Jesus had gay encounter...Missing passages in book of Mark

The Gnostics were the first true Christians. Catholics came along and wiped them out.
Doesn't that depend on how you define a true Christian? They appear to have existed in Saul/Paul's day with him warning about those who profess the gnosis or knowledge. So they were around at the beginning but they didn't believe in a physical Jesus (which would be hard to reconsile with any sexuality). That led to two main branches, those that were ascetic, probably forerunners to monks denying the physical. And then those who divorced the physical from the spiritual and were the party animal branch. But those fly in the face of orthodox since the physical Jesus is paramount to the belief.

To address your original question, if what is suggested by the article is true then either the law of God is not to be understood or applied literally or Jesus was a nut job.
Why would Jesus be a nut job? He fulfilled the laws of god through his sacrifice on the cross and introduced a New Covenant with two new great commandments. The New Covenant supersedes the old testament laws.

To address your original question, if what is suggested by the article is true then either the law of God is not to be understood or applied literally or Jesus was a nut job.
Why would Jesus be a nut job? He fulfilled the laws of god through his sacrifice on the cross and introduced a New Covenant with two new great commandments. The New Covenant supersedes the old testament laws.

No, To fulfill the law is to comply with all its demands. The new covenant sealed in his blood is the way Jesus learned and was taught by God to understand the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects of the law that made obsolete and superseded what had become a thousand year tradition of following a superficial ignorant literal interpretation and application of the law after the people turned aside from the way that Moses originally taught to follow the law after his death.

“Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God. There it will remain as a witness against you. For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the Lord while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die! Assemble before me all the elders of your tribes and all your officials, so that I can speak these words in their hearing and call the heavens and the earth to testify against them. For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall on you because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord and arouse his anger by what your hands have made.”

Paul's use of "Fulfill the Law"

The question then becomes, if the Torah is God's instructions for how to live, then are Gentiles entirely excluded from its wonderful truths? Surprisingly, in both Romans and Galatians, after Paul has spent a lot of time arguing against their need to observe the Torah, he actually answers this question by speaking about how they can "fulfill the Law." He says:

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. (Rom. 13:8-10)

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Gal. 5:14; NASB)

If Paul is using first idiomatic sense of "fulfill the Torah" discussed above, he is saying that love is the supreme interpretation of the Torah - the ultimate summation of everything that God has taught in the Scriptures. He is reiterating Jesus' key teaching about loving God and neighbor that says "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matt. 22:40). The two laws about love are not just more important than the rest, they are actually the grand summation of it all. A later rabbi put it this way: "Love your neighbor as yourself - this is the very essence (klal gadol) of the Torah." 8 Love is the overriding principle that shapes how all laws should be obeyed.

What Does It Mean to "Fulfill the Law"?

Why would Jesus be a nut job? .

He would have been a nut job because he claimed to "always do exactly as God commands" and since he obviously did not conform to a literal interpretation of the divine commands, even if you exclude the secret mark, him running around with sinners and keeping company with prostitutes eating and drinking and whooping it up at parties with all sorts of bad characters would have make him a wacko unless he was following the law in a deeper more meaningful way as was originally taught by Moses and revealed to Jesus by God as he claimed.

And again, the entire dispute was which way was the righteous way to follow the Mosaic law, not whether it was obsolete. Jesus said the law will remain in full force for as long as heaven and earth endure, so it follows that the only way to fulfill the law is to conform to its requirements even as the command to 'eat my flesh' is a sublime teaching about the hidden nature of the subjects of Kosher law.

He would have been a nut job because he claimed to "always do exactly as God commands" and since he obviously did not conform to a literal interpretation of the divine commands, even if you exclude the secret mark, him running around with sinners and keeping company with prostitutes eating and drinking and whooping it up at parties with all sorts of bad characters would have make him a wacko unless he was following the law in a deeper more meaningful way as was originally taught by Moses and revealed to Jesus by God as he claimed.
Having a gay encounter doesn't mean Jesus was cavorting with all sorts of bad characters and having a gay old time. lol Jesus had immense love and compassion and expressed it in many different ways. If Jesus did nothing differently than what was required under the Old Covenant, we would not have a New Covenant and two new commandments. Jesus paved the way...a new way. Having an encounter with another man (for six days, no less lol :)) would be an act of love.

