John Kyl: "That was not intended to be a factual statement"

Why the heck did he say it in the first place?

No clue. you'd have to ask him. But I have to give credit to people who correct themselves when they make mistakes.

He didn't correct himself because he thought it was the right thing to do..he corrected himself because he got caught in a boldfaced lie. And Kyl is constantly saying all sorts of outrageous things.

Given this..it wasn't like he apologized either. What he said, euphemistically, was that he meant to lie.

And doing so in the halls of congress is reprehensible.
The fact remains....it was still one o' those perfect, Republican.....

....moments!!!

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

529.gif

Last edited:
While I'm not taking sides it's amazing that he tries to "clear up" what he meant and yet the liberal go on a rampage attacking him...

If you hear someone say “You’re a fucking retard,” Do you think, that person doesn’t look retarded and is not having sex? No, because it’s a statement that is not meant to be taken fully and literally…

That's RIGHT, folks....you can enjoy THESE....and, many MORE....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]

....when you send for....

....TAP-DANCING REPUBLICANS
GONE WILD!!!!

bush_dance6.gif

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwhfhncPfM]YouTube - The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning[/ame]

:clap2:

While I'm not taking sides it's amazing that he tries to "clear up" what he meant and yet the liberal go on a rampage attacking him... Then these same liberals mention nothing of Obama saying no ground troops will be going into Libya only to send them in days later.

Yes, 1 is only a war where the US kills people... Make sure you attack a guy for saying "it was not meant to be taken literally." Kind of like the hypocritical fucks on this very thread saying sweeping statements like....

"You intended a Republican to say something that was a fact? Ha!" ~JFK_USA
“If Republicans weren't lying...they'd have nothing to say.” ~ MarcATL
“Why do Republicans and Conservatives need to lie?” ~Wry Catcher
“Not intended to be a factual statement Means...I intended to lie” ~Rightwinger

Point is, not one of these direct quotes holds an ouce of truth or in other words “can’t be taken as a factual statement.”

If you hear someone say “You’re a fucking retard,” Do you think, that person doesn’t look retarded and is not having sex? No, because it’s a statement that is not meant to be taken fully and literally…

Avory

Your analogy makes no sense. If he had spoken generically and said "A major part of their mission is abortion" He could be excused for not being factual. But when he glances at his paper and says "Over 90% of their mission is abortion" that implies research and was, in fact, an outright lie

Well, it could have been worse. Kyl wanted to say that 100% of PP's money went for abortions,

but his staff talked him out of it...

...they convinced him that would sound ridiculous.

:lol::lol::lol:

Kudos for him actually admitting that it wasnt factual.

Why the heck did he say it in the first place?

No clue. you'd have to ask him. But I have to give credit to people who correct themselves when they make mistakes.

That's not what he did. Admitting that his intention was to lie is a far cry from admitting he made a mistake,

unless you think he was admitting that it was a mistake to LIE.

Last edited:
Seems his 90% quote was SLIGHTLY off LOLOL
Stephen Colbert's 'not factual' hashtagging – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Stephen Colbert's 'not factual' hashtagging

It was a remark seemingly made for late-night TV comics: Sen. Jon Kyl's claim that abortion is "well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does."

When the actual figure turned out to be 3%, his office released a statement clarifying that Kyl's figure was "not intended to be a factual statement."

Let me get this straight....

The Republicans in here are saying or suggesting that Kyle DID NOT, in fact, lie?

Is that it?

While I'm not taking sides it's amazing that he tries to "clear up" what he meant and yet the liberal go on a rampage attacking him... Then these same liberals mention nothing of Obama saying no ground troops will be going into Libya only to send them in days later.

Yes, 1 is only a war where the US kills people... Make sure you attack a guy for saying "it was not meant to be taken literally." Kind of like the hypocritical fucks on this very thread saying sweeping statements like....

Point is, not one of these direct quotes holds an ouce of truth or in other words “can’t be taken as a factual statement.”

