Jesus debate challenge

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
I seem to have inputted in a bunch of these threads lately...

I would like to debate someone regarding jesus being the Jewish messiah or a jewish god.

Any takers?

Are you saying Jesus is the Jewish messiah or is not?

I take it that you are looking for someone well versed in the Judaism, there are some rabbis that post and you could introduce that topic to gather their opinions on the matter.

For me, I would place my arguement as thus--if the Jews do not accept Jesus as their messiah, then Jesus is not their messiahs. He maybe YOUR messiah but not theirs.

Are you saying Jesus is the Jewish messiah or is not?

I take it that you are looking for someone well versed in the Judaism, there are some rabbis that post and you could introduce that topic to gather their opinions on the matter.

For me, I would place my arguement as thus--if the Jews do not accept Jesus as their messiah, then Jesus is not their messiahs. He maybe YOUR messiah but not theirs.

A good source of information is Jews for Judaism

I seem to have inputted in a bunch of these threads lately...

I would like to debate someone regarding jesus being the Jewish messiah or a jewish god.

Any takers?

It depends. When do you want to do it, Mike? I have some things coming up but would enjoy doing the debate with you. - Jeremiah

Hold it--so which one of you guys is going to argue that "Jesus is the Jewish Messiah" and which is going to argue "Jewish is not the Jewish messiah"?

Because there seems to be a plurality that Jesus is not the jewish messiah. We need a "pro-jesus" arguer here to make this a debate.

Seriously?? Mike is a Jew. I am a Christian.. so...... I think I'll be defending the position of Jesus being the Messiah. I have one condition however.... I'm not going to argue with Mike. He's a Jew and I consider him a brother. So I'll present my case, he can present his and the reader can decide. If our time line works out here that is. - Jeremiah

I don't consider this debate personal. At least not to me.

I think it would be a good intellectual exercise.

I don't expect me to change any christian's opinion, and I doubt any jewish opinion would be changed, based on the results.

A judge would be pointless since each religion's member would support his side.

As far as the timeline, no pressure.

I get busy too, and I don't want to be time pressured either.

I would like to have a friendly debate about the issue, not each other.

The topic would be though whether jesus is the jewish messiah, and/or a god, based on jewish writings or something like that.

Sounds like the ground rules are laid out.

Everyone is in agreement.

I'm looking forward to hearing both arguments.

At your leisure gentlemen.

I don't expect me to change any christian's opinion, and I doubt any jewish opinion would be changed, based on the results.

The topic would be though whether jesus is the jewish messiah, and/or a god, based on jewish writings or something like that.

That sounds awesome to me, Mike. Also I've never done this before on this board so you have to tell me how this works. I don't think I'm as knowledgable on the Torah as you are but it is my favorite book to study so I'm looking forward to what I will learn from you. My best friend on internet is a jewish gal and she is very knowlegable on her faith. Judaism. I think I've learned more from her than I ever have from any Pastor or book. Anyhow, I look forward to it. - Jeremiah

Mike you can open and start wherever you like. It is your debate. I will reply when I get back later this evening or tomorrow. - Jeremiah

That sounds awesome to me, Mike. Also I've never done this before on this board so you have to tell me how this works. I don't think I'm as knowledgable on the Torah as you are but it is my favorite book to study so I'm looking forward to what I will learn from you. My best friend on internet is a jewish gal and she is very knowlegable on her faith. Judaism. I think I've learned more from her than I ever have from any Pastor or book. Anyhow, I look forward to it. - Jeremiah

The blind leading the blind. I've never done this before either.

Is there a moderator on call?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYnCmw2CWE]Jeremiah was a bullfrog - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back