Journalists Revealing Racism?

Geezzz.....

If you disagree with the OP, say so....or don't.

But don't tell me what to do.
No one has succeeded in that vein.

If you try...you may not like the result.

Loll! I have no vested interest in trying to "tell you what to do". I dont know you.

I was merely pointing out the obvious.
:razz:

As an editorial comment, even the most insane bigots who post here get no emotional reaction from me, so state what you wish. It's bad form to get emotional on an anonymous public message board.

Carry on.

1. "I was merely pointing out the obvious."

If it was obvious....why did you have to point it out?
Make up your mind.

ob·vi·ous
/ˈäbvēəs/
Adjective
Easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.
Predictable and lacking in subtlety.
Synonyms
evident - manifest - apparent - plain - clear - patent

2. The point is, you know that what he reveals is far from obvious.

Far too many are swayed by biased reporting, that smears white folks with 'obvious truths' that may be obvious...but aren't the truth.

You too?

a. Once the Democrat party convinced itself that it's history of racism had to be expunged, or at least hidden, the intellectuals performed that very job.

b. Part of the strategy was to blame others.....thus the OP.

Don't go too far off the deep end folks.

The OP has merit even if I partially disagree. The one point which sticks out is the "lower class whites in England" having similar behavoral problems as our blacks. Or however it was worded better than I said.

Our black have one heck of a mixing problem with the old white dominated culture though. Consider on any evening I can go slumming and pick out a trailer trash white gal who I think cleans up well. Around mom and dad as long as I can get her to sound somewhat intelligent things will be okish and most folks I meet will not even know I went dumpster diving for an easily impressed gal.

Now if I go meet a young Tina Turner and bring her out OH BOY! Folks are gonna be talking. Lord forbid I take her to the neighborhood white boy bar where I have heard the racist talk for a decade (two? !?!).

So blacks have a rougher time that way.

Also, on applications we can tell the LaQuita Johnson's apart from the Shelly O'Brian's. So when working retail out in these fancy parts of town someone gets preferential treatment. Even for delivery guys. Well, until the company growns enough affirmative action will notice no Johnsons or Smiths have ever been hired and they slap us for our "sins".

What else.... The whole Democrat / Republican flp on racism is very interesting. It is another topic but I will agree the Republicans got stuck with a ton of southern racist democrats under the "my state has the right to descriminate" banner.

......with welfare, I believe it needs to be there but unemployment stretches too long. We need a gifted CCC type program where we can at least threaten folks with being called out to eradicate Honeysuckle bushes or whatever if they stay on the take. But yeah, I don't want the poor turning to kidnapping my kid so I pay a ransom.

Think that was it. Sometimes my during the day posts are a bit random while on the phone.

Don't go too far off the deep end folks.

The OP has merit even if I partially disagree. The one point which sticks out is the "lower class whites in England" having similar behavoral problems as our blacks. Or however it was worded better than I said.

Our black have one heck of a mixing problem with the old white dominated culture though. Consider on any evening I can go slumming and pick out a trailer trash white gal who I think cleans up well. Around mom and dad as long as I can get her to sound somewhat intelligent things will be okish and most folks I meet will not even know I went dumpster diving for an easily impressed gal.

Now if I go meet a young Tina Turner and bring her out OH BOY! Folks are gonna be talking. Lord forbid I take her to the neighborhood white boy bar where I have heard the racist talk for a decade (two? !?!).

So blacks have a rougher time that way.

Also, on applications we can tell the LaQuita Johnson's apart from the Shelly O'Brian's. So when working retail out in these fancy parts of town someone gets preferential treatment. Even for delivery guys. Well, until the company growns enough affirmative action will notice no Johnsons or Smiths have ever been hired and they slap us for our "sins".

What else.... The whole Democrat / Republican flp on racism is very interesting. It is another topic but I will agree the Republicans got stuck with a ton of southern racist democrats under the "my state has the right to descriminate" banner.

