John Walker Lindh.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Crixus, May 23, 2019.

  1. Crixus
    Offline

    Crixus Gold Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015
    Messages:
    19,385
    Thanks Received:
    1,759
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    BFE Texas.
    Ratings:
    +11,788
    So he is out. He did his time, 85% of it anyway and now he is a pseudo free man. Lots of hubub on the alphabet networks. Many are appalled, yet no one points out the fact that people who are much worse get let out just like he did. Meh, the way I see it the man did his time. He has the other 15% of his sentence to serve, will likely have a parole officer to report to and all that. I say whatever. He did his time and payed his debt.
     
  2. Tipsycatlover
    Offline

    Tipsycatlover Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2016
    Messages:
    32,357
    Thanks Received:
    5,930
    Trophy Points:
    1,170
    Ratings:
    +40,137
    He has spent his time preaching jihad. He claims that he will go back to jihad as soon as possible. He will kill first chance he gets. He will keep killing. He's insane.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. MarathonMike
    Offline

    MarathonMike Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Messages:
    13,109
    Thanks Received:
    4,026
    Trophy Points:
    390
    Location:
    The Southwestern Desert
    Ratings:
    +23,607
    If you let Lindh go, then release the American Vets imprisoned for killing the enemy.
     
  4. Dogmaphobe
    Offline

    Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2014
    Messages:
    12,364
    Thanks Received:
    2,811
    Trophy Points:
    1,095
    Location:
    Or uh gun
    Ratings:
    +16,431
    ….and then the cage match, right?
     
  5. Death Angel
    Offline

    Death Angel Gold Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2016
    Messages:
    20,313
    Thanks Received:
    4,474
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Ratings:
    +22,724
    He is an unrepentant terrorist. This wont end well.
     
  6. strollingbones
    Offline

    strollingbones Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
    Messages:
    85,049
    Thanks Received:
    18,694
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    chicken farm
    Ratings:
    +54,491
    so many different forms of treason
     
  7. georgephillip
    Offline

    georgephillip Platinum Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2009
    Messages:
    30,725
    Thanks Received:
    1,622
    Trophy Points:
    1,090
    Location:
    Los Angeles, California
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    "Who is John Walker Lindh?

    "Born in Washington DC in 1981 and named after John Lennon, Lindh was raised a Catholic.

    "He dropped out of school and converted to Islam at the age of 16, moving to Yemen the next year to learn Arabic.

    "In 2000, he went to study in Pakistan and eventually travelled to Afghanistan in May 2001 to join the Taliban

    "US forces captured and arrested Lindh shortly after the invasion of the country in the wake of the September 11 attacks.

    "'Had I realised then what I know now about the Taliban, I would never have joined them,' Lindh said during his sentencing in 2002, on a charge of aiding the Islamist militant group.

    "Is Lindh still an extremist?

    "There are concerns that Lindh has not abandoned his extremism.

    "Foreign Policy magazine published US government documents in 2017 stating that the prisoner 'continued to advocate for global jihad and to write and translate violent extremist texts'.

    "And in March last year, Lindh 'told a television news producer that he would continue to spread violent extremist Islam upon his release', the documents allege.

    "More recently, The Atlantic magazine's journalist Graeme Wood wrote letters to Lindh while he was behind bars and describes him as 'unrepentant'.

    "'His more than 17 years in captivity seem, on the basis of this correspondence, to have converted Lindh from an al-Qaeda supporter to an Islamic State supporter,' Mr Wood wrote."

    Anger as 'American Taliban' released
     
  8. Jitss617
    Offline

    Jitss617 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2019
    Messages:
    8,471
    Thanks Received:
    726
    Trophy Points:
    255
    Ratings:
    +5,185
    I hope he walks down a nice rural Kentucky road with no cops around
     

Share This Page