Jim Jordan Will Not Hold Third Vote And Backs McHenry As Interim Speaker Until January

Miller-Meeks Statement on Speaker Vote and Death Threats

Today, it became abundantly clear early in the roll call vote, that Jim Jordan still did not have the votes necessary to become Speaker. Given the concerns I had before any vote and the ability of the speaker designee to unify the conference, I voted in support of Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Kay Granger to serve as Speaker of the House. I voted for Chairwoman Granger because she has demonstrated great leadership this year by bringing forth, and passing, fiscally responsible, single-subject appropriations bills and is a staunch conservative.

However, since my vote in support of Chairwoman Granger, I have received credible death threats and a barrage of threatening calls. The proper authorities have been notified and my office is cooperating fully.

One thing I cannot stomach, or support is a bully.

To be fair, at last report, he's LEANING toward supporting McHenry. He wants to wait and see what the conference has to say first. Apparently, his campaign of intimidation..didn't work. No one is afraid of a man who's accomplished nothing in his Congressional career. And McHenry...doesn't look like he wants the job. :auiqs.jpg:

I am predicting they give the acting guy just a bit more power and pass another CR to take us in the next year
Of course. They have to pass a budget of some kind.

What remains to be seen is what other business will be able to be conducted.

Well at least they are not spending our money.
And they're also not working on a funding measure for the government, which is scheduled to shut down in a matter of weeks. Or an annual budget. Or determining funding for Ukraine or Israel...or anything else. This is beyond dysfunction...and it's not good no matter which way you slice it.

Of course. They have to pass a budget of some kind.

What remains to be seen is what other business will be able to be conducted.
Which business? Is there some sweeping legislation we need passed that they were actually going to get passed between now and really ever regardless of who's speaker?

Forum List

Back