Joe Biden the Centrist, annoints Beto to lead gun control effort

Osiris-ODS

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2019
That's right. The Constitution-loving moderate (according to his campaign paraphernalia) recently offered a glimpse into how his Administration would approach gun control -- by bringing Beto O'Rourke on board to lead the effort. Yes, Beto -- the fallen-star former presidential candidate who infamously proclaimed "hell yes, we're going to take your AR15s" during a nationally televised Democratic debate, and then doubled down on that position in an interview with MSNBC in the wake of the blow back from his comment at the debate.

Brilliant move, Joe. Annoint the most infamous gun grabber in the current political landscape to lead your administration's gun control efforts, knowing that Second Amendment is one of the top 5 hot button issues in modern political campaigns, and knowing that Beto's outspoken position on this played a material part in derailing his campaign. Can't see how that would go wrong, LOL. Now awaiting the memes and montages that are sure to follow on TV and social media.

"Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15" @ 0.53

Beto doubles down and defends plan to confiscate "assault" weapons

Last edited:
This moment... again.

new-york-post-cover-on-democrats-promising-illegal-aliens-free-health-care-who-wants-to-lose-the-election.png

I know it's campaign season so the opposition will continuously come up with outrageous claims to discourage others from voting for the opponent. HOWEVER, this one is pretty surprising on a political message board, because you guys are supposed to be savvy enough to know that Joe Biden could appoint Jesus Christ himself and it wouldn't change one single law or regulation relating to guns.

Beto is passionate about gun control. He wants assault weapons out of civilian hands and I agree with him. However, neither Beto nor I can do anything but tell you our opinions about it, since we are not writing legislation, and if we were it probably wouldn't get through Congress.

Silly "The Sky is Falling" propaganda, probably thanks to your friendly NRA.

I know it's campaign season so the opposition will continuously come up with outrageous claims to discourage others from voting for the opponent. HOWEVER, this one is pretty surprising on a political message board, because you guys are supposed to be savvy enough to know that Joe Biden could appoint Jesus Christ himself and it wouldn't change one single law or regulation relating to guns.

Beto is passionate about gun control. He wants assault weapons out of civilian hands and I agree with him. However, neither Beto nor I can do anything but tell you our opinions about it, since we are not writing legislation, and if we were it probably wouldn't get through Congress.

Joe and Beto represent a long-term desire by the Democrats to disarm America. Pointing them out for that sentiment is not outrageous.

Whether they themselves can produce legislation is irrelevant. They are cheerleaders for a political entity that seeks unconstitutional changes, that must be kept at bay by any means..

Beto delivered Texas to good Ol Quid Pro Joe. So naturally Beto gets a payoff with a cushy prestigious position in Joe's potential administration. As you say, Biden isn't a Centrist, he is a political shape shifter. He will go with whoever or whatever gets him votes and/or more power.

Add in Bloomberg and his $billions and its not so "sky is falling".
The NRA makes sure that the gun grabbers keep their hands off our guns.
Take the nuts off the streets, leave our guns alone.

Guns Prevent Thousands of Crimes Every Day, Research Shows | Lawrence W. Reed
There I learned the following: Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Most often, the gun is never fired, and no blood (including the criminal's) is shed. Every year, 400,000 life-threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms.Aug 23, 2019

This has to be pushed. None of these people are centrists. None of them! They are to the left of the left. And none of them are Christians. Until they back them up.

Joe and Beto represent a long-term desire by the Democrats to disarm America. Pointing them out for that sentiment is not outrageous.

Whether they themselves can produce legislation is irrelevant. They are cheerleaders for a political entity that seeks unconstitutional changes, that must be kept at bay by any means..
Yeah, okay, I'm shaking in my boots.

Whether they can produce legislation is the only thing that is relevant. You can go back to day dreaming of your revolution against the political opposition, though.

Beto is passionate about gun control. He wants assault weapons out of civilian hands and I agree with him.

That's an interesting position considering no one owns assault weapons and AR15's are not assault rifles
I'm not interested in wasting time with you quibbling about semantics. You know exactly what we are talking about, as you demonstrated by bringing up AR-15's.
Find a better deflection.

Beto is passionate about gun control. He wants assault weapons out of civilian hands and I agree with him.

That's an interesting position considering no one owns assault weapons and AR15's are not assault rifles
I'm not interested in wasting time with you quibbling about semantics. You know exactly what we are talking about, as you demonstrated by bringing up AR-15's.
It's not a deflection, IT IS A FACT.

You being ignorant =/= me playing semantics

Whether they can produce legislation is the only thing that is relevant. You can go back to day dreaming of your revolution against the political opposition, though.

The "revolution" is not from my side.

Beto is a fascist scumbag. You're in good company. She said NRA! lmao. Go ahead, try and take them.

It's not a deflection, IT IS A FACT.

You being ignorant =/= me playing semantics
more deflection....that all you got, old man?

Beto is a fascist scumbag. You're in good company. She said NRA! lmao. Go ahead, try and take them.
Start digging a hole in your backyard, then. I'm on my way.

Its not semantics, its reality.
You sit there and bash "the sky is falling" narrative then do the EXACT thing 5 words later. "Assauot weapon" is a made up term to intice fear.
That lesson in reality and logic is free. You are welcome.

Funny how you do not understand Biden plans to push and enact legislation, and plans to have Bobby enforce it, since they also plan to retain the house and gain the senate in November.
Must be a conscious choice on your part.

The "revolution" is not from my side.
Both "wings" are acting totally stupid. Your side is just as responsible--look at what you just said--"a political entity that seeks unconstitutional changes (says who--not the USSC), that must be kept at bay by any means..."
YOU are responsible for what comes out of your mouth--or your fingertips. The left is not a fucking fascist army. It's all in your head, fed by crooked Republicans or Russians or god knows who.....
It can't stop until you stop.

Funny how you do not understand Biden plans to push and enact legislation, and plans to have Bobby enforce it, since they also plan to retain the house and gain the senate in November.
Must be a conscious choice on your part.
We'll see. So far no real gun control legislation has been passed since the Assault Weapons Ban, and it couldn't even manage to be renewed in '04.
The size limit on magazines would perhaps be enough (10).

Start digging a hole in your backyard, then. I'm on my way.
You vermin can dig your own graves.

Forum List

Back