......with welfare, I believe it needs to be there but unemployment stretches too long. We need a gifted CCC type program where we can at least threaten folks with being called out to eradicate Honeysuckle bushes or whatever if they stay on the take. But yeah, I don't want the poor turning to kidnapping my kid so I pay a ransom.

Think that was it. Sometimes my during the day posts are a bit random while on the phone.

1. Geezzz...what an ignorant, bigoted post.

Are you an ignorant bigot?
Speak up!

2. "...on any evening I can go slumming and pick out a trailer trash white gal who I think cleans up well. Around mom and dad as long as I can get her to sound somewhat intelligent things will be okish and most folks I meet will not even know I went dumpster diving for an easily impressed gal."

This is certainly one of the most disgusting compositions I've seen posted...largely because you often come across as marginally intelligent.

3. "Now if I go meet a young Tina Turner and bring her out OH BOY! Folks are gonna be talking. Lord forbid I take her to the neighborhood white boy bar where I have heard the racist talk for a decade (two? !?!)."

I don't know what rock you live under...but it certainly isn't the case in NY.

4. "What else.... The whole Democrat / Republican flp on racism is very interesting. It is another topic but I will agree the Republicans got stuck with a ton of southern racist democrats under the "my state has the right to descriminate"(sic) banner."

Here, you prove the success of what Sowell reveals about the opinion-making of intellectuals' bias.
You bought it like it was on sale.

They were called Dixiecrats for a reason....not Republicrats.
Racists Democrats remained both racists and Democrats.

And...I can certainly prove that. Just ask.

5. And this for your slander of the whites of America:

"Barack Obama, who will be the nation’s first African-American president, won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976 amid a backdrop of economic anxiety unseen in at least a quarter-century, according to exit polls by The Associated Press and the major television networks."
Exit polls: How Obama won - David Paul Kuhn - POLITICO.com

NY is wher lady liberty is welcoming the tired and weak to our shores. Perhaps the culture in that state ha progressed further than my state where folks somehow say Missoura.

Last time I was there was pre 9-11. I really liked how all cultures and many economic statuses mixed on the streets and in the subway. Maybe things have changed but I still remember most of the large ethnicities having their own "barrios". But I will say living close to the family makes it easier to find emergency baby sitters and the like so neighbirhood desegration shoukd be the slowest to change.

The whole racial make up of work places is real here. Out by corporate hq not a business in the plaza employs a black man or woman. It is not THAT severe state wide, the fortune 500 company I used to work for was getting segregated for example.

Someone who could vote in 1968 is now 66 (?) I guess so it is their children which concern us today. But from a historical perspective I AM curious for reading on where the Southern Democrats went or how the Democrats lost / Republicans won the Old South. The whole "who was the last third party candidate to win a state" trivia question really burns me. We need ANY other candidate to win a state on their own.

Last edited:
NY is wher lady liberty is welcoming the tired and weak to our shores. Perhaps the culture in that state ha progressed further than my state where folks somehow say Missoura.

Last time I was there was pre 9-11. I really liked how all cultures and many economic statuses mixed on the streets and in the subway. Maybe things have changed but I still remember most of the large ethnicities having their own "barrios". But I will say living close to the family makes it easier to find emergency baby sitters and the like so neighbirhood desegration shoukd be the slowest to change.

The whole racial make up of work places is real here. Out by corporate hq not a business in the plaza employs a black man or woman. It is not THAT severe state wide, the fortune 500 company I used to work for was getting segregated for example.

Someone who could vote in 1968 is now 66 (?) I guess so it is their children which concern us today. But from a historical perspective I AM curious for reading on where the Southern Democrats went or how the Democrats lost / Republicans won the Old South. The whole "who was the last third party candidate to win a state" trivia question really burns me. We need ANY other candidate to win a state on their own.

1. " I still remember most of the large ethnicities having their own "barrios"...

