John Kerry calls Daniel Ellsberg a patriot, and is then smacked down by him

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
John Kerry was in my mind Wednesday morning, and not because he had called me a patriot on NBC News. I was reading the lead story in the New York Times – "US Troops to Leave Afghanistan by End of 2016" – with a photo of American soldiers looking for caves. I recalled not the Secretary of State but a 27-year-old Kerry, asking, as he testified to the Senate about the US troops who were still in Vietnam and were to remain for another two years: How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

I wondered how a 70-year-old Kerry would relate to that question as he looked at that picture and that headline. And then there he was on MSNBC an hour later, thinking about me, too, during a round of interviews about Afghanistan that inevitably turned to Edward Snowden ahead of my fellow whistleblower’s own primetime interview that night:

There are many a patriot – you can go back to the Pentagon Papers with Dan Ellsberg and others who stood and went to the court system of America and made their case. Edward Snowden is a coward, he is a traitor, and he has betrayed his country. And if he wants to come home tomorrow to face the music, he can do so.

On the Today show and CBS, Kerry complimented me again – and said Snowden "should man up and come back to the United States" to face charges. But John Kerry is wrong, because that's not the measure of patriotism when it comes to whistleblowing, for me or Snowden, who is facing the same criminal charges I did for exposing the Pentagon Papers.

Daniel Ellsberg: Snowden would not get a fair trial ? and Kerry is wrong | Comment is free | theguardian.com

How clueless can John Kerry possibly be?

This is sarcasm, I assume; narcissistic sociopaths like Kerry are completely clueless, but that's a choice they make.

I'm still laughing at his 'Peace Mission To The Middle East', wherein he attention whores as pretending to be 'genuinely concerned' about negotiating a 'solution' to something or other.

This is sarcasm, I assume; narcissistic sociopaths like Kerry are completely clueless, but that's a choice they make.

I'm still laughing at his 'Peace Mission To The Middle East', wherein he attention whores as pretending to be 'genuinely concerned' about negotiating a 'solution' to something or other.

I don't know that I agree with the idea that all narcissistic sociopaths, which is an accurate description, in government are clueless, but John Kerry clearly is.

John Kerry is a disgusting opportunist for his sideshow antics during the Vietnam War, which he did purely to make a name for himself. Amazingly the foolish voters of MA bought his BS repeatedly.

He is the poster child for why our government is a complete failure...proof that the worst among us becomes powerful politicians.

Snowden is a hero. Kerry is a dumb ass fool who should be delivering pizzas.

John Kerry is a disgusting opportunist for his sideshow antics during the Vietnam War, which he did purely to make a name for himself. Amazingly the foolish voters of MA bought his BS repeatedly.

He is the poster child for why our government is a complete failure...proof that the worst among us becomes powerful politicians.

Most people wouldn't want their pizzas thrown over their...... (cue da drumroll......) fence !

Let's not insult the people who deliver pizzas. They do productive, honest work. The same can not be said for John Kerry.

Let's not insult the people who deliver pizzas. They do productive, honest work. The same can not be said for John Kerry.

Very true...but I much prefer that he deliver pizzas rather than screw up the nation and the world...but yes, he may not be qualified to deliver pizzas.

I have defended John Kerry over the Vietnam War thing. He may have been just trying to make a name for himself, but his intentions are impossible to tell.

That said.... Fuck John Kerry! In what deluded mind is opposing an unjust war patriotic, but opposing unjust spying policies is traitorous?

Very true...but I much prefer that he deliver pizzas rather than screw up the nation and the world...but yes, he may not be qualified to deliver pizzas.

Maybe if used only a bicycle and delivered only to people who liked cold pizza as much as they like cold ambassadors?

Does something a 27-year-old do still hold weight over him when he's 70?

I shudder to think that anything I've ever done as a youth would come up to own me later in life.

Does something a 27-year-old do still hold weight over him when he's 70?

I shudder to think that anything I've ever done as a youth would come up to own me later in life.
It should, if you still hold those same views.

Forum List

Back