Jonathan Turley believes we are spiraling into a French Revolution type of civil breakdown

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I put this directly at the feet of Gen Z and Milennials. If we end up in the streets and truly at war with each other, it will be due to their lack of tolerance of anyone elses opinions.

Can this American version of the French Revolution bring change?

Jean Paul Marat, one of the main leaders of the French Revolution, once mocked the notion that liberty would be established by his fellow rebels. He said, “Apart from a few tragic scenes, the French Revolution has been nothing but a web of farcical scenes.” This sounds familiar today.

Welcome to the American version of the French Revolution. The horrible killing of George Floyd sparked an important focus on race relations and justice in this country. However, it is being lost to an emerging radicalism that challenges people to prove their faith by endorsing farce. Politicians and commentators are outdoing each other to demonstrate fealty to this new order by attacking key institutions and values. Politicians are calling to defund the police and commentators are calling for censorship. Most moderate voices seem to be fading under escalating demands.

I put this directly at the feet of Gen Z and Milennials. If we end up in the streets and truly at war with each other, it will be due to their lack of tolerance of anyone elses opinions.

Jean Paul Marat, one of the main leaders of the French Revolution, once mocked the notion that liberty would be established by his fellow rebels. He said, “Apart from a few tragic scenes, the French Revolution has been nothing but a web of farcical scenes.” This sounds familiar today.

Welcome to the American version of the French Revolution. The horrible killing of George Floyd sparked an important focus on race relations and justice in this country. However, it is being lost to an emerging radicalism that challenges people to prove their faith by endorsing farce. Politicians and commentators are outdoing each other to demonstrate fealty to this new order by attacking key institutions and values. Politicians are calling to defund the police and commentators are calling for censorship. Most moderate voices seem to be fading under escalating demands.

I've been drawing the same comparison for over a year. That being said . . . we're not quite there yet. We haven't quite descended into French Revolution level open depravity and violence, but we're not much more than a hair's breadth away. All it's gonna take is another national spark or two to set off the kiloton of dynamite that is modern American inter-political tension and BOOM—we're seeing mass murder of babies and children of each others' political enemies and mass guillotining by BLM or Antifa. No one seems to care that history is repeating right before our very eyes.

Those that are at the center of the "revolution" should well remember that even Robespierre met with Madame Guillotine.

No we aren't , because Democrats in DC are much too clever for that. They have spent decades dumbing down Americans to the point where they can convince enough of them that people who have been in political power for 40 years are not responsible for the problems this country has had for 40 years, and instead it's all racism/sexism/blah blah blah caused by the guy who's been in office for 3 years.

In a French style Revolution, rioters wouldn't burn down Autozones and Wendy's stores. They would show up at the Capital and hang Nancy Pelosi , Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, Jerry Nadler, Lindsey Graham and every other clown in DC who's been in office 20 years or more, maybe even 10 years or more.

One of the more absurd conjectures to be heard among many. Conditions in the U.S. are absolutely nothing like France at the end of the 18th century. They are nothing like Russia in 1917, nothing like China, nothing like America was when it had its "revolution", which was actually a war of national liberation rather than a true revolution.
All those real revolutions were because most people didn't have enough. America's problem is that it has too much.

No we aren't , because Democrats in DC are much too clever for that. They have spent decades dumbing down Americans to the point where they can convince enough of them that people who have been in political power for 40 years are not responsible for the problems this country has had for 40 years, and instead it's all racism/sexism/blah blah blah caused by the guy who's been in office for 3 years.

In a French style Revolution, rioters wouldn't burn down Autozones and Wendy's stores. They would show up at the Capital and hang Nancy Pelosi , Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, Jerry Nadler, Lindsey Graham and every other clown in DC who's been in office 20 years or more, maybe even 10 years or more.

While you make a couple of great points I'd say the mob is working itself up to doing exactly what you describe. However, the leftist political cults of our day have been duped or rather conditioned for decades to believe the opposite of truth—to believe Republicans alone have for many years been putting the final touches on some Byzantine civilizational architecture that's racist to the core. The French Revolution was about tearing down the Church and Monarchy and all associated nobility who had for centuries both oppressed the everyman and colluded with the Church and King to maintain traditions of economic desperation. The radical new philosophical and scientific ideas that drove the FR are eerily similar to postmodernist ideology of our day. Further, during the FR local civilian infrastructure was widely targeted for destruction, which we're seeing at this very moment.

One of the more absurd conjectures to be heard among many. Conditions in the U.S. are absolutely nothing like France at the end of the 18th century. They are nothing like Russia in 1917, nothing like China, nothing like America was when it had its "revolution", which was actually a war of national liberation rather than a true revolution.
All those real revolutions were because most people didn't have enough. America's problem is that it has too much.

I disagree. An entire sizeable demographic of our citizenry seems to believe it does not "have enough" or rather as much as everyone else. Further, one cannot deny or ignore the radical and often violent leftist ideology that's driving the narrative of oppressed black America. No revolution is identical to another, however, there are always similarities. It's those similarities we need to worry about.

Not the French Revolution. This is a replay of the Chinese cultural revolution. Exactly. Rid the country of the same four olds. Old customs. Old culture. Old habits. Old ideas. That's why the central committee democrats are erasing our history. Blm is our version of the Red Guard.

In that case maybe I'd better sit down and make up a list. If you're a leftie, maybe you'll make my list. Think about it.

This shit will only last until good Americans stand-up and put it down.

Oh, no! no! no!'

Mr. Turley has to be wrong. Please!

I am 83 years old.

The COVID-19 lockdown has been traumatic enough.
The Insurrection of three weeks ago was depressing enough.

Don't tell me that we are going to have -- before I die --even a French-style Revolution with a reign of terror!

This is the United States of America.

Bloody revolutions happen in other countries.

Surely not here.

Please!

I seriously doubt that a "French Revolution" would succeed here, since one side has all the guns, and the other side would rush the guillotine to cut their own peckers off!!!

All that's needed to light the spark is Cloris Leachman......... :eusa_whistle:

I think at this point, a class action lawsuit to bar parties from participating in the election
unless they resolve all complaints of misrepresentation in the media first,
would get lots of diverse support, even from people of one party suing to bar another party.
Collectively all would be barred if we went after every case of media misrepresentation.

All that's needed to light the spark is Cloris Leachman......... :eusa_whistle:

I think at this point, a class action lawsuit to bar parties from participating in the election
unless they resolve all complaints of misrepresentation in the media first,
would get lots of diverse support, even from people of one party suing to bar another party.
Collectively all would be barred if we went after every case of media misrepresentation.
You thought I was being serious....... :rofl:

I seriously doubt that a "French Revolution" would succeed here, since one side has all the guns, and the other side would rush the guillotine to cut their own peckers off!!!

Well the real difference is we wouldn't drop the guns on the ground and throw our hands in the air.

John turley is a fear-mongering right wing idiot. On the other hand if the inequality keeps growing like this for another 20 years he might be right-wing idiot..... The GOP is the lying scumbag giveaway to the rich swamp.

Forum List

Back