And again, the entire dispute was which way was the righteous way to follow the Mosaic law, not whether it was obsolete. Jesus said the law will remain in full force for as long as heaven and earth endure, so it follows that the only way to fulfill the law is to conform to its requirements even as the command to 'eat my flesh' is a sublime teaching about the hidden nature of the subjects of Kosher law.
Naturally Jesus abided by the law. But when he said he has come to "fulfill" the law, it means something entirely different than simply abiding by it. There are various interpretations of "fulfill".

What Does It Mean to "Fulfill the Law"?

Last edited:
Having a gay encounter doesn't mean Jesus was cavorting with all sorts of bad characters and having a gay old time. lol Jesus had immense love and compassion and expressed it in many different ways. If Jesus did nothing differently than what was required under the Old Covenant, we would not have a New Covenant and two new commandments. Jesus paved the way...a new way. Having an encounter with another man (for six days, no less lol :)) would be an act of love.

Jesus partying with all sorts of bad characters is what is mentioned in all of the revealed gospels.

And even in the so called secret gospel of mark it is said that he spent those days teaching the young man about the secrets of the kingdom of God. Any sexual man love is at best highly speculative and irrelevant given that secret teaching is that the laws of God are not about what you eat or what you wear or who you have what type of sex with.

aside from that the Pharisees who were highly esteemed as righteous said of Jesus, " we know this man is a sinner. He 'keeps company' with prostitutes." which is a not so subtle charge of him having sex outside of marriage, a charge that Jesus did not even try to deny but defiantly flaunted.

So either Jesus was following another way to understand the subject of the law that leads to the promise of eternal life fulfilled or he was bat shit crazy.

The law is eternal. What was made obsolete by the revelation of Jesus was people worrying about what to make for dinner. The new covenant was the figurative way to understand the law encapsulated in his command to 'eat my flesh' which is a direct command for the faithful to observe divine law in this light.

Last edited:
Jesus had long hair, wore a dress, had a mother complex, never dated, and hung around guys named Matthew , Mark, and Luke.

Ya think????

I Think you may get to read your last post again on your final judgment day,just before you hear the sad words=depart from into hell,Inever knew you!!

That gay blade jesus already died on the cross for our sins , so no one is ever going to hell, and to prove it, he had his shlong hanging out the whole time while on the cross. The diaper thing you see in pictures is another myth.

So is the myth that no one is going to hell. You are either for Him or against Him. You are against Him. Therefore you will reside with your father Satan for eternity. His shlong in your mouth to keep you from crying out to Christ to end your suffering. What a shame.

I Think you may get to read your last post again on your final judgment day,just before you hear the sad words=depart from into hell,Inever knew you!!

That gay blade jesus already died on the cross for our sins , so no one is ever going to hell, and to prove it, he had his shlong hanging out the whole time while on the cross. The diaper thing you see in pictures is another myth.

So is the myth that no one is going to hell. You are either for Him or against Him. You are against Him. Therefore you will reside with your father Satan for eternity. His shlong in your mouth to keep you from crying out to Christ to end your suffering. What a shame.

No, you got me all wrong, I'm FOR Jesus. The dude died on the cross for my sins so I could sin some more. Gotta give the guy his props!:2up:

The letter did go through rigorous scrutiny by the scholarly community with respect to authenticity and was given a strong vote of confidence.
apparently the first time the letter went through rigorous scrutiny by the scholarly community it got chucked out on its ear and didn't even make it into the list of apocrypha.....

The letter did go through rigorous scrutiny by the scholarly community with respect to authenticity and was given a strong vote of confidence.
apparently the first time the letter went through rigorous scrutiny by the scholarly community it got chucked out on its ear and didn't even make it into the list of apocrypha.....
A handful of skeptics.

nothing new at all about the two great commandments....both are found in full text in the OT.....Deut 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18.....

A handful of skeptics.

ah, the entire Christian church was a handful?.....though to be fair, I'm not even aware of anyone TRYING to have this socalled Secret Gospel of Mark included in the canon.....was there anyone around at the Council of Nicea that paid any attention to it?......maybe some guy who said "well I got this brother in law at this church just south of Corinth and they got this scroll they found behind the altar and it says......"

Last edited:

nothing new at all about the two great commandments....both are found in full text in the OT.....Deut 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18.....
Two commandments under the new covenant.

Two commandments under the new covenant.

no....still Ten......what you call Two were understood by the Jews to be summaries of the two tables of the commandments.....

Forum List

Back