jobs lost due to the pipeline

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
I've heard they lost 1,000 pipeline jobs and 10,000 construction jobs by stopping the pipeline. But I'm curious how many railroad jobs and trucker jobs would have been lost had it been built?
And think about it logically. It's stupid to transport the raw product to Texas to be refined, move the refineries to the source. Build them at the source so they don't have to be transported. I mean damn how dumb do you have to be to not figure that out?

I've heard they lost 1,000 pipeline jobs and 10,000 construction jobs by stopping the pipeline. But I'm curious how many railroad jobs and trucker jobs would have been lost had it been built?
And think about it logically. It's stupid to transport the raw product to Texas to be refined, move the refineries to the source. Build them at the source so they don't have to be transported. I mean damn how dumb do you have to be to not figure that out?
I heard an estimate that over 50,000 jobs will be lost and 1500 small businesses will go out of business...this is why 23 states are suing...and from what I hear they have a very good case...Congress approved Keystone and only Congress can end it....Biden's EO was illegal....

You have a damn good point as the pipeline is still producing and being trucked and delivered by train down south and then on to overseas. Pipeline, besides what damage it could have done saved thousands of jobs. All the construction jobs were not filled yet and in the end taken about 50 permanent worker's.

Gee, lets look at that notion.

If we have a single product that is being shipped in an environmentally safe manner, we run a small risk of some incident.

Now, a refinery produces:

Fuels

Other Products

Now we have to ship ALL OF THIS refined material

Do you feel embarrassed yet?

Ship all those products separately but have the refining process close to the source, or;

Move the raw product to the refineries that are close to the transportation infrastructure for exporting.

Gee...I wonder just how hard a decision that can be?

The Free Trade Zones are in Texas.. This way the Canadians don't have to pay taxes and their profit margins are higher abroad.

There are 4-5 refineries in the MidWest that were retooled to handle refining tar sands, but that refined product would have been sold to US consumers.

If we have a single product that is being shipped in an environmentally safe manner, we run a small risk of some incident.

Fuels

Other Products

Ship all those products separately but have the refining process close to the source, or;

Move the raw product to the refineries that are close to the transportation infrastructure for exporting.

By shipping refined products abroad the Canadians make more profit.

I heard an estimate that over 50,000 jobs will be lost and 1500 small businesses will go out of business...this is why 23 states are suing...and from what I hear they have a very good case...Congress approved Keystone and only Congress can end it....Biden's EO was illegal....

Unfortunately Obama idiotically VETOED it.

Fuels

Other Products

By shipping refined products abroad the Canadians make more profit.
The issue isn't about how much profit Canadians can make. The pipeline is shut down because of some idiotology about environmental dangers.

My reply was on the notion that it is more sensible to place the refinery close to the source based on the environmental issue, clearly, that is not the case.

Given that the 17 volatile and toxic products of oil refinement have to be shipped by rail or truck, the risk to the environment is now orders of magnitude greater.

A pipeline of the raw product is the most economical and enviromentally sound solution.

He didn't veto it...he could have but he didn't...at least that's how I remember it...

He didn't veto it...he could have but he didn't...at least that's how I remember it...

Obama Vetoes Keystone XL Pipeline Bill

The Canadians and Chinese should build the Keystone XL to the Pacific.

2-3,000 temporary jobs were lost. Trump had the same EO abilities as Obama and Biden.

What small businesses are going out of business?

Obama Vetoes Keystone XL Pipeline Bill

It's true.

The Republicans weren't able to put a bill like that in front of Trump. It's not a real surprise that Trumps EO was revoked by Biden. It effected neither production nor refined products.

But I'm curious how many railroad jobs and trucker jobs would have been lost had it been built?-slyhunter

Any Republican talking-point is disarmed upon more than 5 seconds of thought on the matter. For example: They don't seem to realize that screaming "Fraud" about the 2020 Election means that all the GOP Senators and Congresspeople who won also need to be kicked out of the Congress, too...since it was a fraud...

GOP: "It was FRAUD and DEAD PEOPLE voted"
-
Sane person: "Really? That's kinda interesting, so what about all the Senators and Reps who won their races?"
-
GOP: "No those people keep their seats, but the election was FRAUD"

But I'm curious how many railroad jobs and trucker jobs would have been lost had it been built?-slyhunter

Any Republican talking-point is disarmed upon more than 5 seconds of thought on the matter. For example: They don't seem to realize that screaming "Fraud" about the 2020 Election means that all the GOP Senators and Congresspeople who won also need to be kicked out of the Congress, too...since it was a fraud...

GOP: "It was FRAUD and DEAD PEOPLE voted"
-
Sane person: "Really? That's kinda interesting, so what about all the Senators and Reps who won their races?"
-
GOP: "No those people keep their seats, but the election was FRAUD"
you sure lead a rich fantasy life inside your head.

Forum List

Back