Jewish testimonies (I absolutely love these)

I simply meant that Christians are under the NEW covenant,

Goodie. So are the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Zoroastrians, the Druids, and the Satanists.
Everyone has their own set of rules. The difference between them and the xtians is, for the most part, they don't knock on my door at dinner time and ask me if I've heard the 'good news'.

Those aren’t Christians.

They say they are. All their literature says they are. I have no choice but to take them at their word.

There are over 500 different xtian denominations in the world, I'm going to have to believe they must have something in common.

I simply meant that Christians are under the NEW covenant,

Goodie. So are the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Zoroastrians, the Druids, and the Satanists.
Everyone has their own set of rules. The difference between them and the xtians is, for the most part, they don't knock on my door at dinner time and ask me if I've heard the 'good news'.

Those aren’t Christians.

They say they are. All their literature says they are. I have no choice but to take them at their word.

There are over 500 different xtian denominations in the world, I'm going to have to believe they must have something in common.

I meant to add to that post with a video. Ended up deleting it I think. But door knocking annoys everyone who ever lived. And I can’t imagine it’s made many converts.

The exploitation, greed, and of course the fact that all of this was taking place in (or near) the temple, which is blasphemous.

Seems to me, putting money lenders next to a church is a natural thing.

church-atm.jpg

Jewish testimonies (I absolutely love these)

you're an atheist, right? So, it's completely understandable that you would find spiritual matters idiotic.

Yes, I know that secular isn't the same as atheist,

your love is going from one non verifiable book to another and including the koran non having inclusions for over ~200 decades, roughly 2000 years and being based on historical events over content ... what then in your imagination is a theist - "you would find spiritual matters idiotic". as what could there be as a testimonial about either of the three being any different than the others. non spiritual (dead) "religions".

more idiotic bullshit

Did you even watch it? It doesn't sound like it. But on the other hand, you're an atheist, right? So, it's completely understandable that you would find spiritual matters idiotic.

even more idiotic bullshit--------buttercup----got a link to the post in which I declared
myself an atheist? I have talked to lots of people who had sudden religious
insights------one who decided an angel spoke to her came up with a positive
VDRL (a test for syphilis) -----spinal tap confirmed neurosyphilis. I consider
my evaluation of that patient to be INSPIRED

That's why I put a question mark at the end of that, because I wasn't 100% sure. BUT, I could've sworn that somewhere on this thread you presented yourself as a secular Jew. So based on your posts, I guessed you were either atheist or agnostic. But I don't like guessing, and in fact, I'm pretty sure I asked you directly what your beliefs are, but you never answered...unless I missed your reply.

secular is not the same as atheist -----especially when jews are talking
to EACH OTHER------usually they mean not OBSERVANT OF RITUALS---
or----not ALL THAT observant. I did comment that my UPBRINGING
was secular (very little attendance on ritual) and that I had no jewish education
whatsoever ----which means afterschool "Hebrew school" and camp and
stuff like that. I was an avid reader------so OF COURSE I read the NT----
In my town little old ladies handed out pocket size versions-----my vision was
good------today I would need a magnifying glass. Eventually I read the ' OT '
as a teen I learned in a SECULAR CLASS----to read Hebrew.------I also read
the Koran and the Bhagavad Gita (in english) and-----of course THE KAMA SUDTRA (in English).
If you have no grasp of either Hebrew or Judaism or its history----reading the
either the OT or NT is not much of an experience IMO. I have a serious
question------who do you think were the money changers in the temple that
Jesus WANTED OUT and why did he want them out?

Yes, I know that secular isn't the same as atheist, I wasn't going by only that one comment but your posts overall...but like I said, I wasn't sure. Anyway, thanks for elaborating.

As for the money changers, I don't know who were they exactly, but they were definitely opportunistic and cared more about making a profit than respecting that house of God. I think Jesus was mad for multiple reasons. The exploitation, greed, and of course the fact that all of this was taking place in (or near) the temple, which is blasphemous. Why do you ask?

well----it is an important issue in HISTORY-----because lots of Christians (even one----a divinity student---seton hall), seem to imagine that the money changers were Pharisees who were something like loan sharks. NOPE---not even close-----
they were merchant facilitators, considered Roman shills and MOST DESPISED
by the Pharisees. Fighting to get them out of the Temple Courtyard was the
act of a Pharisee.-------it is the reason that Jesus was crucified.------anything
that touched temple courtyard business ---cut into ROME, even back then-----
pre-mafia. In modern times, Jesus would have ended up in the Passaic river.

There was a young man who was seeking spirituality in his life and toward that end he left his hometown in quest to find it. Hearing that Christianity had more than one billion followers he sought out a church and spoke to the local priest. "Sir," he said, "which is the greatest religion in the world?" "That would be Christianity, my son," replied the priest. "And the second-best?" inquired the young man. "That would be Judaism," said the priest. He bade the priest farewell and went on his way. Soon thereafter he learned that Islam had more than one billion adherents also, so the young man went to a mosque and spoke to the imam, "Sir, can you tell me which is the greatest religion in the world?" "Islam is the greatest religion in the world," asserted the Muslim cleric. "And which is the second-best?" asked the young man. "Oh, that would be Judaism, " said the imam. After carefully taking in what both the priest and the imam had told him and, giving the matter serious, deep thought, do you know what that young man did? He went straight back home and became a Jew.

I am first and I am last, and
besides Me there is no G-d
(Isaiah 44:6)

I am first (I have no father)
I am last (I have no son)
besides Me there is no G-d
(I have no brother or co-creator)

There was a young man who was seeking spirituality in his life and toward that end he left his hometown in quest to find it. Hearing that Christianity had more than one billion followers he sought out a church and spoke to the local priest. "Sir," he said, "which is the greatest religion in the world?" "That would be Christianity, my son," replied the priest. "And the second-best?" inquired the young man. "That would be Judaism," said the priest. He bade the priest farewell and went on his way. Soon thereafter he learned that Islam had more than one billion adherents also, so the young man went to a mosque and spoke to the imam, "Sir, can you tell me which is the greatest religion in the world?" "Islam is the greatest religion in the world," asserted the Muslim cleric. "And which is the second-best?" asked the young man. "Oh, that would be Judaism, " said the imam. After carefully taking in what both the priest and the imam had told him and, giving the matter serious, deep thought, do you know what that young man did? He went straight back home and became a Jew.

something about that story-----I don't like it----but I laughed.
Do you know the book (approx.) " KUZARI " I don't remember
the details---written by poet Y. Halevi----LONG AGO

It is not clear to me why a psalm of david is considered a
PROPHECY Anyone?

Because according to the first(R. Hona) and according the last (R.Abarvanel) ,
king David and King Solomon A"H were prophets.

"Woe is to me for I have sojourned in Meshech; I dwelt among the tents of Kedar.
For a long time, my soul dwelt with those who hate peace.
I am at peace, but when I speak, they [come] to [wage] war. Psalm 120

This is today, Kedar.

something about that story-----I don't like it----but I laughed.
Do you know the book (approx.) " KUZARI " I don't remember
the details---written by poet Y. Halevi----LONG AGO

I read excerpts of the Kuzari in an anthology of Jewish writings, and I see what you're getting at -- it's a bloodline thing. Reason why the Khazars -- if the story's true -- were vanquished.

Ms Rose, please pardon the jocularity in my previous post.

Forum List

Back