Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans

Well at least it took their bunched up panties off Allen West for a moment...:lol:

enjoy..:lol:

Libtards whining about transparency? Wow. With the whole 'three days online' shit that never happened... with the closed door hearings and meetings on Obamacare?

just... wow. Fucking hypocrites.

Where are the liberals that doesnt want the three days posted online. Maybe you have the definition of hypocrit mixed up.

Right, they made it up. Gawd, you're stupid :lol::lol::lol:

yeah they MADE UP ...the guy wasn't a JOURANLIST.

you are not only stupid but a huffington idiot to boot.

Do you understand what a journalist is? Anybody can be a journalist. If you observe and report facts, you are a journalist.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

Josh Fox, meanwhile, has issued the following statement to the press:

I was arrested today for exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of the press on Capitol Hill. I was not expecting to be arrested for practicing journalism. Today's hearing in the House Energy and Environment subcommittee was called to examine EPAs findings that hydraulic fracturing fluids had contaminated groundwater in the town of Pavillion, Wyoming. I have a long history with the town of Pavillion and its residents who have maintained since 2008 that fracking has contaminated their water supply.

As a filmmaker and journalist I have covered hundreds of public hearings, including Congressional hearings. It is my understanding that public speech is allowed to be filmed. Congress should be no exception. No one on Capitol Hill should regard themselves exempt from the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states explicitly "Congress shall make no law...that infringes on the Freedom of the Press". Which means that no subcommittee rule or regulation should prohibit a respectful journalist or citizen from recording a public hearing.

However, to gain access to certain events and activities, you have to have a journalist's PASS, obtained from whomever handles that sort of thing...and you only get one if you're credentialled.

You can't just say "I'm a journalist, let me through!" and expect to gain access to the more elite gatherings...even rodeos require journalists to obtain passes prior to the event and show their creds not only when they are approved (along with their ID) but to wear them while they're working.

So, 'objecting to their presence' is the same as 'lock them up and throw away the key' to you?

Putz.

What are you blathering about, dick-lips? He was ARRESTED. Learn how to read.

moron.. you claimed it was on the orders of Republicans. The Republicans 'objected to his presence'. They did NOT order his arrest. Unless of course you can produce evidence from the Capital Police stating they WERE ordered by the Republicans.

So there was no cause between Republican objecting to his presence and his being arrested? You believe that? Just a coincidence?

my-favorite-color-is-lima-beans-wiff-ham.jpg

yeah they MADE UP ...the guy wasn't a JOURANLIST.

you are not only stupid but a huffington idiot to boot.

Do you understand what a journalist is? Anybody can be a journalist. If you observe and report facts, you are a journalist.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

Josh Fox, meanwhile, has issued the following statement to the press:

I was arrested today for exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of the press on Capitol Hill. I was not expecting to be arrested for practicing journalism. Today's hearing in the House Energy and Environment subcommittee was called to examine EPAs findings that hydraulic fracturing fluids had contaminated groundwater in the town of Pavillion, Wyoming. I have a long history with the town of Pavillion and its residents who have maintained since 2008 that fracking has contaminated their water supply.

As a filmmaker and journalist I have covered hundreds of public hearings, including Congressional hearings. It is my understanding that public speech is allowed to be filmed. Congress should be no exception. No one on Capitol Hill should regard themselves exempt from the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states explicitly "Congress shall make no law...that infringes on the Freedom of the Press". Which means that no subcommittee rule or regulation should prohibit a respectful journalist or citizen from recording a public hearing.

However, to gain access to certain events and activities, you have to have a journalist's PASS, obtained from whomever handles that sort of thing...and you only get one if you're credentialled.

You can't just say "I'm a journalist, let me through!" and expect to gain access to the more elite gatherings...even rodeos require journalists to obtain passes prior to the event and show their creds not only when they are approved (along with their ID) but to wear them while they're working.

Oh, so that was it. No state ID. Being a Democrat and a film maker had nothing to do with it? And your "favorite color" is?

this is the stupid shit that is dragged onto this board EVERYDAY from Huffingtonpost, thinkprogess, alteredworld, etc etc.

we have big problems in this country and they think some filmmaker whining is the BIG ONE..

I'm not sure it can get anymore pathetic..

