Journalist killings

Nope..the 'war' if you will, started at the beginning of a free press..and will always continue..those in power..or those who aspire to power, wish to control the flow of info--often they are successful..when they are not..there is friction. The usual response is to ignore the media and carry on--Trump has decided to wage open warfare..a battle he cannot win. He is not the first to take such a tack..but he has the advantage of a robust social media that acts as an alternative conduit to propagate his narrative.

The result..nobody believes the media..and nobody believes Trump. Most of us justr throw our hands up and seek our info elsewhere.
you simply cannot overlook obama going after fox.

then:
Trump's war on press no match for Obama's
Analysis | Trump rages about leakers. Obama quietly prosecuted them.
Obama was more aggressive on leaks than Trump's been so far
Obama’s legacy will be one of secrecy and hostility toward the press
Obama used the Espionage Act to put a record number of reporters' sources in jail, and Trump could be even worse
Is Obama at war with journalists?
Obama’s War on the Media
Obama Spying -- On Journalists and Others, Not Just Trump Associates | National Review

again - i agree the president - ALL OF THEM - should stay out of the media and stop chiming in on social events. but obama was horrible at it. if you are going to sit there and go WAH TRUMP DID THIS and ignore how obama set the tone, then you're simply being intentionally ignorant in this case.
*Yawn* I think you are mistaking me for a leftist partisan--if you need an admission that Obama pursued leakers with a vengeance and attacked Fox news..OK..he did all that. So? My comments of Trump are current and topical. Whatever Obama did has zero bearing on Trump's current actions as regards the media.
I do not buy into the argument that if his predecessor did something wrong..it is a permission giver for his bad actions as President.

Fox was the first openly biased Main-Stream media source..they garnered a lot of attention and criticism..now they seem almost tame..compared to the infowars/gateway pundits of the world.
oh bullshit. CNN and so many more are openly biased. you can't sit here and claim I'M NON PARTISAN and then go bagging on 1 side over the other. most media has and likely always will be left leaning. fox may have been one of the first to be on the "rights" side but they are far from the first to twist news to a given direction.

trump is his own man to be sure. but obama started these media / news wars and as usual the next guy comes along and says "hold my beer" so yes, i do see a connection whether you do or not.

in the end - neither one of them should be going to war with the media and neither one should be taking sides on social issues. yet, here we are after one did it and the other continues it.
Interesting--i think your perception of my 'bias' is mostly in your head. Note that I said that Fox was the first..not the only..most followed when it became clear that it was profitable. That most media is left leaning is a given...the reasons for that are interesting to suss out..but I'll not bore you. I'm just saying that this started a long time ago..and Obama's behavior is his...and Trump's behavior..is Trump's. He owns it. Period.

As for Trump..he could have just..I don't know..shut the fuck up? The media calms down when you don't feed it. I guess that you don't see that as an option.
no - it comes from saying things like:

fox is the first "biased" station
leave obama out of this

and so forth. if you'd quit doing liberal shit, i'd quit thinking you were a liberal.

And if you quit cherry picking and misquoting what I said..I'd quit thinking you're a moron..I suspect we're both doomed to disappointment.

I said Fox was the first openly biased news org. in the MSM. They were..that's not a slam nor a slant..that's a fact. Note the use of the word 'openly'--the press has always been biased to some degree or another..usually depending on the publisher/owner. Fox dropped all pretense of impartiality..that marked a watershed in reportage. That CNN and MSNBC etc. quickly followed suit was more about market share and ad revenue. Some reporters loved it that the reins were off--others deplored it..and still do.

You're insisting that Obama be part of the conversation speaks more to YOUR bias than it does mine. Obama is not President..Trump is. This tit for tat BS that the hacks here engage in bores me and I give it no credence. If you wish to talk about Obama and his many failures..start a thread..I could go on and on..Obama was not my favorite President--he was weak when he should have been strong..and over-reacted when he should have walked softly.

No matter..you will believe what you will..it makes no impact on my life.

then:
Obama used the Espionage Act to put a record number of reporters' sources in jail, and Trump could be even worse
Obama’s War on the Media
Obama Spying -- On Journalists and Others, Not Just Trump Associates | National Review

again - i agree the president - ALL OF THEM - should stay out of the media and stop chiming in on social events. but obama was horrible at it. if you are going to sit there and go WAH TRUMP DID THIS and ignore how obama set the tone, then you're simply being intentionally ignorant in this case.
*Yawn* I think you are mistaking me for a leftist partisan--if you need an admission that Obama pursued leakers with a vengeance and attacked Fox news..OK..he did all that. So? My comments of Trump are current and topical. Whatever Obama did has zero bearing on Trump's current actions as regards the media.
I do not buy into the argument that if his predecessor did something wrong..it is a permission giver for his bad actions as President.

