John Wicke 2

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
There is only so much reality you can suspend.
The violence in the movie was beyond gratuitous. Ridiculous.
Also if you are wearing bullet proof fabric, the bullet may not penetrate, but you are still getting hit by a piece of metal traveling 2,500 feet per second.
In one scene John single handily kills close to 50 brainless automaton "bad guys" with two handguns while getting shot dozens of times with hand guns and automatic rifles.
Not to mention getting stabbed with a 5-6 inch tactical knife in the thigh...and it merely makes him limp a little.

Oh...and if you get hit head on by a 3,000 lb. car hard enough to send you flying into a wall...you can't just get back up and continue to punch the hell out of "bad guys".

Dumbest movie I have seen this year.

There is only so much reality you can suspend.
The violence in the movie was beyond gratuitous. Ridiculous.
Also if you are wearing bullet proof fabric, the bullet may not penetrate, but you are still getting hit by a piece of metal traveling 2,500 feet per second.
In one scene John single handily kills close to 50 brainless automaton "bad guys" with two handguns while getting shot dozens of times with hand guns and automatic rifles.
Not to mention getting stabbed with a 5-6 inch tactical knife in the thigh...and it merely makes him limp a little.

Oh...and if you get hit head on by a 3,000 lb. car hard enough to send you flying into a wall...you can't just get back up and continue to punch the hell out of "bad guys".

Dumbest movie I have seen this year.
did you get a noise bleed with all that action?....just asking.....

I never even watched the whole first one. I watched up to the point where the bad guys killed his little puppy, and then I changed the channel. I cannot watch animals or children be tortured or killed, even if it is "just a movie." :(

Dumb movie. If it takes more than a hundred armed men to stop a guy in a garage something is wrong. They are trying to outdo the last action hero movie and no believability to it anymore.

First mistake.

You are watching a movie for believability.

It is entertainment. Sit back and be entertained without trying to push the movie into a box of your making.

All movies, even documentaries, are fantasies of some sort.

First mistake.

It is entertainment. Sit back and be entertained without trying to push the movie into a box of your making.

No joke? No such thing as taking it to ridiculous levels? I like some believability otherwise it's just a cartoon.

First mistake.

No joke? No such thing as taking it to ridiculous levels? I like some believability otherwise it's just a cartoon.
No joke. There isn't a movie made that is believable. The first John Wick wasn't, why would you think the second one would be? I watched both and enjoyed them. Didn't need to have a running dialog with Myself on what was and what was not possible.

Hell, if it had to be believable, none of the Marvel series would have been any good. None of the Star Trek, none of the Star Wars, none of the Tolkien movies.

Movies and entertainment is escapism. Accept it.

First mistake.

No joke. There isn't a movie made that is believable. The first John Wick wasn't, why would you think the second one would be? I watched both and enjoyed them. Didn't need to have a running dialog with Myself on what was and what was not possible.

Hell, if it had to be believable, none of the Marvel series would have been any good. None of the Star Trek, none of the Star Wars, none of the Tolkien movies.

Accept it? LOL, damn, don't get butthurt over it. FYI many moves are made believable. They are made for grownups.

Really Darkwind?
Obviously when you watch just about any movie you have to suspend reality.
Yeah...we pretty much know Dath Vader is not real. :rolleyes:
In the world the movie creates for you - it needs to be believable.
In Star Wars, if Darth Vader suddenly started eating a popsicle while singing "The Hills are Alive with Music"...it would kind of ruin the setting now wouldn't it??

It's sorta like the gun thing for me. If a pistol holds 1,000 rounds I consider it a comedy and just watch the special effects. Grownup movies will draw you in and you get absorbed in the story. It's like the difference between a good novel and a comic book.

Too many movies these days are comic books and I think it's a sad reflection of our society where growing up is considered passe.

so i was right?.....too much action for you?.....for a righty you sure come off as a pussy ice....

DZn2Qhd.jpg

Really Darkwind?
Obviously when you watch just about any movie you have to suspend reality.
Yeah...we pretty much know Dath Vader is not real. :rolleyes:
In the world the movie creates for you - it needs to be believable.
In Star Wars, if Darth Vader suddenly started eating a popsicle while singing "The Hills are Alive with Music"...it would kind of ruin the setting now wouldn't it??
So, the first clue (John Wick) wasn't enough for you to think, "Wow, that was unbelievable". It was for Me. The next movie does the same and now you want to complain that its not believable.

Understand now?

None of it is believable. All movies require you to suspend belief. What you describe with Darth Vader is a character going out of character. In John Wick 2, the character is some super badass killer who cannot be stopped. That is in character with the first movie.

Y'all need to take Hollywood and their product as entertainment and leave it at that. A movie goes over the top, then just enjoy it.

It's sorta like the gun thing for me. If a pistol holds 1,000 rounds I consider it a comedy and just watch the special effects. Grownup movies will draw you in and you get absorbed in the story. It's like the difference between a good novel and a comic book.

Too many movies these days are comic books and I think it's a sad reflection of our society where growing up is considered passe.
I agree. A good story is required to draw a person into the world they are trying to create. However, that is usually known up front by the type of movie.

No on thinks that the Fast and the Furious is believable so we go into those movies wanting to be wowed by the CGI. The same with John Wick. I went into both movies with the idea of being wowed by the action. Knowing from the first movie this was going to be like all those old martial arts movies from the 70's, I was just going to see a lot of choreographed action and fight scenes.

I agree. A good story is required to draw a person into the world they are trying to create. However, that is usually known up front by the type of movie.

No on thinks that the Fast and the Furious is believable so we go into those movies wanting to be wowed by the CGI. The same with John Wick. I went into both movies with the idea of being wowed by the action. Knowing from the first movie this was going to be like all those old martial arts movies from the 70's, I was just going to see a lot of choreographed action and fight scenes.
The old kung-fu movies were a joke and so is this wick movie. Your wow is my Jesus this is stupid.

The old kung-fu movies were a joke and so is this wick movie. Your wow is my Jesus this is stupid.
Suit yourself. Knowing exactly what the first movie was, I would not have expected anything less from the second. That's that last thing I'll have to say on the whole topic.

Suit yourself. Knowing exactly what the first movie was, I would not have expected anything less from the second. That's that last thing I'll have to say on the whole topic.

The first movie at least had a plot, and the first movie was 3 times as good as this one.

Forum List

Back