Jeter wanted 6yrs $150 mil?! LMFAO!

well done. lol.. and sadly true. but it would be terrible if they didn't make a deal with Jeter. He deseves to go out with a good deal.

3 yrs $45 mil is a good deal. He should jump on it like it were the next hot 22 year old starlet on the scene. No other shortstop in the league gets paid more than that.

how much money has jeter brought to the team?

Outside of merch sales, you would only be speculating.

Anytime you want to debate baseball, it's history, and it's players, you just let me know.

Why don't we start with the ridiculous notion of playing Jeter at 1st when Teixeira is locked in to 2016 at 180 mil.
I was using first base as the typical place that aging stars wind up, along with DH. And plenty of DH have not been power hitters. Rickey was DH at the end of his career. So was Paul Molitor, Robin Yount, Edgar Renteria, etc. The point I was making is that Jeter has a sure glove, if not great shortstop range. You can plug him in almost anywhere and he will not embarrass you, although I don't believe his arm is strong enough for center or right field.

Baseball is more business than sport these days, and if the fans are showing up to see Jeter, they will find a way to get him in the lineup.

Just because other teams were retarded about their roster doesn't rationalize it.

You put a guy at DH because he can still produce runs even though he can't play the field anymore. You don't DH a guy who's lucky to hit 10 hr and hit .250.

Not if you're the fucking YANKEES, at least.

Jeter agrees to three-year deal with Yanks - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

Two people familiar with the negotiations tell The Associated Press that Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees have reached a preliminary agreement on a three-year contract with an option for 2014.

The deal is worth an average of $15 million to $17 million annually and subject to a physical, the people said.

3 for 45.

So he takes the original deal offered.

I knew it. There was no way he was leaving the Yankees. Too much at stake.

Still too much though. This puts him slightly above Tulo's new deal. Jeter ain't no Tulo at this point in his career.

Still too much though. This puts him slightly above Tulo's new deal. Jeter ain't no Tulo at this point in his career.

true but on another level hes got history and all the jazz that goes with it, a legacy. I think hes a guy that appreciates that if he stays and retires as a yankee hes a lock for the hall, memorial park plaque etc etc ..., hes what the 5-6th yankee capt. ever?

And, he aint no Boggs.....sorry Art, as a life long born and bred yankee fan I had to take the shot.

Just take the damn deal and retire a Yankee.

I can't think of a bigger way for Jeter to shit on the Yankees than to pull a Favre and leave the team at the end of his career for somewhere else.

And I can't think of a bigger way for the Sox to shit on the Yankees than to sign him. :lol:

I bet a trillion dollars he doesn't leave NY.

He managed to get a single digit jersey number as a rookie. That's priceless in NY. He wants his number retired, I guarantee it.

When he retires, and when Torre retires, we will never see another single digit Yankee.

I can't think of a bigger way for Jeter to shit on the Yankees than to pull a Favre and leave the team at the end of his career for somewhere else.

And I can't think of a bigger way for the Sox to shit on the Yankees than to sign him. :lol:

He managed to get a single digit jersey number as a rookie. That's priceless in NY. He wants his number retired, I guarantee it.

When he retires, and when Torre retires, we will never see another single digit Yankee.

Torre was 6? fuckin A, had not thought of that.

true but on another level hes got history and all the jazz that goes with it, a legacy. I think hes a guy that appreciates that if he stays and retires as a yankee hes a lock for the hall, memorial park plaque etc etc ..., hes what the 5-6th yankee capt. ever?

And, he aint no Boggs.....sorry Art, as a life long born and bred yankee fan I had to take the shot.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it potentially establishes a market value for his particular production, which is obviously not stellar anymore.

15-17 mil per year is typically reserved for stellar players.

So the next SS that goes to the bargaining table with Jeter's numbers...can the owner make a legitimate argument that Jeter got a "special" deal simply because of who he is, and that the asking player doesn't deserve the same amount for that reason?

Or is a guy that hits 10 HR and bats .270 now worth 15 mil?

It's almost a slap in the face to Tulowitzki who actually HAD a stellar year and only got that much.

Torre was 6? fuckin A, had not thought of that.

I guess someone could come along and request the number ZERO...but I bet the management will not allow that.

Forum List

Back