Jim Parsons - by a fan who's never watched Big Bang Theory

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Jim Parsons - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Just wanted to throw out a post on what made me a fan of Jim Parsons before he ever left Houston.
His performances in avante garde theatre in Houston spoiled me for anything else.

I saw him in plays such as "Jack and the Future is in Eggs" where the characters carried scene after scene of uttering pure nonsense, and yet Jim made it funny and made you care what was going on, though you had no idea at all what was going on because it made no sense. It might as well have been Shakespearean comedy actors spouting off nursery rhymes or data off Wall Street ticker tape in a foreign language while emoting about drama, and you could still follow it and be enraptured by the performance.

I never could watch him in anything else. When I heard he made it big in a TV series I was not surprised.

I understand his role requires him to spout out difficult technical lines while expressing all the quirks and gestures as a consistent comedy character. I am not surprised to hear this after he could make pure dadaistic nonsensical lines portray a story and character by relying purely on his vocal style, facial expressions and body language.

I am scared to watch his show, because I work two jobs and could not catch it regularly if I were to get hooked. All I can say is I loved his style before he found an avenue to showcase his talents in such a big way.

He was always amazing to watch, and I didn't care if it was the writing or the acting or both, it was phenomenal to see live where he made it look so natural. I never could watch SNL or any other comedy shows after I saw him live in Houston underground theatre. It just spoiled me for anything else.

Congratulations to Jim for all the great achievements and awards recognizing his super talent and unique characterizations. I'm just sorry that all I want to do is see him perform live as there was nothing like that!

Forum List

Back