Fox was the first openly biased Main-Stream media source..they garnered a lot of attention and criticism..now they seem almost tame..compared to the infowars/gateway pundits of the world.
oh bullshit. CNN and so many more are openly biased. you can't sit here and claim I'M NON PARTISAN and then go bagging on 1 side over the other. most media has and likely always will be left leaning. fox may have been one of the first to be on the "rights" side but they are far from the first to twist news to a given direction.

trump is his own man to be sure. but obama started these media / news wars and as usual the next guy comes along and says "hold my beer" so yes, i do see a connection whether you do or not.

in the end - neither one of them should be going to war with the media and neither one should be taking sides on social issues. yet, here we are after one did it and the other continues it.
Interesting--i think your perception of my 'bias' is mostly in your head. Note that I said that Fox was the first..not the only..most followed when it became clear that it was profitable. That most media is left leaning is a given...the reasons for that are interesting to suss out..but I'll not bore you. I'm just saying that this started a long time ago..and Obama's behavior is his...and Trump's behavior..is Trump's. He owns it. Period.

As for Trump..he could have just..I don't know..shut the fuck up? The media calms down when you don't feed it. I guess that you don't see that as an option.
no - it comes from saying things like:

fox is the first "biased" station
leave obama out of this

and so forth. if you'd quit doing liberal shit, i'd quit thinking you were a liberal.

And if you quit cherry picking and misquoting what I said..I'd quit thinking you're a moron..I suspect we're both doomed to disappointment.

I said Fox was the first openly biased news org. in the MSM. They were..that's not a slam nor a slant..that's a fact. Note the use of the word 'openly'--the press has always been biased to some degree or another..usually depending on the publisher/owner. Fox dropped all pretense of impartiality..that marked a watershed in reportage. That CNN and MSNBC etc. quickly followed suit was more about market share and ad revenue. Some reporters loved it that the reins were off--others deplored it..and still do.

You're insisting that Obama be part of the conversation speaks more to YOUR bias than it does mine. Obama is not President..Trump is. This tit for tat BS that the hacks here engage in bores me and I give it no credence. If you wish to talk about Obama and his many failures..start a thread..I could go on and on..Obama was not my favorite President--he was weak when he should have been strong..and over-reacted when he should have walked softly.

No matter..you will believe what you will..it makes no impact on my life.

heh - you're saying trump started a war on the media and FOX was the first openly catering to 1 side.

and you NOW want to stand around and try to define credibility?

bitch, please.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

We have all been bombarded by the press regarding a journalist murdered by the Saudi government. However, most of us have not heard of any other journalists being murdered about the world. In Bulgaria, there have been no less that three journalists murdered.

So why not the same kind of coverage? It's because those journalists were uncovering Left wing corruption in government, unions, and the media. However, the Saudi killing is covered by the Left wing media, who also helped murder those journalists in Europe, because of Trumps financial ties to the Saudi Prince, and the Left's hope that the Saudi regime will fall in favor of a more Left wing radical regime that will make war with Israel. Not only that, cutting off the Saudi oil supply to the US is a wet dream by the Left.

Pretty simple really.

Journalists have been being murdered at an increasing rate for a while now...there is no discernible left/right bias as a cause. Many of these reporters have been killed in Russia...reporting on Putin and the oligarchs..many others have been killed in Mexico and Central America. Reporting on corruption--political or financial, (if there's a difference--LOL!), is a dangerous job.

As for the spin you are choosing to put on it--sorry--you went way too far with your suppositions--as well as making the common error of thinking that the 'left' has some sort of deep agenda vis-a-vis Israel. Always amusing to see the left portrayed as anti-Israel, given the number of Jews who are prominent in those circles..and the Zionist tag that so many on the Right put on those to the Left.

Not really sure just where you get the idea that cutting off the Saudi oil supply is an agenda item for the left..toppling the repressive woman-hating regime currently in power does seem like a good idea to many..but only a fool would think that the oil will not flow..regardless of who is in power.

The media is driving this bus...because they DO hate Trump..and he hates them right back..he made this war..so now we all get to put up with the slanted reportage and chicken-little editorial style that both sides are prone to.
trump didn't "make" this war - he's just taking it to a new level.

the *war* started when obama went after fox and other prominent journalists.
Nope..the 'war' if you will, started at the beginning of a free press..and will always continue..those in power..or those who aspire to power, wish to control the flow of info--often they are successful..when they are not..there is friction. The usual response is to ignore the media and carry on--Trump has decided to wage open warfare..a battle he cannot win. He is not the first to take such a tack..but he has the advantage of a robust social media that acts as an alternative conduit to propagate his narrative.

