John McCain slams Trump in Italy, recommits to America's role in world

Say what you want in America, criticism of the government is protected by the first amendment. But to go to another country and name the President in that criticism, why isn't that treason?

I don't see anything treasonous in his statements.
There used to be an unwritten rule about disparaging the president while overseas...

But that kind of vanished while Bush was president.

Say what you want in America, criticism of the government is protected by the first amendment. But to go to another country and name the President in that criticism, why isn't that treason?

There used to be an unwritten rule about disparaging the president while overseas...

Okay, but I still don't see what McCain said that is "disparaging." Everyone can agree that Trump's statements sometimes SEEM unfriendly to Europe and other trade partners/allies and conflict with careful diplomatic statements.

Republicans should have forced mccain to resign after the keating 5 scandal. mcain has no honor, no shame. Could be why he's so popular with today's demorats who didn't seem to mind having a corrupt p.o.s. like hilary as their candidate.

Okay, but I still don't see what McCain said that is "disparaging." Everyone can agree that Trump's statements sometimes SEEM unfriendly to Europe and other trade partners/allies and conflict with careful diplomatic statements.
Why did the coward wait to get to Italy to attack Trump?

Because everyone hates McCain in the US and he is looking for someplace in the world that will accept him.

We need Americans to go to Europe and show we are not all batshit crazy like Trump supporters

Forum List

Back