Jon Corzine leads campany to bankruptcy, resigns and hires attourneys

Abramoff!

Halliburton!!!

Wall Street greed runs a world in need!

(Trying to get Progressives interested in the thread?

Well how could this happen?

A Democrat..... Let me repeat that A DEMOCRAT led another one of our institutions down the tubes. 20 months after taking over the firm goes belly up. This bankruptcy is the nations 7th largest in history.
I thought democrats knew what we needed after the financial collapse? It's nuts. Many are saying he single handidly destroyed this company with his reckless vision.

MF Global CEO Jon Corzine resigns under fire | Reuters

Snip-

The New York-based company's decline accelerated last week after it revealed more details about this exposure, posted a larger-than-expected quarterly loss, and was downgraded by major credit rating agencies to "junk" status.

U.S. regulators, meanwhile, are conducting a broad review of the company's business as they try to track down more than $600 million of missing customer money.

Madoff was a lifelong Democrat too. The (D) Wingnuts only feign outrage over this kind of stuff when an (R) is involved. Don't expect CNN,NBC,or the NY Times to cover this one too much. I hear Pelosi is in some hot water too over some corrupt financial dealings. The MSM will try to keep this stuff quiet as much as possible. Don't expect a feak out like they did over Abramoff. Same ole same ole in the end.

Last edited:
The "street" operates by investing in European debt? Really? Amazing that I've had investments in various markets for 25 years now. Not once did I make such an investment.

Yeah..sure does. It invests in all sorts of zany things. You ever take a look at the Options Market? Futures? Funds? It's like legalized gambling..except if you win you aren't always assured a payoff.

I've made excellent returns in options and futures, but always in conjunction with a well diversified portfolio with a range of investments, from the ultra safe to the somewhat risky. My point is that Corzine is so wed to the idea of bailouts that he bet the house on it. That is not a diversified strategy and again, he should fail.

I think he took a big risk..hoping for big rewards. The company was over leveraged in the first place. And here's the thing..nobody would be complaining if he won. It's like the old saying goes, success has many fathers..failure is a lonely orphan.

The "street" operates by investing in European debt? Really? Amazing that I've had investments in various markets for 25 years now. Not once did I make such an investment.

Yeah..sure does. It invests in all sorts of zany things. You ever take a look at the Options Market? Futures? Funds? It's like legalized gambling..except if you win you aren't always assured a payoff.

Really?

Firms can take customer money like Corzine did and invest it in all zany things?

Are you sure?

No, they cannot.

It is against regulations for an Investment Firm to utilize customer assets as a means to cover their own costs/debt, or to be utilized outside of regulatory rules.

What i think happened, is that MF Global positioned themselves in a highly leveraged upside bet (in European debt), when their position switched to a down-side, the margin calls started coming in, and instead of closing out their position(s), they instead utilized customer assets to cover said calls. This is illegal.

I've made excellent returns in options and futures, but always in conjunction with a well diversified portfolio with a range of investments, from the ultra safe to the somewhat risky. My point is that Corzine is so wed to the idea of bailouts that he bet the house on it. That is not a diversified strategy and again, he should fail.

I think he took a big risk..hoping for big rewards. The company was over leveraged in the first place. And here's the thing..nobody would be complaining if he won. It's like the old saying goes, success has many fathers..failure is a lonely orphan.

All true.

Just to be clear however, I'm not complaining as long as I'm not asked to bail these guys out. Their risk, their reward...or failure. Not my problem.

Really?

Firms can take customer money like Corzine did and invest it in all zany things?

Are you sure?

Yeah..they do crazy things like bundle sub-prime loans into derivatives and offer them up as grade A financial products. Just ask the S&P. Top notch..dude...top notch.

You keep saying you worked "on Wall Street" and yet you seem to have less than a vague notion about anything we're discussing.

What does illegally co-mingling clients funds have to do with how Fannie and Freddie conducted themselves?

You know I always hear you guys bray about when a conservative is accused everyone should "cool" down and wait on the results of the investigation. The converse is true when a liberal is accused. Instant guilt.

Funny that.

All true.

Just to be clear however, I'm not complaining as long as I'm not asked to bail these guys out. Their risk, their reward...or failure. Not my problem.

Yep. Hope that's the case.

Jon Corzine,Hero of the Anti-Business Wingnut Democrats. Kind of makes you chuckle. :)

You know that co-mingling is illegal, right?

Yeah..they do crazy things like bundle sub-prime loans into derivatives and offer them up as grade A financial products. Just ask the S&P. Top notch..dude...top notch.

You keep saying you worked "on Wall Street" and yet you seem to have less than a vague notion about anything we're discussing.

What does illegally co-mingling clients funds have to do with how Fannie and Freddie conducted themselves?

You know I always hear you guys bray about when a conservative is accused everyone should "cool" down and wait on the results of the investigation. The converse is true when a liberal is accused. Instant guilt.

Funny that.

When it's already reported that he moved money back into customer accounts before the auditors came then moved it back to hip pocket immediately after?

Yeah, he's toast and commingled.

Excess leverage causes socialized losses & privatized gains. Just like home owners who have no skin in the game with no money down. Banks & Wallstreet should not be allowed to bet more than their collateral or they can pay themselves. When their losses exceed their ability to pay it compromises the entire financial system & screws the responsible citizens. But it sounds like you condone that behavior.

BREAKING NEWS: Just reported that this President has chosen Corzine to replace GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt as his Jobs Czar. Seriously,why aren't the "Occupiers" occupying Washington?

What he did is illegal. That doesn't seem to bother you when the person breaking the law is a Democrat.

What he did is illegal. That doesn't seem to bother you when the person breaking the law is a Democrat.

It's never anything more than a blip on the radar to most of them.

Time to occupy Corzine's front yard. Orange Jumpsuit time for this shady Democrat.

Wait a second, this guy was a highly paid CEO. What's the beef here? He was hired to do a job, and was paid his fair worth, I'm sure. And no doubt, he did nothing shady or unethical in his business practices and we should all just leave this business alone, give them their bailout, and move on with life so that they can create new jobs.

Forum List

Back