Jon Corzine Raised $500,000 For Obama...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
According the Barack Obama's 2012 campaign website, Jon Corzine of Hoboken, New Jersey raised at least $500,000 for the president's reelection effort.

Corzine, of course, has most recently been in the news for being on the wrong side of a $6.3 billion bet as head of MF Global. "MF Global filed for bankruptcy on October 31, after $6.3 billion in risky bets on European sovereign debt spooked investors and an effort to sell the company failed," Reuters reported. "Investigators are searching for as much as $1.2 billion in missing customer money, which regulators said the company may have diverted for its own needs."

Later, Corzine admitted he could not account for the $1.2 billion.

At one point, Corzine was once considered a possible candidate for secretary of the Treasury Department. "President Obama once hailed [Corzine] as an 'honorable man' and one of his 'best partners' in the White House," ABC reported.

Corzine's fundraising puts the former Goldman Sachs CEO and disgraced banker in the highest category of bundlers in terms of dollars raised. But he most likely won't be a resident of Hoboken for much longer. "The scandal-hit former MF Global chief has put his penthouse condo along the Hudson on the block for $2.9 million," the New York Post reported today. "That’s a 12 percent drop compared to the $3.3 million he paid for his high-end Hoboken bachelor pad just three years earlier."

Jon Corzine Raised $500,000 for Obama | The Weekly Standard
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
corzineobama2.jpg

"You needed $1Billion your campaign, guess how much I have in MF Clients money?"

So much for his "I don't know where the money is" mantra.

Now i'm just very interested in finding out if Obama funneled any Tax Dollars to Corzine's MF Global. I think it's very important we find out.

Abramoff!

Halliburton!!!

Culture of Corruption!

Most Ethical and transparent Administration Evah!!

Sixty percent of Obama funds come from big-money bundlers.

President Obama raised more than $55 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 for his reelection bid, $21 million of which came through a channel that allowed it to raise money from wealthy donors in chunks of more than $30,000.

At least $18 million of that haul came from just 150 new bundlers, which the campaign has attempted to brand as “volunteer fundraisers.”

About one-third came from people giving $200 or less in the fourth quarter. Small donors make up one-fifth of the Obama reelection money so far.

While the Obama campaign has consistently touted its grassroots, small-donor fundraising appeal, the reach of the tentacles of a few hundred Hollywood executives and financial moguls is astonishing.

Of $120 million raised in 2011, 445 bundlers gathered at least $75 million for Mr. Obama, and likely much more.

Among the new bundlers are Marilyn Katz, a Chicago public relations consultant who was a member of the radical Students for Democratic Society (SDS) in the 1960, Thomas McLarty, a onetime chief of staff to former president Bill Clinton; Eva Longoria, an actress who appears on “Desperate Housewives,” and Bettylu Saltzman, a heiress and longtime supporter of Obama.

Mr. Obama’s list of bundlers is significant, in part, because of the sheer amount of money that can be traced to a few, but also because his competitors will release no such list.

Bundlers are often executives, lobbyists or hedge fund managers who collect far more money than they could personally give under campaign finance laws. Mr. Obama has pledged not to accept bundled contributions from lobbyists.

More:
Sixty percent of Obama funds come from big-money bundlers - Washington Times

I don't care about any of this stuff, whether it is done by the democrats or republican.

You know why? Because I don't care.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcsJCylQRx0]Pelosi Promised Democrats Will Have Most Honest & Ethical Congress-- Lies and Liars - YouTube[/ame]

I believe in campaign finance reform.

I believe CU v. FEC is a threat to our nation's democratic principles.

I believe the echo chamber is filled with hypocrites.

#14 (permalink) Today, 08:28 AM
Wry Catcher
Member #20297 Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked 1,491 Times in 1,143 Posts

I believe partisan hacks ought to be held in contempt for libelous comments (a shout out to the OP).

#14 (permalink) Today, 08:28 AM
Wry Catcher
Member #20297 Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked 1,491 Times in 1,143 Posts

I believe partisan hacks ought to be held in contempt for libelous comments (a shout out to the OP).

Yeah, you go on defending that P.O.S. Piss off dummy.

Forum List

Back