Judge Napolitano on Free Speech and the Alex Jones case

So where is the part about how hedid something ILLEGAL?

Did he cross the border? But you don't care about those kind of illegal acts.. only thosethat can be leveled against a conservative.

leftists are pigs..
It is illegal in Connecticut to profit off of the dissemination of lies. Jones admitted he was lying. Jones admitted he profited from those lies. Case closed.

Are you sure you are asking the right question?

Is it right for any Christian to accuse a number of parents who just lost their children in a horrible massacre if they REALLY lost their children.
sorry, but if it were me, I would just not listen to Jones anymore..

but I guess that's too much to ask of some folks

It is illegal in Connecticut to profit off of the dissemination of lies. Jones admitted he was lying. Jones admitted he profited from those lies. Case closed.
he shouldn't have admitted to lying bc from the info I have (please supply more if you can.. waiting for it!) he did not lie but only stated what his opinion or "gut" told him. No law against that..

Also, if he is thebig liar you claim (the shooting waasn't real, he said.. or his gut said) then why do you easily believe him when he "admits to lying"?

You have a free speech right to yell "fire" in a theater. You will be held accountable if you yell "fire" and people are harmed. The judge should understand this.
Thats twisted logic

Patrons in the theater have no time to decide if the fire is real or not

Thats not the case on the internet where the public can consider what is said and freely decide

It matters none whether it was case law. It's simply an example of your words doing harm and how you can be held accountable for that. Use any example you wish.

It was an example THAT WAS WRONG. Why can't you see that? It was misquoted, overturned and is no longer valid.

A law website saying the same thing:

Last edited:
it is not kooky to question a govt that is as obviously corrupt and politicized as ours is..

far from it.. (yes, I know, you are not only referring to that part of Jones's spiel.)

Moving the goal posts are we?? Jones didn't just "question the government", he denied reality and built a business and great wealth on doing so.

He continued to lie and fundraise off that lie, even though he privately admitted his whole campaign was a "hoax".
Look at yourself in a mirror

:eek:

Once again, you have no comeback so you make a stupid comment. Your concession is noted and appreciated.

Unfortunately Jones still has too many devout followers, and they still do not believe that it was not a hoax.
and believing something that is not true should be stopped immediately!!!!!!

and OMG if it is not!

Everybody drop what you are doing NOW and please stop all this believing stuff that isn't true!

i'ts got to GO!

Moving the goal posts are we?? Jones didn't just "question the government", he denied reality and built a business and great wealth on doing so.
show me in the law or statutes where that is illegal?

so far, I have NO evidence he did anything illegal. Smehow I doubt any will be given me.. since none has yet

Once again, you have no comeback so you make a stupid comment. Your concession is noted and appreciated.
not dumb at all

Leftists should look in the mirror, every time they are tempted to accuse someone of something... you know, the old 3 fingers pointing back at yourself thing..

I was never a big fan of Alex Jones (though had not been following him last several years so don't really know much about the Alex Jones of 2022)

But he had a right to say and i totally DO concur with this, that the gummit cannot be trusted. Boy, do I agree with that one! And I have a million reasons to do so..

Judge N mentions the Brandenberg case, which I am somewhat familiar with. Brandenberg had a KKK rally, if I recall correctly, and people in his town wanted it stopped. But free speech was invoked and B won.

So why didn't Alex Jones win?
He didn't win because we still largely have a media, courts, A.G.'s, DOJ etc. controlled by or wholly in bed with a deep state determined to mute all information/speech that is any way contrary to their agenda or the doctrines and dogma they promote.

I am not an Alex Jones fans and I think Infowars to be so far over the top and unable to support so many of their speculative theories that they are not at all trustworthy as an information source. But he harmed nobody in his expressed opinions of Sandy Hook and those parents likely would never have known what his opinion was if opportunistic political operatives hadn't made sure they did. It did not put their lives in danger, diminish their property value, put their livelihoods at risk. They were not being bullied or denied their right to live in peace. Their life, liberty, pursuit of happiness was not compromised.

The Founders are probably rolling over in their graves at the ridiculous assumption that government or the courts have power to prosecute or assign damages if somebody's feelings get hurt or somebody gets angry.

Wow, the brain of a right wing idiot on full display. Like watching a trainwreck.
ha ha... :auiqs.jpg:

that's what leftists say when they run into that Logic conservatives alone are known for..

Damn logic! If only it would never rear its ugly head! I could go on living in my fantasy world!

But when I just can't avoid it no matter how hard I try..

I can always ridicule the Logic bearing messenger

Thats twisted logic

Patrons in the theater have no time to decide if the fire is real or not

Thats not the case on the internet where the public can consider what is said and freely decide

And they all knew it was a lie but still went after people who had children die in the school shooting.

Why would you do this?

I totally agree and thanks for bringing up the truth about religion and how one can never absolutely prove (to anyone listening) that God exists or that He is.. as is said in the Bible.

I wish I knew more about this case. I am wondering exactly what Jones said that brought on a lawsuit. Why did the lawyer takethe case? we know lawyers aren't going 2 take a case unless it looks like a winnable case. So I guess I will Search on this (if I find time.. very busy lately).

Based on what I know so far, he got a very raw deal. And this kind of thing just encourages others to bring such BS suits.. See someone with money? Grab some for yourself!

He didn't win because we still largely have a media, courts, A.G.'s, DOJ etc. controlled by or wholly in bed with a deep state determined to mute all information/speech that is any way contrary to their agenda or the doctrines and dogma they promote.

I am not an Alex Jones fans and I think Infowars to be so far over the top and unable to support so many of their speculative theories that they are not at all trustworthy as an information source. But he harmed nobody in his expressed opinions of Sandy Hook and those parents likely would never have known what his opinion was if opportunistic political operatives hadn't made sure they did. It did not put their lives in danger, diminish their property value, put their livelihoods at risk. They were not being bullied or denied their right to live in peace. Their life, liberty, pursuit of happiness was not compromised.

The Founders are probably rolling over in their graves at the ridiculous assumption that government or the courts have power to prosecute or assign damages if somebody's feelings get hurt or somebody gets angry.
yeh, for sure

Like I've saidseveral times, I have seen NO evidence aj did anything actually ILLEGAL

which.. you'd think that would be required when you are talking about stealing.. I mean taking a lot of one's $$

opinions about what happened or may have happened are NOT lies

Besides.. Liberals have no place accusing ANYONE else of LYING

please

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back