News
your evidence is ridiculous Windbag....

How do you know that they are holding back on calling it rape due to consent reasons on her part or because they don't know if someone who is also mentally retarded staying in the same home as she is, was not the father vs and adult with full mental capacity? If it was another mentally retarded person, then they too would not be able to make any legal decisions for themselves thus not be held responsible for the rape.....

I found this from another state and I am certain will be able to find it for this state with a little time.....read it....be enlightened.

http://www.nycourts.gov/cji/2-PenalLaw/130/130.30%282%29.pdf

and this:

Sexual Abuse of the Mentally Retarded Patient: Medical and Legal Analysis for the Primary Care Physician

How do I know? It is rather simple, if a 12 year old girl has sex it is rape, even if she has sex with a 10 year old boy. If it is rape for her based on her mental capacity, it is always rape, even if she has sex with someone else who is retarded.

Posting the law in NY, or ethical guidelines for doctors, doesn't change that.

There is a living person inside of her and if she can't take care of them, someone else can, like a person who wants kids of their own, but is not able to produce any themselves for example.

No 6-year-old should be forced into becoming a surrogate mother. Physical adult or not she didn't have the mental capacity for consensual sex, technically her pregnancy resulted from rape.
If another person is able to carry the baby, have them carry the baby. To me, if a baby can be saved, the baby should be saved.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Rape, incest, and life of the mother. To deny that should be a criminal offense punishable by a $5,000 fine. Why not? The bozos are saying abortion is murder, punishable by death. Buncha bozos.

Last edited:

If another person is able to carry the baby, have them carry the baby. To me, if a baby can be saved, the baby should be saved.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

This isn't star trek. There is no way to remove a fetus from its mother and implant it in someone else.

CaféAuLait;6286657 said:
Judge says he can order abortion for disabled Nevada woman

CARSON CITY, Nev. A Nevada state judge says he has the authority to order an abortion for a pregnant 32-year-old mentally disabled woman, even against the will of her Catholic adoptive parents.

Washoe County District Court Judge Egan Walker didn't make a decision, but asked the Nevada Supreme Court on Monday to let him go ahead with hearings as early as Tuesday to collect medical evidence about the woman's case.

The Las Vegas Sun reports that Walker called it "illogical and contrary to law" to prevent him from gathering evidence to determine if an abortion should be performed.

In a case being watched by national anti-abortion organizations, the woman's parents want the state high court to stop the proceedings.

Judge says he can order abortion for disabled Nevada woman - CBS News

Should a judge be able to rule in this manner? Is it overstepping his bounds?

The article says he wants to gather more medical information. Didn't you read it?

If she is mentally disabled, how did she consent to sex?

I love when people post part of a law without posting the whole thing. Tell me something, what is the definition of being mentally incapable of giving consent? My guess without looking, is that applies to being drunk or under the influence of drugs, not IQ. Feel free to prove me wrong.

The law might say that, but I know it isn't what you believe. Of course you don't think that this woman can consent to sex. It is wrong for someone to have sex with a person who is mentally disabled. They are being taken advantage of.

It doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what the law says. I see having sex with people that are retarded as being rape, but the law doesn't, so we go from there.

The law also says that abortion isn't murder, but that doesn't stop people from saying it is.

And it does matter what you think. I know what the law says, but you do have the right to stand up and say that you believe the law is wrong, which, in this case, I believe it is.

The law also says that abortion isn't murder, but that doesn't stop people from saying it is.

And it does matter what you think. I know what the law says, but you do have the right to stand up and say that you believe the law is wrong, which, in this case, I believe it is.

Actually, it doesn't say that at all, what it says is that it is none of the government's business if a mother murders her baby using the approved method of abortion.

Actually, he does have the right to stand up and say that the law is wrong and thank God we do have that right. Without that right, the Patriot Act would be mild to what other evils the federal government might drone up.

Without that right, abortion would still be illegal. Some would think that a good thing, but then would having abortion illegal save lives of innocent babies and their mothers? I'm not sure and that is what matters to me.

Anyway, we'd have no freedoms without the right to stand up and say, "That law is wrong!", in fact, we'd still be subjects of the Queen of England.

Immie

All have the right to say what they feel. No, abortion is not murder, and, yes, the no-abortion crowd are wrong spiritually, morally, religiously, emotionally, and legally.

Can you imagine a 6-year-old going through labor? She would not comprehend what is going on. She also would not be able to adequately care for a live baby.

Nor will she...because there are no fewer than FIVE people ready and willing to adopt the baby! God and goddess, are you fucking HIGH?!

Can you imagine a 6-year-old going through labor? She would not comprehend what is going on. She also would not be able to adequately care for a live baby.

Nor will she...because there are no fewer than FIVE people ready and willing to adopt the baby! God and goddess, are you fucking HIGH?!

So how is this woman going to feel when she gives birth, only to have her baby ripped away from her? What sort of parents are these that they would give away their grandchild? Have they even explained to her that she cannot keep her baby, that she is only keeping it 'safe' for a short time? Does this woman even understand?

Forum List

Back