Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans

Free speech rights don't entitle you to go wherever, whenever the fuck you want. Good grief, grow up.

It's a hearing open to the public. Get a fucking education.

From your own citations:

Regulations only govern the use of cameras.

He didn't have a permit... and nowhere does it prove that "republ;icans" ordered his arrest.

Good Lord Nancy... get you panties out of a wad.

Cameras are typically allowed in hearings. People aren't usually arrested unless they're being disorderly. Republicans control the hearing. Who else would have ordered him arrested?

It's a hearing open to the public. Get a fucking education.

the I guess he should of left the CAMERA CREW at home, eh.

rejuvenating-thoughts.jpg

Yep... you're done.

:lol:

poor Joey, got caught lying with a hit piece from Hufferpost..now he is lashing out..

tsk tak

poor Joey, got caught lying with a hit piece from Hufferpost..now he is lashing out..

tsk tak

Lying? :lol::lol::lol: Prove it, troll. Republicans control the hearing. He was ordered arrested; he was arrested. Where's the lie?

Don't confuse my pointing and laughing at how clueless you are, as lashing out.

This is a fascinating thread for a number of reasons:

1) Cons obviously give lip service to being 'free'.
2) They love rules of govt when it suits them, but are always complaining about too much govt and too many rules and regulations.
3) Forget about cameras being allowed or not. This was a meeting involving people who REPRESENT you. They are not gods. They are not despots or dictators. They are there on YOUR behalf, not theirs. You have a right to know what is going on in YOUR government building. YOU are paying them to be there, and you own their arses.
4) This is what I've been banging on about on the odd occasion in various threads to neocons especially - they think they live in the freeist country in the world, when in fact they do not. Here is a classic example....

Here folks is the source of this article...

according to Democratic sources present at the hearing

this is the shoddy damn reporting we get today..

2) They love rules of govt when it suits them, but are always complaining about too much govt and too many rules and regulations.
3) Forget about cameras being allowed or not. This was a meeting involving people who REPRESENT you. They are not gods. They are not despots or dictators. They are there on YOUR behalf, not theirs. You have a right to know what is going on in YOUR government building. YOU are paying them to be there, and you own their arses.
4) This is what I've been banging on about on the odd occasion in various threads to neocons especially - they think they live in the freeist country in the world, when in fact they do not. Here is a classic example....

Oh for crying out loud..the guy knew what he was suppose to do..
Fox apparently had applied for credentialing the day before the hearing but had been unable to obtain official permission to film.

you can spare us the rest.:eusa_hand:

Fox apparently had applied for credentialing the day before the hearing but had been unable to obtain official permission to film.

Yeah, I can spare you the rest because it doesn't suit your agenda. My 'rest' is the bigger picture and the more important point. But you're so engrossed in making your partisan hackery point, that you don't give a shit about your freedom.

BTW, I don't really give a shit one way or another because I don't live there. But please, spare us dern foreigners your lip service about:
1) Being the freeist country in the world
2) Bringing 'freedom' to the likes of Iraq, Vietnam [insert country over the past 40 years the US has send 'advisers' to 'help'}
3) Clearly, going by this thread, neocons have no idea what the word 'freedom' means..

As an aside, this is my industry, petroleum hydrogeology. The author of this film is ignorant of casing placements, formations, sub-surface lithologies, permeabilities within porosity zones, gaseous permeability within crystalline structures ie limestone, shale, dolomites, calcites, sandstones. The list goes on and on. I say let him show it. Its like watching a comedy.

Yeah, I can spare you the rest because it doesn't suit your agenda. My 'rest' is the bigger picture and the more important point. But you're so engrossed in making your partisan hackery point, that you don't give a shit about your freedom.

BTW, I don't really give a shit one way or another because I don't live there. But please, spare us dern foreigners your lip service about:
1) Being the freeist country in the world
2) Bringing 'freedom' to the likes of Iraq, Vietnam [insert country over the past 40 years the US has send 'advisers' to 'help'}
3) Clearly, going by this thread, neocons have no idea what the word 'freedom' means..

