Judge Napolitano on Free Speech and the Alex Jones case

well, I would think there would be other damages.. like, say, someone accused one of the victims of making the Attack up so as to get attention.. That person did not lose money but lost respect in his or her neighborhood..

that's notdamage?

One would think that once this was proven a lie, that your neighbours would apologize. They're real assholes if they don't.

In the case of Jones' contentions of a vast conspiracy, the sheer number of people involved in perpetrating such a hoax would mean that it would be quickly exposed. The old adage "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead" was never more applicable.

Look at all of the people in Donald Trump's White House who have come for to expose the planning of the January 6th Insurrection. Look at how many Nixon staffers came forward to expose Watergate. You simply cannot have a conspiracy involving hundreds of "crisis actors" without SOMEONE breaking ranks and exposing the plot.

I have shown many times that there is nothing wrong with yelling fire in a theatre. PERIOD.

IT WAS NEVER CASE LAW. STOP USING IT.

It matters none whether it was case law. It's simply an example of your words doing harm and how you can be held accountable for that. Use any example you wish.

so far, no one on this forum can show me where he did anything wrong. I haven't seen any yelling Fire thing...
Did the children and adults die in Sandy Hook? They did.

Did he tell his followers that the children's death was all a hoax? He did.

Did some of his followers harassed those parents for years? They did

Did Jones make Millions off telling it was a hoax? He did

Did he finally, in court, say that it was not a hoax? He did.

Did Prosecution have all the evidence from his shows, etc? They did.

There is no DOUBT what he did.

The argument is whether WHAT HE DID was ILLEGAL. And it was not.

I used to follow Jones until he went apeshit on Sandy Hook. I read many websites and I was on the fence about whether it was real or not for a while, but finally decided the guy was a kook and moved on.
it is not kooky to question a govt that is as obviously corrupt and politicized as ours is..

far from it.. (yes, I know, you are not only referring to that part of Jones's spiel.)

But even if it was true that a lie can cause a lot ofdamage and it is true

Where did Jones actually LIE?

NO, he just said his gut told him the shooting was faked..

OOHHH>.. wow.. Now it's against the law to have gut feelings? (or at least to TELL anyone about them)

we are all in big trouble.. Vote the lawless, always lying, always going-against- the- Constituion bastards OUT

Why does even one person vote Demonrat???

This tops the list of

Greatest Mysteries in the World
He told those lies because the parents were going to sue the Gun Industry. As I posted above, it was about guns.

Yes, that's the basis of libel and slander.

For instance, let's say you lie about me and say that I raped my children or some kind of bad shit like that. As a result, I lost my job or was not hired because of what you said about me. If what you said was a lie, I can go after you for the money I lost because of the lies you told.

But if you lie about me, saying something and I can't prove to a judge that you have cost me money, I'm not owed moneyCourt is about making you whole again, not ringing up the $$$ register.
OK, well instead of losing your job or not getting a job, let's say you were constantly harassed with death threats and rape threats, that your wife was also constantly harassed. Phone calls at all hours of the night, can't even take a vacation without some yahoo chasing you down, calling you a liar, and threatening you with physical violence.
Because it doesn't matter if someone gets hurt, you have a right to do it. You're not responsible for other peoples behavior.

That is your argument and you are wrong.
Well I am sure glad to learn that if you have a bunch of protestors outside your house, yelling and screaming at you, that if you get threatening phone calls in the middle of the night, threats of murder or raping your wife, or even confronted in public, well that's no harm. So, what is the address for those right wing SCOTUS justices, and hit me up with their phone numbers too.

So where is the part about how hedid something ILLEGAL?

Did he cross the border? But you don't care about those kind of illegal acts.. only thosethat can be leveled against a conservative.

leftists are pigs..

I used to follow Jones until he went apeshit on Sandy Hook. I read many websites and I was on the fence about whether it was real or not for a while, but finally decided the guy was a kook and moved on.
And if you sue people for being a "kook"...

And how many on the right get harassed because of shit the left does?

I don't think just losing $$ is "damages"

But I don't see where there was serious damage of any kind in the aj case (not that I am thoroughly familiar w/ it..)

There were none, only people getting their feelings hurt, but in the draconian new age free speech aka 'opinion' is not allowed.

Look at all of the people in Donald Trump's White House who have come for to expose the planning of the January 6th Insurrection. Look at how many Nixon staffers came forward to expose Watergate. You simply cannot have a conspiracy involving hundreds of "crisis actors" without SOMEONE breaking ranks and exposing the plot.
Look at yourself in a mirror

:eek:

It's over. It's done! And the rabid right will just have to froth at the mouth and stew in their own juices.

It's the American way that created evil pigs like Alex. Those of his kind should move on and up the ante for Alex's sake.

Jeez you people, praise the lord or something?

There were none, only people getting their feelings hurt, but in the draconian new age free speech aka 'opinion' is not allowed.
neither is sanity

or logic

sigh... When is Jesus going to comeback and squish those demonic ones?

just sayin... (Don't ask me where the word Squish came from... I guess I am pretty tired of leftists.. so there's that)

it is not kooky to question a govt that is as obviously corrupt and politicized as ours is..

far from it.. (yes, I know, you are not only referring to that part of Jones's spiel.)
This had nothing to do with the government. It was a case of free speech which was loaded with disinformation, which led many of the parents to be harassed for years and not allowed to mourn their children's death.

No parent should have to go through years of being told that they are liars and they children did not die.

This had nothing to do with the government. It was a case of free speech which was loaded with disinformation, which led many of the parents to be harassed for years and not allowed to mourn their children's death.

No parent should have to go through years of being told that they are liars and they children did not die.
BS

for the 1000th time, I am asking for proof.. not emotionalism..

proof Jones did something ILLEGAL

It's not legal to lie for personal profit and that is what he did. Furthermore, even AFTER he knew that these children had really died and his followers were attacking and harassing the parents of these children, he continued to promote and enrich himself from the lie.

That's FRAUD.

BS

for the 1000th time, I am asking for proof.. not emotionalism..

proof Jones did something ILLEGAL
Are you sure you are asking the right question?

Is it right for any Christian to accuse a number of parents who just lost their children in a horrible massacre if they REALLY lost their children. Endlessly call it a hoax and that they are just pumping up the anti gun movement?

Is it right for so many of his Christian followers to, for years, harass these parents and not allow them to mourn in peace?

You are a Christian . You would not do that. But he did. And that is ugly, especially when there is no end to it and the guy ends up making Millions off of those lies.

Start thinking and behaving like a Christian. Jesus is not for the things you keep posting about.

questioning things is not against the law.. or never used to be anyhow.

Because of the lawless ones aka the dims, things, they b a changin...

In any case, Jones has the right to free speech and nothing I have read yet on this casesays he was wrong. He said His gut told him this or that.. and that it has never been wrong

He never said My gut is absolutely right on this. I am 100% sure this is a phony shooting"

never said anything remotley like that as far as I can tell. And even if he did.. so what?

According to my best info at this time, that falls under the category of free speech. And the govt provides the courts who take on these cases, so you can't say Well, free speech is only to keep govt from persecuting you for saying things..

Yeah trusting your gut is always a good idea. Donald Trump has managed 7 corporations into bankruptcy trusting his "gut" and not preparing for meetings or negotiations.

It doesn't matter what your gut tells you, it matters what the EVIDENCE tells you.

Forum List

Back