Jazz Disciples

Well we did our gig yesterday. The stage we were playing at was not the one I thought. It was pretty much right in the middle of the fairgrounds, but it was enclosed by buildings on three sides, so you had to know where you were going to find it. Anyway, we probably had about 100-150 show up. I felt great about half the songs, the other half I didn't feel so great on - especially two that we just decided to do the day before the show! Thank God I can sight read! Anyway, it turned out to be a pretty good show. There were two video cameras there so I will do what I can to get pictures/audio/video in the next few days.

Anyone in the Seattle area want to attend a free concert - with yours truly?

The Jazz Disciples are playing at the Puyallup Nazarene Church this Saturday, 7 PM. It's a swing Christmas show, with a salute to Glenn Miller at the beginning. Woo-hoo! :D

I got a CD of the Christmas concert, but the sound quality is not great... I'll have to see if I can find a decent song and put a file up.

Next gig for us is the Annual Christian Music Contest in April... not sure what song we're doing but it will definitely have a fun bass line!

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread for a good reason.

We played in the aforementioned talent contest this weekend, and won the grand prize! We beat out 19 other groups in our category, plus the winners of the other categories. Part of the grand prize is 6 hours of studio time for the group! Can't wait for that!

Forum List

Back