journalist sued for libel by netanyahu.

News from The Associated Press

can you imagine that being done here?
Certainly. Especially with the Trumps in the WH. For some reason, most people purposefully ignore the tabloids and the gossip in this country; I'm not sure why. If I were famous or a celebrity, I'd be madder'n a wet hen if some cheesy journalist was spouting nasty lies about me or my family. But Trump already sued one outlet for calling Melania a whore, didn't he? I don't know what happened there--if the civil courts take anywhere near as long as the criminal courts, I suppose we might not find out for years.

Certainly. Especially with the Trumps in the WH. For some reason, most people purposefully ignore the tabloids and the gossip in this country; I'm not sure why. If I were famous or a celebrity, I'd be madder'n a wet hen if some cheesy journalist was spouting nasty lies about me or my family. But Trump already sued one outlet for calling Melania a whore, didn't he? I don't know what happened there--if the civil courts take anywhere near as long as the criminal courts, I suppose we might not find out for years.
Trump vowed during the campaign to open up libel laws. He wants the free press gone.

Melania already won that suit.

Daily Mail pays Melania Trump $2.9 million to settle lawsuit

Last edited:

Trump vowed during the campaign to open up libel laws. He wants the free press gone.

Free Press does not mean free to knowingly publish falsehoods.

Trump wants to be the judge on what is and isn't a falsehood.

Lying about someone or writing something that is very damaging without some kind of proof would be your liability. You are already libel for defamation if you print or say something that is damaging to another person that isn't true. Many people have just let this lying crap go on and the so called press has just gotten nastier so if lawyers start suing the people behind these defamations of decent peoples characters without any substance to back them up when they spread shit like peanut butter, I don't have a problem with that.

Lying about someone or writing something that is very damaging without some kind of proof would be your liability. You are already libel for defamation if you print or say something that is damaging to another person that isn't true.

If that were true Trump would have paid out his entire fortune to victims by now.

You read his mind or something?

Lying about someone or writing something that is very damaging without some kind of proof would be your liability. You are already libel for defamation if you print or say something that is damaging to another person that isn't true.

If that were true Trump would have paid out his entire fortune to victims by now.
Go get into the law books... those libel and slander statutes are still there, regardless of whether you like it or not.

You read his mind or something?
No. I read his tweets and hear his whining, and his vow change the law to sue anybody who says a bad thing about him.

Go get into the law books... those libel and slander statutes are still there, regardless of whether you like it or not.
Yeah, tell that to the birthers :rolleyes:

If obami wanted and it was totally untrue and just accusations to slander he had every right and option to sue. Fact is he didn't so perhaps he had some things to hide.

If obami wanted and it was totally untrue and just accusations to slander he had every right and option to sue. Fact is he didn't so perhaps he had some things to hide.
Oh brother :rolleyes:

I didn't know the caliber of person I was speaking with :rolleyes:

Oh brother :rolleyes:

I didn't know the caliber of person I was speaking with :rolleyes:
I'm sure. I am not a supporter of the progressive liberals, nor do I support bringing in any Islamist of anykind.

Nutanyajew is a pathetic snowflake. He sued someone over them saying his wife kicked him out of the car! Some horrible stuff there! What a pathetic egotistical crybaby.Its no surprise Jews hate free speech..look at all he hate speech laws they have managed to pass in Europe.
yea.

we'd NEVER have hate speech laws here in the US.....

Nutanyajew is a pathetic snowflake. He sued someone over them saying his wife kicked him out of the car! Some horrible stuff there! What a pathetic egotistical crybaby.Its no surprise Jews hate free speech..look at all he hate speech laws they have managed to pass in Europe.
yea.

we'd NEVER have hate speech laws here in the US.....
Doesn't stop them from trying.

Forum List

Back