Joe The World's Dumbest Politician Biden Says He’d Defy Subpoena to Testify in Trump’s Senate Trial

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Returning to the campaign trail after Christmas, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday stood by his comments that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at President Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

In a meeting with the editorial board of The Des Moines Register, whose endorsement in the Iowa caucuses is coveted by presidential hopefuls, Mr. Biden argued that complying with a subpoena and testifying would essentially allow Mr. Trump to succeed in shifting attention onto Mr. Biden and away from the president’s own actions.

“The reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life: trying to take the focus off him,” Mr. Biden said. “The issue is not what I did.”

“This is all about a diversion,” Mr. Biden added. “And we play his game all the time. He’s done it his whole career.”

Mr. Biden met with The Register at the beginning of a two-day visit to Iowa. He boarded his “No Malarkey” campaign bus later Friday and headed to Williamsburg for an event there, to be followed by additional stops on Saturday.

Mr. Biden had previously said that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at the impeachment trial. Asked Friday about that stance, he said, “The grounds for them to call me would be overwhelmingly specious. But, so, I don’t anticipate that happening anyway.”

Mr. Biden raised the scenario of voluntarily appearing at the Senate trial and explained why he did not view that as a good idea.

“What are you going to cover?” he asked, referring to the news media. “You’re going to cover, for three weeks, anything I said. And he’s going to get away.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

A new Popular Mechanics SPECIAL EDITION on Grandpe Joe and his worth MILLIONS son Hunter has just been released....

db5os8q567741.jpg

i wonder if he will go if about 25 ,,18 to 30ish females were going to attend

Returning to the campaign trail after Christmas, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday stood by his comments that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at President Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

In a meeting with the editorial board of The Des Moines Register, whose endorsement in the Iowa caucuses is coveted by presidential hopefuls, Mr. Biden argued that complying with a subpoena and testifying would essentially allow Mr. Trump to succeed in shifting attention onto Mr. Biden and away from the president’s own actions.

“The reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life: trying to take the focus off him,” Mr. Biden said. “The issue is not what I did.”

“This is all about a diversion,” Mr. Biden added. “And we play his game all the time. He’s done it his whole career.”

Mr. Biden met with The Register at the beginning of a two-day visit to Iowa. He boarded his “No Malarkey” campaign bus later Friday and headed to Williamsburg for an event there, to be followed by additional stops on Saturday.

Mr. Biden had previously said that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at the impeachment trial. Asked Friday about that stance, he said, “The grounds for them to call me would be overwhelmingly specious. But, so, I don’t anticipate that happening anyway.”

Mr. Biden raised the scenario of voluntarily appearing at the Senate trial and explained why he did not view that as a good idea.

“What are you going to cover?” he asked, referring to the news media. “You’re going to cover, for three weeks, anything I said. And he’s going to get away.”

A new Popular Mechanics SPECIAL EDITION on Grandpe Joe and his worth MILLIONS son Hunter has just been released....

db5os8q567741.jpg

Donald Trump is the world's dumbest politician. I would do the same thing. Tell Senate Republicans to take a hike. Biden would be smart to do that.

db5os8q567741.jpg

Donald Trump is the world's dumbest politician. I would do the same thing. Tell Senate Republicans to take a hike. Biden would be smart to do that.

Trump was impeached by the commies for doing the exact same thing. Why is it okay when your people do things, and when ours does the same, it's a major offense, even an impeachable one?

You people are such liars and hypocrites. And with that, I once again quote Rush Limbaugh.

"Folks, Democrats have two sets of rules: one set for them, and another set for everybody else."
Rush Limbaugh

db5os8q567741.jpg

Trump was impeached by the commies for doing the exact same thing. Why is it okay when your people do things, and when ours does the same, it's a major offense, even an impeachable one?

You people are such liars and hypocrites. And with that, I once again quote Rush Limbaugh.

"Folks, Democrats have two sets of rules: one set for them, and another set for everybody else."
Rush Limbaugh

To start with, Biden is a private citizen. Trump is a President who refuses to accept Congress' power of oversight. Biden has no relevant information to offer.

db5os8q567741.jpg
Aren’t you all for ignoring subpoenas? I’d think you’d be supportive of this move. No?

db5os8q567741.jpg
Aren’t you all for ignoring subpoenas? I’d think you’d be supportive of this move. No?

When it is against a lying demonRAT WHO WAS VP AT THE TIME, AND we have him ADMITTING his BRIBERY AND EXTORTION on tape..YES. OF COURSE....Copared to a letter from Trump with NO OFFENSES MENTIONED, and a president of Ukraine who STATED UNDENIABLY that NO PRESSURE was done to HIM AND YOU HAVE THE LETTER SENT?.....Are you really this stupid, or just repeating DNC bullshit talking points that EVERYONE KNOWS IS A LIE???

db5os8q567741.jpg

When it is against a lying demonRAT WHO WAS VP AT THE TIME, AND we have him ADMITTING his BRIBERY AND EXTORTION on tape..YES. OF COURSE....Copared to a letter from Trump with NO OFFENSES MENTIONED, and a president of Ukraine who STATED UNDENIABLY that NO PRESSURE was done to HIM AND YOU HAVE THE LETTER SENT?.....Are you really this stupid, or just repeating DNC bullshit talking points that EVERYONE KNOWS IS A LIE???
sorry man. Subpoenas are subpoenas. People like you don’t get to decided which are valid and invalid to ignore. If it was cool for trump to ignore them in your eyes then it’s ok for Biden. That’s how it works

db5os8q567741.jpg

sorry man. Subpoenas are subpoenas. People like you don’t get to decided which are valid and invalid to ignore. If it was cool for trump to ignore them in your eyes then it’s ok for Biden. That’s how it works
sorry stupid, but that subpoena is from a co- equal branch of government and will be taken to court....you can complain all you want to snowflake but you will melt before Trump leaves the White House in 2025!....ROTFLMFAO!

db5os8q567741.jpg

sorry stupid, but that subpoena is from a co- equal branch of government and will be taken to court....you can complain all you want to snowflake but you will melt before Trump leaves the White House in 2025!....ROTFLMFAO!
Wow, that was a great comeback man!

Forum List

Back