John Kasich Kills The Old People Vote Single Handedly

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
What a talented wrecking crew the Republican part brings to voters. John Kasich basically told old people tough luck when discussing Social Security today. Doesn't anyone school these people? Don't they realize when you slap people that they're going to notice? Kasich doesn't deserve to lead, he deserves to be kicked into obscurity.

Washington (CNN)—"Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Friday that a New Hampshire audience member would "get over" cuts to Social Security payments as a result of his reform plan -- and the left is already pouncing on the comment.

-----------snip-----------

He asked audience members to raise their hands if they were far from receiving Social Security, asked them if they knew yet what their initial benefit would be and then asked them if they would be bothered if it were a little lower for the good of the country."

One person said it would be a problem.

"Well, you'd get over it, and you're going to have to get over it," Kasich joked.

John Kasich tells audience member they'd 'get over' his Social Security plan - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Well, there goes any chance in hell of the republicans winning the white house in 2016. Old people are going to be pissed at nearly any one running on the republican side in Ohio.

Can't win the general without Ohio.

They could get florida, Virgina, Co, Nh but not ohio = lose.

Well, there goes any chance in hell of the republicans winning the white house in 2016. Old people are going to be pissed at nearly any one running on the republican side in Ohio.

Can't win the general without Ohio.

They could get florida, Virgina, Co, Nh but not ohio = lose.

I bet we see a lot of back tracking first and if not, yes, I agree 100% they flushed their chances right down the toilet.

This is what I mean..I gave them Iowa, Nh, Co, Florida, virgina...

upload_2015-10-9_15-27-20.png

What a talented wrecking crew the Republican part brings to voters. John Kasich basically told old people tough luck when discussing Social Security today. Doesn't anyone school these people? Don't they realize when you slap people that they're going to notice? Republicans don't deserve to lead, they deserve to be kicked into obscurity.

Washington (CNN)—"Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Friday that a New Hampshire audience member would "get over" cuts to Social Security payments as a result of his reform plan -- and the left is already pouncing on the comment.

He asked audience members to raise their hands if they were far from receiving Social Security, asked them if they knew yet what their initial benefit would be and then asked them if they would be bothered if it were a little lower for the good of the country."

"Well, you'd get over it, and you're going to have to get over it," Kasich joked.

John Kasich tells audience member they'd 'get over' his Social Security plan - CNNPolitics.com
Kasich's plan has NO EFFECT on old people. He is talking about reform that would affect people under 50.

And he is absolutely correct that entitlements are in desperate need of reform.

I would prefer we raise the eligibility age for Social Security and Medicare to 70, and index the participation rate to 9 percent of the population going forward.

What a talented wrecking crew the Republican part brings to voters. John Kasich basically told old people tough luck when discussing Social Security today. Doesn't anyone school these people? Don't they realize when you slap people that they're going to notice? Republicans don't deserve to lead, they deserve to be kicked into obscurity.

Kasich's plan has NO EFFECT on old people. He is talking about reform that would affect people under 50.

I would prefer we raise the eligibility age for Social Security and Medicare to 70, and index the participation rate to 9 percent of the population going forward.

I've heard that argument before but just how do we do that with so many people who have back breaking jobs who can't work to 70, or have old age related pending disabilities? like arthritis or vision problems?

I've heard that argument before but just how do we do that with so many people who have back breaking jobs who can't work to 70, or have old age related pending disabilities? like arthritis or vision problems?
I'm sure the same argument was made in 1935 when our ancestors' average life expectancy was 60. "How can we do that with so many people with back breaking jobs who can't work at 65?"

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. We are HEALTHIER than they were.

We can work a few years longer than they did.

In 1935, when SS was enacted, only 5.4% of the population was over 65. Social Security was called INSURANCE for a reason. It was intended for those who lived past the mean. It was not intended for everyone to collect.

In 1965, when Medicare was enacted, 9 percent of the population was over 65.

Today, 14 percent of the population is over 65.

A smaller and smaller percentage are supporting a larger and larger percentage. This is clearly an unsustainable trend.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors, we should be working longer.

'"Well, you'd get over it, and you're going to have to get over it," Kasich joked.'

He wasn't 'joking.'

The contempt most on the right have for working Americans, low income Americans, and older Americans is nothing new.

Conservatives, blinded by their errant dogma, fail to realize that millions of hard-working Americans, through no fault of their own, simply do not earn enough to save for retirement; when one lives from paycheck to paycheck what little can be saved will at some point be needed for a car repair or to buy a new water heater.

I'm sure the same argument was made in 1935 when our ancestors' average life expectancy was 60. "How can we do that with so many people with back breaking jobs who can't work at 65?"

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. We are HEALTHIER than they were.

I think I would want to see the full stats on something like that before I could agree. I would also like to see the U.S. improve life expectancy for its citizens by a huge margin, the current rank of #26 in the world is nothing to brag about when you expect citizens to work longer.

What about the disabled people who paid into the Social Security/Disability fund for 20, 30 or 40 years?

If you are going to deny them monthly payments, how are you going to pay them back for that shitload of taxes they paid all of their lives?

Just tell them to fuck off?

Realize that a very large proportion of these people have firearms and know how to use them.

The brain trust of nuhuh and mathew have spoken!! It's over!

Why bother to even hold an election.......?

I don't mean to appear snide but the Republican party was clearly told all this in 2012. They said you had to develop a percentage of a minority vote to guarantee a win and they went right out and pissed everyone off. Kasich opened his mouth today and what for? you need old people to be a reliable Republican voter. Honest to John this is the kind of conversation you have after you've been elected.

I think I would want to see the full stats on something like that before I could agree. I would also like to see the U.S. improve life expectancy for its citizens by a huge margin, the current rank of #26 in the world is nothing to brag about when you expect citizens to work longer.
You need to see stats that we are living longer than our ancestors?!? You don't already know this?

I have to leave for a while, but I will back up all of my figures when I return.

Typical left wing propaganda, you are aware that the plan discussed in the OP is that of Kasich and not the party?

The OP is engaging in typical leftist broad brush lies, this thread is a massive FAIL!

You need to see stats that we are living longer than our ancestors?!? You don't already know this?

I have to leave for a while, but I will back up all of my figures when I return.
No, I need to see stats that we aren't harming people in difficult jobs by making them work years longer. There should be a solution to that before we go forward. No doubt we are living loner but at #26 I seriously doubt we are living better. I think a reasonable goal is top ten or even top 5 considering the depth of our education and expanse of our medical resources. I think people should have a long retirement and enjoy life, not quit and die, that doesn't strike me as fair.

Forum List

Back