Joe Biden, a President for the New Cold War

Economic sanctions that have been ongoing since the end of WW2, against Russia, is a declaration of war that can be sold to Americans and US sympathizers.
Thank you for making it clear you cannot demonstrate the US committed acts of war against Russia, as per your claim.
Why do you make claims you know are false?

Russia has been an existential threat since Putin came to power. His aim has always been to replicate the Tsarist Empire if not the Iron Curtain. Not just for security from a mythical Nato (imperialist) invasion like Hitler and Napoleon, but more so for prestige and putting Russia on equal footing with the US. Every time Nato expanded towards Russia it was when former Soviet vassals chose free market economies and civil rights. And Russia threatened them because they wanted to move from Russia's kleptomaniac oligarchy. Ukraine really had done neither, but it wanted to move towards that.

Long term, this may work out, though innocents suffer.

Thank you for making it clear you cannot demonstrate the US committed acts of war against Russia, as per your claim.
Why do you make claims you know are false?
Because I don't believe in an election being stolen? I dunno? Because America hasn't started dozens of wars since the end of WW2? Because I don't believe it's nice to slaughter each other in the thousands with guns? Because the WMD's are still missing in Iraq?

Because I don't believe in an election being stolen...
None of this nonsense explains why you made the false claim that the US committed acts of war against Russia.
So....why did you make this false claim?
Were you ignorant of the fact the US has committed no such acts, or did you choose to lie?

Russia has been an existential threat since Putin came to power. His aim has always been to replicate the Tsarist Empire if not the Iron Curtain. Not just for security from a mythical Nato (imperialist) invasion like Hitler and Napoleon, but more so for prestige and putting Russia on equal footing with the US. Every time Nato expanded towards Russia it was when former Soviet vassals chose free market economies and civil rights. And Russia threatened them because they wanted to move from Russia's kleptomaniac oligarchy. Ukraine really had done neither, but it wanted to move towards that.

Long term, this may work out, though innocents suffer.
It will certainly work out for Russia in ensuring that Ukraine can't become another Nato country.

I think that Putin has demonstrated his resolve on behalf of the Russian people. And I think the forming of two great opposing alliances will become America's/Nato's real cause.

Acts of economic war against Russia and military war against about 40 small countries since WW2 ended.

Is the invasion of ukraine more egregious an act of unjustified war than the Iraq wars, or less egregious?

Can we judge on the number of innocents murdered, for now at least?
Lame brained nonsense.

Kuwait was once a province of Iraq and Kuwaitis also speak Arabic. Justifying Putin takes some real mental gymnastics.
When i question my government or go too far for Prog induced laws and enforcement in public I can be destroyed for an opinion in my country. What am I justifying? Putin exists. He is not a globalist and the powerful elite and owners of the world want to take him out.

Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus!
Russia never did intend to take the hit of losing Nordstream2.

But some of us knew that the US wouldn't stop the propaganda war against Russia until it accomplished that economic battle too.

'Then' it became a pretty sure thing that Putin wouldn't back up that far!

So the Ukraine is Russia's now, as well as Crimea and nothing less than a nuclear war is going take it away from Russia.

Russia is going to have to diversify much of it's trade toward China and the other countries on that side of the great alliances.

If America hadn't done Iraq with such blatantly obvious lies then there's no way Russia could survive the propaganda war in the making. But America did do it and Putin is going to say it's fair for Russia to get one too.

Praise from a rightwing Opinion columnist at the rightwing Wall Street Journal.

No paywall on this article.

Joe Biden, a President for the New Cold War

In one way, the 79-year-old NATO adherent is the right man for his times.​

Mr. Biden has a few flaws but he was a child of the Cold War and, unless I’m mistaken, has surprised and discombobulated Vladimir Putin with his un-Obama-like response to renewed tensions over Ukraine, including, on Monday, whipping a German chancellor into line. By sending military supplies to Ukraine, by deploying troops to Eastern Europe, by preparing sanctions, the Biden administration has orchestrated a set of signals that even Mr. Putin can’t misinterpret.

*snip*

Mr. Biden hasn’t committed U.S. troops to Ukraine itself, but this I now think would smack of desperation, and seems unnecessary. The U.S. and NATO don’t need to lift so many fingers to make Mr. Putin realize he can’t afford the risk.

Whatever the Russian leader is thinking, he hoped to find the U.S. and its allies weak and divided. This is proving a bad bet so far. From a larger perspective, it’s easier to say what Mr. Putin wants than how he hopes to get it. He wants to be a U.S. client, spared any too-fervent support for democratic forces in Russia or its neighborhood. He could play the equal while, in truth, being a nuclear-armed Mobutu whose insecurities and vanity we patronize because it’s less trouble than not patronizing them.

When he finally broke his silence on Ukraine last week, Mr. Putin’s key words, which he repeated for French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday, concerned the strategic but awkwardly situated peninsula his forces seized from Ukraine in 2014.

For a short-term boost in patriotic rah-rah, for a simulated victory for Russia’s “historic” interests, he created a headache for himself that can only get worse. He all but admitted as much: “Let’s imagine Ukraine is a NATO state and they start this operation [to retake Crimea]. So now do we have to start a war against the NATO alliance? Did anyone think about that? I don’t think so.”

The person who forgot to think was Mr. Putin.
This post aged poorly. :laugh:

Because I don't believe in an election being stolen? I dunno? Because America hasn't started dozens of wars since the end of WW2? Because I don't believe it's nice to slaughter each other in the thousands with guns? Because the WMD's are still missing in Iraq?
Saddam secretly destroyed his WMD's. He didnt want to get in trouble for them, but he also didnt want Iran to know he didnt have them anymore. Saddam made a massive error that eventually cost him his life.

And so Russia gets the Ukraine back again.
But America gets Iraq and a whole bunch of others, so we can call it a draw.

Russia claims that war in Ukraine started 8 years ago, but now Russia is ending it.

Well, there's not much doubt that it's being ended, as it sits right now at least. Ukraine is still saying that they don't want a fight with Russia.

Will America/Nato step in and pick up the sword, after Biden promised so many times that America wouldn't?

I would trust Biden's word on that so far.

oh-wait-youre-serious.gif

Forum List

Back