Jeb Bush Won't Talk About Wars His Brother Started

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) has no interest in "re-litigating" the costly wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which began under his brother's administration.

"I won't talk about the past," Bush said at a Friday press conference when asked how he would have handled the conflicts differently, according to The Washington Post. "I'll talk about the future. If I'm in the process of considering the possibility of running, it's not about re-litigating anything in the past. It's about trying to create a set of ideas and principles that will help us move forward."

The governor, who is almost certain to jump into the 2016 race, said that instead he would focus on a positive vision for the country that revolved around the future. He will elaborate on that vision when he delivers what his aides are describing as a major foreign policy address in Chicago next week.

It's unlikely Bush will be able to avoid the subject for long. Democrats are already pointing to his brother's legacy, which has left U.S. forces in the Middle East more than a decade after their initial deployment. Both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars remain unpopular -- with a 2013 poll finding majorities that said the campaigns were not worth the tremendous sacrifice. Some Republicans, too, are likely to criticize Bush over the matter. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), another would-be presidential candidate with libertarian leanings, has spoken out against false pretenses used to justify the war.

More: Jeb Bush Won't Talk About Wars His Brother Started

"I won't talk about the past." Of course Jeb doesn't want to talk about the wars his brother started. Is he ashamed? However, if those wars had been popular - he wouldn't stop talking about them. Jeb has a rough row to hoe.

I'm sure Jeb can also expect questions about his role as Governor of Florida regarding the 2000 presidential election.

"Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) has no interest in "re-litigating" the costly wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which began under his brother's administration."

Too bad.

Such questions are perfectly appropriate and legitimate to ask of a presidential candidate, particularly given the fact the candidate's brother started two failed, illegal wars as president.

IMO, Jeb doesn't want any of this high profile BS. Hiding in Florida was good enough for him and satisfied his political interests. Family pressure (even though they won't admit it) has him where he is today. One way or the other Jeb will be finished by 2016. I wish him the best.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) has no interest in "re-litigating" the costly wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which began under his brother's administration.

"I won't talk about the past," Bush said at a Friday press conference when asked how he would have handled the conflicts differently, according to The Washington Post. "I'll talk about the future. If I'm in the process of considering the possibility of running, it's not about re-litigating anything in the past. It's about trying to create a set of ideas and principles that will help us move forward."

The governor, who is almost certain to jump into the 2016 race, said that instead he would focus on a positive vision for the country that revolved around the future. He will elaborate on that vision when he delivers what his aides are describing as a major foreign policy address in Chicago next week.

It's unlikely Bush will be able to avoid the subject for long. Democrats are already pointing to his brother's legacy, which has left U.S. forces in the Middle East more than a decade after their initial deployment. Both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars remain unpopular -- with a 2013 poll finding majorities that said the campaigns were not worth the tremendous sacrifice. Some Republicans, too, are likely to criticize Bush over the matter. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), another would-be presidential candidate with libertarian leanings, has spoken out against false pretenses used to justify the war.

"I won't talk about the past." Of course Jeb doesn't want to talk about the wars his brother started. Is he ashamed? However, if those wars had been popular - he wouldn't stop talking about them. Jeb has a rough row to hoe.
I thought Repus, at least the ones on this forum, thought that boondoggle was an excellent idea?

Ya, Presidents shouldn't dwell on the past. Not like you're gonna learn anything from looking behind instead of foward.

His role in the 2000 presidential election?! Yikes!

It was not George Bush's fault, nor Jeb's, that so many Gore voters in Florida were too stupid to figure out how to properly mark a ballot. That's what it all boils down to. And if they were so dumb that they couldn't manage to cast their vote correctly, maybe they should not have been voting in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm sure Jeb can also expect questions about his role as Governor of Florida regarding the 2000 presidential election.
I am sure Hillary can expect questions on everything from cattle futures to Bill's STD's and illegal perversions.

Barbara%20Bush%20Faux%20Pas.jpg

Call it the first flip-flop of the 2016 presidential campaign.

Barbara Bush said Friday that she no longer feels that too many Bushes have occupied the White House.

“What do you mean, ‘Too many Bushes’? I’ve changed my mind,” she said in a carefully coordinated Skype announcement at a Bonita Springs, Florida, dinner for hundreds of her son's supporters, according to The Washington Post.

More: Barbara Bush: I've Changed My Mind On Another Bush Occupying The White House

Yeah, Barbara, America really needs another Bush in the White House. We barely survived the other two.

Yeah and Obama and the Democrats don't want to talk about their much supported Arab Spring policy. I'm betting when Hillary comes out of her self imposed exile and is asked about the Obama Middle East policy and her role in it she won't have much to say given the current state of the Middle East.

Which one of the Supreme Court Justices did Jeb Bush bribe to get them to stop the recount foolishness?

The issue of W's wars is one of the reasons Jeb is not my first pick for the GOP nomination. Jeb won't be able to dodge that issue for long.

If Jeb defends the Iraq War, he'll lose a good chunk of independent voters in one fell swoop. And I don't know that he has the guts to say that the Iraq War was a mistake, if he even thinks it was a mistake.

Which one of the Supreme Court Justices did Jeb Bush bribe to get them to stop the recount foolishness?

How Jeb Bush Stole the 2000 Election for His Brother

Bush brother blamed for unfair election - The Guardian

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris put Bush in the White House.

How Jeb Bush Stole the 2000 Election for His Brother

Bush brother blamed for unfair election - The Guardian

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris put Bush in the White House.

An attempt to rewrite history by lefties won't put Gore in the White House. The Supreme Court ruled and that settled it period!

Forum List

Back