Judaism 101

Judaism is actually equally as satanic as Islam. The difference is Judaism is more racist. Middle east cults are the biggest hoax ever committed on Western man.

Many people know very little about Judaism and many are curious. This website can answer many of your questions. I can answer any others you may have.

Judaism 101
I have a question. When did Judaism theology change from polytheism to monotheism?
In my view, when Moses wrote Deuteronomy, that changed the Hebrews' view from polytheism (2 or more Gods -- Elohim and JHVH) to monotheism (JHVH only).

It's a really good question that modern Jews have no idea about nor answer for.

Many people know very little about Judaism and many are curious. This website can answer many of your questions. I can answer any others you may have.

Judaism 101
My only question would be why did G-D (the Jewish English abbreviation for YHVH) abandon the Jews to the Nazi's?

6 million dead is more than all the Hebrews that left Egypt during the Exodus.

It took Eisenhower and Stalin to free the surviving Jews from the Nazi concentration camps. So does this make Ike and/or Joe G-D then ?!

Judaism 101
I have a question. When did Judaism theology change from polytheism to monotheism?
In my view, when Moses wrote Deuteronomy, that changed the Hebrews' view from polytheism (2 or more Gods -- Elohim and JHVH) to monotheism (JHVH only).

Here is what I found in the Newest Testament Bible (Wikipedia):

The notion of divinity underwent radical changes in the early period of Israelite identity. The ambiguity of the term elohim is the result of such changes, cast in terms of "vertical translatability", i.e. the re-interpretation of the gods of the earliest recalled period as the national god of monolatrism as it emerged in the 7th to 6th century BCE in the Kingdom of Judah and during the Babylonian captivity, and further in terms of monotheism by the emergence of Rabbinical Judaism in the 2nd century CE.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim#cite_note-1
I never heard the term monolatrism before but I think it accurately reflects my interpretation of early Judaism. I wonder if it was Christianity that pushed Jews to monotheism.

Judaism 101

Here is what I found in the Newest Testament Bible (Wikipedia):

The notion of divinity underwent radical changes in the early period of Israelite identity. The ambiguity of the term elohim is the result of such changes, cast in terms of "vertical translatability", i.e. the re-interpretation of the gods of the earliest recalled period as the national god of monolatrism as it emerged in the 7th to 6th century BCE in the Kingdom of Judah and during the Babylonian captivity, and further in terms of monotheism by the emergence of Rabbinical Judaism in the 2nd century CE.[1]
I never heard the term monolatrism before but I think it accurately reflects my interpretation of early Judaism. I wonder if it was Christianity that pushed Jews to monotheism.
Original Christianity is NOT monotheistic.

In original Christianity there is God The Father (Theos Patyr in the original Greek), the Son of God (Yios Theoy), and the Holy Spirit (Pneuma Agia).

So the Jews could NOT have gotten monotheism from the Christians. That would have to be an anachronism.

In original Christianity there is God The Father (Theos Patyr in the original Greek), the Son of God (Yios Theoy), and the Holy Spirit (Pneuma Agia).

So the Jews could NOT have gotten monotheism from the Christians. That would have to be an anachronism.
They may have had many names and titles for God but Christians developed the Holy Trinity only centuries after Christianity took initially took root.

They may have had many names and titles for God but Christians developed the Holy Trinity only centuries after Christianity took initially took root.

No, the Romans usurped Christianity and made fundamental changes in belief and practice that reflected a plethora of preexisting pagan beliefs and practices.

There was no such thing as a Jewish mangod or an edible trinity before 325 c.e. but there were already seven sacraments and the centuries old practice of partaking in the divine nature of Mithras by eating consecrated bread.

Last edited:

No, the Romans usurped Christianity and made fundamental changes in belief and practice that reflected a plethora of preexisting pagan beliefs and practices.

There was no such thing as a Jewish mangod or an edible trinity before 325 c.e. but there were already seven sacraments and the centuries old practice of partaking in the divine nature of Mithras by eating consecrated bread.
It was the Christians themselves that adapted their religion to appeal to pagans:
  • Removing the need to become a Jew (no circumcision)
  • Reinterpreting the Jewish Bible to prophesy the coming of Jesus
  • Re-imagining the Jewish messiah as Jesus-like
  • Arbitrarily putting Jesus' birthday at the time of the winter solstice
  • Making Jesus a god with virgin birth stories, miracles, and resurrection

It was the Christians themselves that adapted their religion to appeal to pagans:
  • Removing the need to become a Jew (no circumcision)
  • Reinterpreting the Jewish Bible to prophesy the coming of Jesus
  • Re-imagining the Jewish messiah as Jesus-like
  • Arbitrarily putting Jesus' birthday at the time of the winter solstice
  • Making Jesus a god with virgin birth stories, miracles, and resurrection
By the time any of that happened anyone who held the keys to the secrets of the kingdom of Heaven had already been slaughtered a very long time ago.