Why would a foreigner come onto the US MESSAGE BOARD and make such a request? And it is said that Americans are arrogant...

How come Newbies come on here and say the same boring shit. Either you're a sock puppet or an idiot.

Say something original for once in your life you moron. I've been on this board for almost 6 years, and if I had a dollar (an Australian one at that, because it's $1.06 against the greenback at the moment) every time some ijit came on and said the above, I could retire....

I could explain to you why your post is dumb beyond reproach, but I have done so to so many Newbs over the past six years, I can't be arsed doing it again...

Last edited:
Huffington is not a reputable news source folks.

Right, they made it up. Gawd, you're stupid :lol::lol::lol:

yeah they MADE UP ...the guy wasn't a JOURANLIST.

you are not only stupid but a huffington idiot to boot.

Do you understand what a journalist is? Anybody can be a journalist. If you observe and report facts, you are a journalist.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

Josh Fox, meanwhile, has issued the following statement to the press:

I was arrested today for exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of the press on Capitol Hill. I was not expecting to be arrested for practicing journalism. Today's hearing in the House Energy and Environment subcommittee was called to examine EPAs findings that hydraulic fracturing fluids had contaminated groundwater in the town of Pavillion, Wyoming. I have a long history with the town of Pavillion and its residents who have maintained since 2008 that fracking has contaminated their water supply.

As a filmmaker and journalist I have covered hundreds of public hearings, including Congressional hearings. It is my understanding that public speech is allowed to be filmed. Congress should be no exception. No one on Capitol Hill should regard themselves exempt from the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states explicitly "Congress shall make no law...that infringes on the Freedom of the Press". Which means that no subcommittee rule or regulation should prohibit a respectful journalist or citizen from recording a public hearing.

Why would a foreigner come onto the US MESSAGE BOARD and make such a request? And it is said that Americans are arrogant...

How come Newbies come on here and say the same boring shit. Either you're a sock puppet or an idiot.

Say something original for once in your life you moron. I've been on this board for almost 6 years, and if I had a dollar (an Australian one at that, because it's $1.06 against the greenback at the moment) every time some ijit came on and said the above, I could retire....

I could explain to you why your post is dumb beyond reproach, but I have done so to so many Newbs over the past six years, I can't be arsed doing it again...

Ahhh. An Aussie. Explains much.:fu:

No, but I'm glad to see you're going to offer amazing insights and introspection on a range of subjects...:cuckoo:

Right, they made it up. Gawd, you're stupid :lol::lol::lol:

yeah they MADE UP ...the guy wasn't a JOURANLIST.

you are not only stupid but a huffington idiot to boot.

Do you understand what a journalist is? Anybody can be a journalist. If you observe and report facts, you are a journalist.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

Josh Fox, meanwhile, has issued the following statement to the press:

I was arrested today for exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of the press on Capitol Hill. I was not expecting to be arrested for practicing journalism. Today's hearing in the House Energy and Environment subcommittee was called to examine EPAs findings that hydraulic fracturing fluids had contaminated groundwater in the town of Pavillion, Wyoming. I have a long history with the town of Pavillion and its residents who have maintained since 2008 that fracking has contaminated their water supply.

As a filmmaker and journalist I have covered hundreds of public hearings, including Congressional hearings. It is my understanding that public speech is allowed to be filmed. Congress should be no exception. No one on Capitol Hill should regard themselves exempt from the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states explicitly "Congress shall make no law...that infringes on the Freedom of the Press". Which means that no subcommittee rule or regulation should prohibit a respectful journalist or citizen from recording a public hearing.

As a filmmaker...that means I AM ENTITLED.........don't ya know:lol:
cry us a river....waaa

Last edited:

Forum List

Back