Just wait...Soon Steph will begin her rant on Transparency and too much Regulations. Whats fascinating is that her brain is unable to make the connection between the thing she claims to hate and the thing she is defending right now. The Irony fairy is headed to Stephs house now

we should have more of this in Congressional hearings..that is really what you want.

condi-hands.jpg

649700468_aaf455f4a1_o-1.jpg

:lol: Nice Dodge Captain Liberty :lol: Lets hear about how Washington needs to *snicker* be transparent and how asking them permission will not cause a problem :rofl:

I imagine it would go like this:

Steph: You need to be transparent Washington!
Washington: Sure, fill out this form and we'll think about it
Steph: YOU DAM RIGHT YOU WILL!! IF ITS ONE THING I HATE ITS BUREAUCRACY!! IS THIS THE RIGHT FORM YOU CROOK!

A little more of that and thousands of Americans might be alive. Tens of thousands of Americans might not be maimed for life. Iran wouldn't have Iraq as a friend. We would have three trillion more money. Millions of women in Iraq wouldn't be in Burkas.

The only good GOP thing to come out of Iraq was that Republicans feel they have something to be proud of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh for crying out loud..the guy knew what he was suppose to do..

you can spare us the rest.:eusa_hand:

Yeah, I can spare you the rest because it doesn't suit your agenda. My 'rest' is the bigger picture and the more important point. But you're so engrossed in making your partisan hackery point, that you don't give a shit about your freedom.

BTW, I don't really give a shit one way or another because I don't live there. But please, spare us dern foreigners your lip service about:
1) Being the freeist country in the world
2) Bringing 'freedom' to the likes of Iraq, Vietnam [insert country over the past 40 years the US has send 'advisers' to 'help'}
3) Clearly, going by this thread, neocons have no idea what the word 'freedom' means..

Why would a foreigner come onto the US MESSAGE BOARD and make such a request? And it is said that Americans are arrogant...

and how would someone who just joined today, know this about grump

:lol:

Josh was just interviewed. He said that he was able to attend meetings when Democrats were in the majority in the House.

Libtards whining about transparency? Wow. With the whole 'three days online' shit that never happened... with the closed door hearings and meetings on Obamacare?

just... wow. Fucking hypocrites.

Where are the liberals that doesnt want the three days posted online. Maybe you have the definition of hypocrit mixed up.

Can this be translated into English?

:lol:

Josh was just interviewed. He said that he was able to attend meetings when Democrats were in the majority in the House.

:lol:...Josh

He's going to milk this for all it's worth..hoping to sell his documentary I guess.

poor poor filmmaker..waaa

Last edited:
Dam, you know Steph's bloodsugar or sanity levels are low when she resorts to making fun on someones name.

Since the money men behind the Repubs on the committee hate this guy it is no wonder they had him evicted. Technically they were correct but according to other sources the rules have not been strictly enforced until this time. Since the video of the hearing is available on the net as per custom there is no real issue here except what appears to be vindictiveness.

An Oscar-nominated documentary filmmaker was arrested at a House hearing Wednesday after trying to film the proceedings without the required media credentials.
Joshua Fox of Milanville, Pa., was led out of the room in handcuffs and charged by Capitol Police with unlawful entry.

Fox directed the anti-drilling documentary "Gasland," which was nominated last year for an Oscar. Fox also is an activist who has spoken out against hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, which was the subject of the House Science, Space and Technology subcommittee hearing.
Fracking takes place when large volumes of water, sand and chemicals are injected into wells to break up underground rock formations, allowing natural gas to escape.
The oil and gas industry has criticized Fox and his film for what they say is a sensationalized attack on fracking.
Democrats forced two votes, one to allow Fox to film the hearing and a second to recess the hearing for a week so that Fox could obtain credentials. Both motions were defeated on a party-line vote.

Read more: Filmmaker Without Credentials Arrested At Hearing | Fox News

PS: this is from FOX news not a liberal news mag.

Last edited:
little Josh is milk milk milking it...

where's that Mooooo now..

:popcorn:

Last edited:
What are you blathering about, dick-lips? He was ARRESTED. Learn how to read.

moron.. you claimed it was on the orders of Republicans. The Republicans 'objected to his presence'. They did NOT order his arrest. Unless of course you can produce evidence from the Capital Police stating they WERE ordered by the Republicans.

So there was no cause between Republican objecting to his presence and his being arrested? You believe that? Just a coincidence?

my-favorite-color-is-lima-beans-wiff-ham.jpg

You claimed the Republicans ORDERED his arrest. You have not provided any proof of said order. His arrest was certainly related to their objection to his being there. But if you can't prove they ORDERED his arrest, you don't need to lie about it like that.

Hack

Forum List

Back