Judaism 101
Judaism was never an adherent to polytheism.

Abraham abandoned the many gods of his people to follow only ONE and moved to Canaan.
And it has been that way ever since.

That is not to say that for many years or centuries, some people who followed the G-D of Abraham did not find other gods appealing.
As in the stories of Moses. Or at any other point when Israel may have been in danger of being destroyed.

The Hebrew Scriptures are very clear as to how Abraham, and Judaism became monotheistic.

Please show me where Judaism was polytheistic that didn't upset God.

I managed to learn something today. Always a good day when that happens. I misspoke when I said early Judaism was polytheistic. I had never heard the term monolatrism before but I now think it accurately reflects my interpretation of early Judaism. Early Judaism, IMHO, accepted that there many gods but only one of those established a covenant with the Jews. He was a jealous god when it came to other gods.

In the pagan world, gods were local. They might take care of a single city or nation. If they were powerful the city/nation did well. If the people were promised protection but didn't get it? Cognitive dissonance. Once repeatedly conquered, the Jews changed their covenant to be, not between their god and the people but between their god and each individual person.

Please show me where Judaism was polytheistic that didn't upset God.

I managed to learn something today. Always a good day when that happens. I misspoke when I said early Judaism was polytheistic. I had never heard the term monolatrism before but I now think it accurately reflects my interpretation of early Judaism. Early Judaism, IMHO, accepted that there many gods but only one of those established a covenant with the Jews. He was a jealous god when it came to other gods.

In the pagan world, gods were local. They might take care of a single city or nation. If they were powerful the city/nation did well. If the people were promised protection but didn't get it? Cognitive dissonance. Once repeatedly conquered, the Jews changed their covenant to be, not between their god and the people but between their god and each individual person.
Nope.
Define early Judaism using Scripture.
While Nimrod was a warrior in God's face, Avraham was calling out to people in God's name.
What is God's name?
Avraham's tent was open on all 4 sides to welcome them and feed them as they journeyed.

You're brain storming without reading the source.

No. Scripture that was an oral history for millennium so trusting its accuracy to be 100% is not reasonable. The oldest fragment of the Bible we have today is only about 2,000 years old. If they were not written until well after the events take place they may well have been edited to conform to the theology of the day.

Feel free to correct me but I think a very early Jewish vow is that they will no other gods before Him. Sounds like a covenant between a people and one of a number of gods. When the Jews were waiting for Mosses they made a Golden Calf. The belief in other gods must have existed, otherwise when they turned from the one God they would have become atheists.

While Nimrod was a warrior in God's face, Avraham was calling out to people in God's name.
What is God's name?
If there is only one God why does he need a name?

You're reading the source without putting it into historical context. Your faith has clouded your understanding.

No. Scripture that was an oral history for millennium so trusting its accuracy to be 100% is not reasonable. The oldest fragment of the Bible we have today is only about 2,000 years old. If they were not written until well after the events take place they may well have been edited to conform to the theology of the day.

Feel free to correct me but I think a very early Jewish vow is that they will no other gods before Him. Sounds like a covenant between a people and one of a number of gods. When the Jews were waiting for Mosses they made a Golden Calf. The belief in other gods must have existed, otherwise when they turned from the one God they would have become atheists.

What is God's name?
If there is only one God why does he need a name?

You're reading the source without putting it into historical context. Your faith has clouded your understanding.
No one is more critical of the Torah than Jews.
That's why there are so many commentaries.
You will, in fact, even find several times where Rashi says he doesn't know the plain meaning a phrase; what other religion would have the honesty to publish that for every grade school student to read?
There are other powers, butnit subservient to God.
The sun, the moon, the weather, the seas, unusually intelligent or strong people, astrology (a lost science).
God demands that we learn enough science to understand that all of these powers are part of the system that God created; they are not to be worshipped.

Forum List

Back