Joe the Plumber to the rescue

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
February 3, 2009

You’d think Joe the Plumber’s 15 minutes would be up by now. But , no, after a stint as a correspondent in Israel, he took his act to Capitol Hill today.
The first order of business: giving political advice to conservative Republican staffers at breakfast, which, Wurzelbacher told us, “Went really well.”

Mouth Of The Potomac - NY Daily News

Funny how obama and the dimocrat excoriation of this guy is going to make him rich

February 3, 2009

You’d think Joe the Plumber’s 15 minutes would be up by now. But , no, after a stint as a correspondent in Israel, he took his act to Capitol Hill today.
The first order of business: giving political advice to conservative Republican staffers at breakfast, which, Wurzelbacher told us, “Went really well.”

Maybe Obama will nominate him for a Cabinet post. After all, Joe doesn't pay his taxes either.

February 3, 2009

:lol:

This is too good to be true! Is this from "The Onion"?

The Republicans understand their base.

Joe the plumber appeals to that base.

Hence, they pretend to listen to him.

February 3, 2009

Maybe Obama will nominate him for a Cabinet post. After all, Joe doesn't pay his taxes either.

:rofl:

The only reason Joe has any relevance is because the media keeps putting him in the spotlight. It's like a car wreck, people just can't seem to help themselves but look and see what he's saying now. But the reality is that no one really cares, it's just the spectacle of it all. Way too much of the media is just about making us hate each other and see the other side as stupid.

Last edited:
The only reason Joe has any relevance is because the media keeps putting him in the spotlight. It's like a car wreck, people just seem to help themselves but look and see what he's saying now. But the reality is that no one really cares, it's just the spectacle of it all. Way too much of the media is just about making us hate each other and see the other side as stupid.

Which is a damn good reason not to pay any attention to it. The media can no longer be trusted to give us the information we need to be responsible and educated citizens.
Journalism is now a larger version of Family Feud

Sure, it's the presses fault that the GOP is inviting Joe the Plumber to speak to them.

:lol:

Rav, I'll give you this.

This whole joe the plumber thing is pretty pathetic. The guy is being utilized to perform duties which he obviously has ZERO knowledge about. It really SHOULD be considered an embarrassment to the GOP.

I'm not registered republican anymore. I'm currently unaffiliated. I hate both main parties equally. And I must say, if the GOP really DOES go with Joe and Sarah as their figureheads for the future, they DESERVE to fail.

Rav, I'll give you this.

This whole joe the plumber thing is pretty pathetic. The guy is being utilized to perform duties which he obviously has ZERO knowledge about. It really SHOULD be considered an embarrassment to the GOP.

I'm not registered republican anymore. I'm currently unaffiliated. I hate both main parties equally. And I must say, if the GOP really DOES go with Joe and Sarah as their figureheads for the future, they DESERVE to fail.

I would imagine they are using what they've got. Any party that had a guy that would automatically get big news coverage if he opened his mouth would be foolish to squander that resource. Joe won't be a hot commodity forever so they are using him while they can. Seriously, if someone gave you $100 and a dollar automatically disappears each day would you sit there and watch the money evaporate or would you start spending?

Joe the plumber is the quintessential Republican loyal.

Scarey, huh?

And this is based on what?

You know Joe through what the media has decided to show you, right? Or do you guys hang out and play golf and stuff?

Rav, I'll give you this.

I would imagine they are using what they've got. Any party that had a guy that would automatically get big news coverage if he opened his mouth would be foolish to squander that resource. Joe won't be a hot commodity forever so they are using him while they can. Seriously, if someone gave you $100 and a dollar automatically disappears each day would you sit there and watch the money evaporate or would you start spending?
Like a marketing gimmick to keep the Republican brand out there? Not bad. Maybe they can get Charles Manson to speak to them on capital hill, I'm sure the press would cover that.

Hey people,

Here's a tip. Republicans "congressional staff" don't give a flying shit what Joe Not the Plumber thinks. Most of them probably think Joe, aka Sam, is an uneducated doofus.

It's a stunt. A gimmick.

GOP staffers want this to be in the news, because its a PR stunt to show their sarah palin, and Joe The War Correspondent-loving base, their fealty and devotion to "conservative values", and the pro-american parts of the nation. Hell, these staffers are the ones that probably called the media and journalists, to "report" this little meeting.

Hey people,

Here's a tip. Republicans "congressional staff" don't give a flying shit what Joe Not the Plumber thinks. Most of them probably think Joe, aka Sam, is an uneducated doofus.

It's a stunt. A gimmick.

GOP staffers want this to be in the news, because its a PR stunt to show their sarah palin, and Joe The War Correspondent-loving base, their fealty and devotion to "conservative values", and the pro-american parts of the nation. Hell, these staffers are the ones that probably called the media and journalists, to "report" this little meeting.

Exactly. Both sides do it.

Anyone lapping this up like it's cream, on either side, is being bought and sold by the media.

Forum List

Back