Now...interesting that you mentioned that.

The section of Sowell's book that I was studying today covers that exact point.
If the Yankees are losing tonight, I may OP that up....you may be surprised at his analysis.

2. "I AM curious for reading on where the Southern Democrats went or how the Democrats lost / Republicans won the Old South."

a. According to this liberal myth, Goldwater and the Republicans were racists and used racism to appeal to racist southerners to change the electoral map. To believe the tale, one must be either a reliable Democrat voter, and/or be ignorant of the history of the time.

b. Goldwater was one of only six Republican senators to vote against the 1964 act. He did so on libertarian grounds, opposed to the act’s restrictions on private property which he believed beyond the Congress’s powers under the commerce clause. Five others supported the party’s presidential nominee.

c. Goldwater went on to win five southern states in 1964: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina. But he lost eight.

\d. Democrats build the ‘southern strategy’ tale on the fact that the same states voted for ‘Dixiecrat’ Strom Thurmond in 1948 (less Georgia).

e. Except that Nixon and Reagan lost, or almost lost the same states in ’68 and ’80…

f. And Jimmy Carter and Clinton did pretty well in those states in ’76 and ’92.

g. And the Goldwater states went right back to voting Democrat for decades…

h. So…if Republicans were racists and got racist southerners to vote for them, how to explain this: Republicans always did best in the southern states that Goldwater lost, which happened to be the same ones Republicans had been winning with some regularity since 1928.

i. In ’28, ’52, ’56, and ’60, Republicans generally won Virginia, Florida, Texas, Kentucky and sometimes North Carolina or Louisiana. Did you notice that those years were before 1964?
From chapter 12, "Mugged," Coulter

3. Four years after Goldwater, the segregationist vote went right back to Democrats: Humphrey got half of Wallace’s supporters on election day. Nixon got none of ‘em. “When the '68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.” The neocons & Nixon's southern strategy - Pat Buchanan - Page 1

1. "I was merely pointing out the obvious."

If it was obvious....why did you have to point it out?
Make up your mind.

ob·vi·ous
/ˈäbvēəs/
Adjective
Easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.
Predictable and lacking in subtlety.
Synonyms
evident - manifest - apparent - plain - clear - patent

My mind was made up when you started this thread. However, Einstein, when I notice that someone is oblivious to the obvious, I don't mind helping from time to time.

That's why I pointed it out to you.

2. The point is, you know that what he reveals is far from obvious.
He has "revealed" nothing that has not been said before. He makes part of his living writing books that stoke the emotions of street corner philosophers who substitute reading "theories" in the safety of their surroundings for getting out in the world and experiencing life first hand.

Far too many are swayed by biased reporting, that smears white folks with 'obvious truths' that may be obvious...but aren't the truth.
You too?

You are a piece of work:cuckoo:....I have lived way too long to not know biased reporting when I see it. And I have seen it from all sides. There is biased reporting out there that puts a negative slant on blacks, whites, Hispanics and Asians. Ask yourself who controls the media, and you might be on to something.

All one has to do is pick any ethnicity and search the Internet for it.

a. Once the Democrat party convinced itself that it's history of racism had to be expunged, or at least hidden, the intellectuals performed that very job.

I've got news for you Einstein, both parties have a history of racism, and within both parties there were politicians who recognized the need for progress.

All one has to do is look at the passage of the Civil Rights Bill. There were opponents and supporters on both sides. Look it up. What the division point was based on was more geographical. (South and North).

b. Part of the strategy was to blame others.....thus the OP.

Again that strategy is applied by both sides. Both sides relentlessly attack each others ethics and morality and those on both sides have demonstrated a lack of moral character, as well as minimal concern for the overall good of the country.

And the most tragic part is that there are mindless pawns out there who swallow the ideology on both sides as opposed to recognizing that division of the masses is what keeps the true criminals in business.

Wake up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back