The result..nobody believes the media..and nobody believes Trump. Most of us justr throw our hands up and seek our info elsewhere.

then:
Obama’s War on the Media

You are only hand wringing because you're pretending to seem non-partisan. It's clear you aren't and it comes off as completely flat and insincere. I say this with confidence because you're calling out Obama and Obama only, whom I thought was horrible with transparency and the press.

Yet, you fail to mention The Orange Virus has ratcheted up his rhetoric 1000%, including calling for violence and inciting a war with the nation's free press. The shit this scum vomits from his fat maw on the daily is getting people killed. It's clear you've already taken a side on this and given your personal "OK" stamp on Orange Virus' actions regarding the press. There's no credibility to your words and to a moderate it is 'fake news'.

We have all been bombarded by the press regarding a journalist murdered by the Saudi government. However, most of us have not heard of any other journalists being murdered about the world. In Bulgaria, there have been no less that three journalists murdered.

So why not the same kind of coverage? It's because those journalists were uncovering Left wing corruption in government, unions, and the media. However, the Saudi killing is covered by the Left wing media, who also helped murder those journalists in Europe, because of Trumps financial ties to the Saudi Prince, and the Left's hope that the Saudi regime will fall in favor of a more Left wing radical regime that will make war with Israel. Not only that, cutting off the Saudi oil supply to the US is a wet dream by the Left.

Pretty simple really.

Journalists have been being murdered at an increasing rate for a while now...there is no discernible left/right bias as a cause. Many of these reporters have been killed in Russia...reporting on Putin and the oligarchs..many others have been killed in Mexico and Central America. Reporting on corruption--political or financial, (if there's a difference--LOL!), is a dangerous job.

As for the spin you are choosing to put on it--sorry--you went way too far with your suppositions--as well as making the common error of thinking that the 'left' has some sort of deep agenda vis-a-vis Israel. Always amusing to see the left portrayed as anti-Israel, given the number of Jews who are prominent in those circles..and the Zionist tag that so many on the Right put on those to the Left.

Not really sure just where you get the idea that cutting off the Saudi oil supply is an agenda item for the left..toppling the repressive woman-hating regime currently in power does seem like a good idea to many..but only a fool would think that the oil will not flow..regardless of who is in power.

The media is driving this bus...because they DO hate Trump..and he hates them right back..he made this war..so now we all get to put up with the slanted reportage and chicken-little editorial style that both sides are prone to.

then:
Obama’s War on the Media

You are only hand wringing because you're pretending to seem non-partisan. It's clear you aren't and it comes off as completely flat and insincere. I say this with confidence because you're calling out Obama and Obama only, whom I thought was horrible with transparency and the press.

Yet, you fail to mention The Orange Virus has ratcheted up his rhetoric 1000%, including calling for violence and inciting a war with the nation's free press. The shit this scum vomits from his fat maw on the daily is getting people killed. It's clear you've already taken a side on this and given your personal "OK" stamp on Orange Virus' actions regarding the press. There's no credibility to your words and to a moderate it is 'fake news'.
oh i'm sorry - ORANGE MAN BAD - I'M NEUTRAL!!!

forgive me for not noticing your unbiased bullshit more quickly.

Pretty simple really.

then:
Obama’s War on the Media

I think a beer summit is in order. Afterwards if any journalists are BEHEADED on video I think we should show our disdain by golfing. If that isn't successful we should start a hashtag campaign #bringbackourjournalists

then:
Obama’s War on the Media

oh i'm sorry - ORANGE MAN BAD - I'M NEUTRAL!!!

forgive me for not noticing your unbiased bullshit more quickly.

Your bullshit doesn't sound very neutral.

Trashing a man who was murdered while his fiancée was waiting outside....regardless of politics is just sick. It’s no surprise that only Trump supporters are the ones taking part in the sick exercise. Just when you think these turds have hit bottom, you realize there is likely no bottom for Trumps filthy supporters

Trashing a man who was murdered while his fiancée was waiting outside....regardless of politics is just sick. It’s no surprise that only Trump supporters are the ones taking part in the sick exercise. Just when you think these turds have hit bottom, you realize there is likely no bottom for Trumps filthy supporters

Trashing the reputations of men is bad?

You mean like Kav?

Surely you don't mean that.

You mean like Kav?

That was a silly and not surprisingly stupid analogy

You mean like Kav?

That was a silly and not surprisingly stupid analogy

Why?

Also, when did I trash anyone on this thread?

When they lie from the time they get to work until they go home they are no longer journalists...they are propagandist.....and they have crossed the line from friend to foe.....

Forum List

Back