What the hell are you talking about?

I never said there wouldn't be troops on the ground.

Many did, RW for instance... Secondly I'd like to point out you had nothing to say about the direct Quote where you lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's wrong, got you shit owned to hard? OPS! Maybe you're a Republican and that's what I missed!

Far RW reactionary fringers like Avorysuds only compound the COLOSSAL LIES the Republicans are notorious for with even more lies trying to dimish and/or exuse it.

CLASSIC!

:lol:
lol

Huh... Soooo, like what make me "Far rightwing?" No really, I need to know... maybe you just got your shit owned and that's the best you could come up with. Didn't like me quoting you making sweeping general statement that could only be proven wrong if one were to look into it?

Avory

Your analogy makes no sense. If he had spoken generically and said "A major part of their mission is abortion" He could be excused for not being factual. But when he glances at his paper and says "Over 90% of their mission is abortion" that implies research and was, in fact, an outright lie

First it does not change the fact that you low lives did exactly what you condemned this guy for. Secondly as much as I know about the story (and I REALLY don't care about this small time BS) he comes out to "clear" up what he meant as to be a exaggerated remark not to be taken literally... I simply pointed out VERY recent examples of you fat bitchs doing the SAME FUCKING THING.

Of course, if you, Obama or any Democrat does it it's not the same thing right? Go ahead RW, it's not as if any person the posts or reads these boards knows you guys as anything but the fringe left *I fucking love the fuckin fuk outa Obama* supporters.

I'm sorry my easy to understand direct quotes are too much for you lying scum bags to understand... Really, it's full on sad panda that you're that far gone as feverish partisan hacks.

The Republicans in here are saying or suggesting that Kyle DID NOT, in fact, lie?

Is that it?

No, in fact you're absolutely wrong. Many Republicans here are saying he addicted to a sweeping exaggerated statement that when questioned he added more context to. Not a single person here was saying the supported him, just that he at least came forward to give more context to something he said, something that became popular to attack.

How’s all 3 of them wars Obama has either started, lied about ending or expanded that have helped kill tens of thousands of people, MarcATL? He still you #1 pick for 2012?

Is that it?

No, in fact you're absolutely wrong. Many Republicans here are saying he addicted to a sweeping exaggerated statement that when questioned he added more context to. Not a single person here was saying the supported him, just that he at least came forward to give more context to something he said, something that became popular to attack.

How’s all 3 of them wars Obama has either started, lied about ending or expanded that have helped kill tens of thousands of people, MarcATL? He still you #1 pick for 2012?

I haven't seen ONE of you people state he outright LIED.

Look at what you just stated "a sweeping exaggerated statement."

Say he lied, because that's EXACTLY what he did.

Until then...you're all a bunch of jokers.

P.S. - This thread ISN'T about Obama BTW

Last edited:

Is that it?

Avory

First it does not change the fact that you low lives did exactly what you condemned this guy for. Secondly as much as I know about the story (and I REALLY don't care about this small time BS) he comes out to "clear" up what he meant as to be a exaggerated remark not to be taken literally... I simply pointed out VERY recent examples of you fat bitchs doing the SAME FUCKING THING.

Of course, if you, Obama or any Democrat does it it's not the same thing right? Go ahead RW, it's not as if any person the posts or reads these boards knows you guys as anything but the fringe left *I fucking love the fuckin fuk outa Obama* supporters.

I'm sorry my easy to understand direct quotes are too much for you lying scum bags to understand... Really, it's full on sad panda that you're that far gone as feverish partisan hacks.

The thread is about Kyl not Obama

Where did Kyle say he was exaggerating or it wasn't to be taken literally

90% is a literal statistic. It implies some statistical link to reality. 90% is not an exaggeration of 3% ....It is an outright lie that he got caught in

All he needed to do was say "My numbers were wrong" and it would be over. His "Not intended to be a factual statement" makes him the butt of late night comedy....deservedly so

Forum List

Back